I guess this Cassidy Event is next Week

Oh no, I’ll have to put up with an influx of cree mains :frowning_face:

1 Like

one of the bases of Overwatch was in Rome (comic retribution), and it is known that in Venice there is the base of Talon. we know that in Italy there has always been someone who managed the deals for talon (Antonio, Vialli who died in the comic Masquerade) …

but now? my personal speculation is that we will see the teaser of a new Italian boss Talon, just like the Fox girl in Kanezaka or Mauga with the short story of Baptiste. someone must surely replace Vialli in Italy, somehow. There are too many Italian maps not to have a precise lore of that area.

Also check out this video by Master Ian Gamer about the map and his trailer video:

It would be particularly interesting to combine Cassidy’s train travel (Ow’s first comic) with Reunion and McCree’s arrival in Italy to investigate Talon’s agents sent to America. Maybe the new boss Talon. Maybe a new discovery for the Cowboy after leaving Echo and Ashe.

2 Likes

It should be clarified that we don’t even have confirmation that Cassidy is the lead role in this upcoming “event,” only that he had a part in the overall story narrative which they changed his name for.

For as far as we know this could be an event for Torbjorn in a Swedish Meatball costume skin.

(Update, they have now confirmed this mini-event is central around Casssidy. Details on Twitter)

3 Likes

Don’t do that… don’t give me hope.

6 Likes

4 Likes

lmao no. can yall read?

5 Likes

I can read, but we don’t exactly know what the event is about. The blue post you quoted only confirms Cassidy is a part of it, but its not confirming he is the lead role in that event.

2 Likes

The point is that the narrative was not to support changing the name. They don’t want it to be some celebratory moment.

1 Like

Exactly, but they halted the event production of this event to rework in the new name where appropriate, but the event is not telling about Cassidy’s name changing. It will simply identify Cassidy as Cassidy in whatever narrative Cassidy is playing.

1 Like

Hope the event allows us to inflict as much pain and bring him death in over a hundred different ways. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

…Um AndyB already said “upcoming Cassidy event” Myst.

(Oops you already talked about it.)

Still Bapt wasn’t ready the center of attention in his.

1 Like

Event is coming.

2 Likes

And I have a 6 hour shift . Peace

Yes, but go back to the original tweet from @PlayOverwatch…

It mentions Cassidy was to play “a key part” but it implies there may be others involved.

All I am saying, is don’t be surprised if the event we get isn’t serving a big scoop of western cheesy casserole than what you were anticipating.

1 Like

“It’s necessary to change the name of the hero currently known as McCree to something that better represents what Overwatch stands for.”
Soo… Does anyone know what exactly “Cole Cassidy” represents?

Has the same initial letters as “Cancel Culture”?

1 Like

Who are we talking about? I didn’t realize Bliz released a new character while I was away. Are they any good?

1 Like

I think this event will add some lore to Cassidy.

It’s worth a shot.

Search “I Wanna Be A Cowboy” on Youtube. That’s closest enough to lore for the character.

Wait they added ANOTHER cowboy? I think that we have enough of those already. Is he hitscan too?