The Manure Farmer Cole Skin Event comes out tomorrow

Does that mean the story along with it comes out the same time or later?

4 Likes

Does anyone know how the lore works now regarding cowboy guy?

Is the name change part of mccree’s story, or is cassidy being treated as an entirely new hero?

2 Likes

I think his real name was always Cole Cassidy, but he has been using the alias Jessie Mccree…

7 Likes

I think Jesse McCree was his “outlaw name” and his real name is CC.

In my head canon, which is endorsed by Jeph, McCree was his bandito name when he was out committing “crimes,” or robbing the rich, however you look at it.

Perhaps something tragic happens, like a fellow bandit being gunned down, and he resigns his outlaw name to close the chapter on that part of his past.

I can see a pretty good cinematic built around such a story, with all the spaghetti western tropes as well.

GLHF :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

In short, no.
That’s not the case.

4 Likes

They must be trying to gin up his Old West schtick, his new poncho has paisleys on it and Victorian style was all paisleys and damask wallpaper and all that. He should have got a handlebar moustache with it, honestly.

2 Likes

So now there’s a narrative dissonance? Characters are just going to start calling McCree “Cassidy” for no real reason?

I guess if I have time this week, I could probably write a narrative that at least explains this to some degree, but that’s a big “maybe”.

2 Likes

Im going to be completely honest with you

I have no idea in the world of what you just said

4 Likes

It is basically confirmed that Cole Cassidy is „just“ his real name.
McCree was his alias, his fake name his runaway name.

4 Likes

From what I understand, Cole Cassidy has always been his name. He’s been using the name McCree since becoming an outlaw, but he has decided to become more honest with himself and wants a new start, so he’s started using his old name again.

4 Likes

Lol I’m sorry. If you just google pics of old cowboys you can see what they’re going for. Like Viggio Mortenstien in Appaloosa, that kind of vibe.

3 Likes

„The cowboy he was rode into the sunset, and Cole Cassidy faced the world at dawn. Running from his past meant running from himself, and each passing year only widened the divide between who he had been and what he had become. But in every cowboy’s life, there comes a time where he has to stop and make a stand. To make this new Overwatch better, to make things right, he had to be honest with his team and himself. The cowboy he was rode into the sunset, and Cole Cassidy faced the world at dawn."

That’s from Twitter.

3 Likes

True, but they could at least tie that into Lore.

For example, what I’m thinking of is something along the line(s) of this:
During his venture out in the open American Midwest, McCree hears news that an impostor is using his name in their villainous crime spree, now placing a bounty on his head that many are hungry to claim. In this rustic story, McCree seeks to find this renegade and bring them to justice; clearing his name in the process, but also realizing that he wants to severe ties with his old past.

Lore-wise, most other would probably still call him McCree, since he hasn’t been in contact with them for over a decade, and the ones that continue to use his name would probably be for antagonistic purposes (like Reaper, or Ashe).

4 Likes

wha-

3 Likes

LOL yea the skin is . . . but excited for any content

1 Like

yay

content for the same 10 heroes

very excited to not play this at all

It’s like they don’t know they have 20+ other heroes

1 Like

McCree/Cassidy hasn’t gotten new lore since 2018.

Same character, he now just ditched an alias and came out as Cassidy which is supposedly his real name.

2 Likes

“I hate Manure.” - Buford Tannen (Back to the Future III)

1 Like

And all it took was one man’s sins to secure for us some manure… I mean, more lore. Smells like a silver lining to me. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like