PSE1 SG server Gone?

I usually play on Americas server which connects me to PSE1 (Singapore server) but since yesteday I’ve been connecting to GSG1 (singapore 2). I’m now getting 400ms and Im unable to play the game.

8 Likes

I have the same question as well. I am getting higher pings which is making it hard to aim and hit. What happened to the PSE1 server?

3 Likes

Dont know but I want it back really badly, I cant play the game at all and worst of all I cant play with my friends. I really hope its not a permanent thing

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem right now. My latency has increased about 82ms+ and I’m unable to play well.

I really wanna know what’s going on with PSE1?

2 Likes

I checked the Custom Game Datacenter Preference Options and it appears that PSE1 - Signapore 1 is no longer selectable. This means the datacenter is offline entirely at this time. I will try to look into this.

2 Likes

This is because PSE1 was Pacific South East 1, an amazon server up until Tuesday this week.

As of Wednesday this week it changed to gsg1, referred to ingame as Singapore 2, but a tracert confirms that it is a google server.

The reason the google server is causing extremely elevated latencies is that google isn’t advertising their server properly. According to an Aussie Broadband representative, in Australia they’re advertising the Singaporean server gsg1 out of Sydney. So if you’re in Perth for example, you will first automatically route as below:

Perth ---- >Sydney ---->Singapore ---->Sydney ---->Perth

This is triple the latency of the earlier path on amazon of:

Perth —>Singapore ----Perth

It also shows why not everyone has greatly elevated ping in OCE to Singapore, as Sydney and Brisbane will have normal latency even with this issue. Melbourne, Perth and adelaide will all have two extra Sydney hops that are adding to their ping.

As a note, even when my isp modified the forward path, forcing it to be Perth to Singapore. The return path was still preferred to go out of the google PNI in Sydney, which is something my isp can’t influence.

4 Likes

Same problem here. I went from having 70+ ping on PSE1 to 120+ on GSG1.

1 Like

Apparently this is now the designated thread that’s being monitored for this issue; so an example tracert that shows this issue is below:

1 <1 ms 1 ms 1 ms DSL-AC3100-F4C0 [192.168.1.1]
2 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms [61.245.128.1]
3 54 ms 54 ms 54 ms [202.142.143.46]
4 54 ms 54 ms 54 ms [202.142.143.151]
5 54 ms 54 ms 54 ms [202.142.143.54]
6 54 ms 54 ms 54 ms [180.150.1.117]
7 54 ms 54 ms 54 ms [119.18.32.167]
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 57 ms 53 ms 53 ms 209.85.253.180
10 54 ms 54 ms 54 ms 108.170.247.74
11 146 ms 146 ms 146 ms 172.253.79.104
12 147 ms 147 ms 147 ms 209.85.245.232
13 146 ms 145 ms 145 ms 66.249.94.59
14 * * * Request timed out.

All the 54ms addresses are in Sydney; so it’s going Perth —>Sydney —>Singapore.

1 Like

It’s been four days and still now update regarding PSE1!

1 Like

i can confirm this too. I get connected to sydney server or usually gsg1. and the latency in gsg is not as good compared to pse1 server. is the pse server gone?

Before when id connect to pse1, my ping latency coulg go as low as 40-60, buy now on gsg1 its 90-100.

i also noticed that id get connected frequently to sydney servers now, and when this happens im at 200+ ping.

seems as though the routing of gsg1 servers are not as good and the their latency is also very bad.

1 Like

This is accurate. The Overwatch servers are being transitioned from Amazon to Google servers. We’re digging into the increased latency for people on the GSG1 server, and will post here again if the engineers need any more data. For now we’re on the case and trying to find out why the return path to some areas is going a longer distance than necessary.

7 Likes

Any updates regarding the issue?

2 Likes

Has google managed to get back to you guys yet?

The servers are still very much broken; the only reason that a lot of people aren’t posting is that most people in Australia don’t even know that GSG1 is even in Singapore, or are in Sydney/ Melbourne and prefer to avoid Singapore anyway.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like this problem will be resolved any time soon.

1 Like

It is fixable, they just need to open a ticket with google and tell them that they’re wrongly advertising their singapore server in Sydney.

2 Likes

Either they will fix it after OW2 release or won’t. My guess is the former atm

1 Like

Any update on this? I play from India and I’m getting like 30-40ms more than I used to get on gsg1 servers.

1 Like

@yedrellow any chance you got a discord? I would like you to look at my Tracert once. It’s fine if you dont feel comfortable sharing your discord here.

PS: Tried sharing my tracert here, it says links are not allowed.

1 Like

Ok nvm I found an alternative solution

pastebin(dot)com/rzaBxcMS

1 Like

That tracert looks like it’s going through Europe, I don’t think that has the correct destination used for the win mtr

1 Like