Singapore server crap

They closed the previous thread cuz they could not take criticism . I am deleting my blizzard account .this kind of behavior is totally unacceptable .

3 Likes

No, they specifically mentioned why they closed the thread:

They can’t force an ISP to use another route for better latency, Blizzard isn’t their customer and doesn’t control their business.

The technical support person was completely misunderstanding the situation.

The reason users from Perth average 60-80 ms is because they are now connecting to SYD2 and not GSG1. Perth as a city is equidistant between both Sydney (SYD2) and Singapore (GSG1) given proper routing, and due to time differences, has a large percentage of its games in Singapore when the routing is working as intended. He just closed the thread without reading it, without understanding it, without checking any of the evidence in the thread that indicated that it transcended beyond isps. If he instead checked what Perth users were getting to GSG1, which is the entire topic of the thread, he would see that it’s exactly the same latencies that you get with all of the looking glass tests, all of the vpn tests.

This was basically all ground that has been treaded over already, with tickets that have had 20-30 hours of my own time poured in to PROVING that it wasnt just 1 isp, and proving that it was because of how google handles it’s routing, and now it’s being pretended to not even exist. If you were to go through all the tickets on this issue, it is instead not proven that there is a single isp in Australia that has decent Perth to GSG1 routing.

Evidence has been provided previously for:
Aussie Broadband
Superloop
iinet
TPG
Telstra

and every single vpn node publically available in Perth:

Perth Binarylane: Broken, 105 ping rather than 50-60
Perth RansomIT: Broken, 150 ping rather than 50-60
Perth Wombat: Broken 100 ping rather than 50-60
Perth iinet public node: Broken, 170 ping rather than 50-60.

I’d gladly eat my words if a single traceroute was provided that contradicted the above was provided, but none will be precisely because no isp has escaped this issue in Australia in Perth (or Adelaide/Melbourne for that matter).

There are NO Perth players with decent routing to GSG1 without using vpns, please if you’re a blizzard employee and don’t want to read all of this post, read this sentence specifically, and repeatedly.

Please check the ticket [US76247352]. I literally went through the process of disproving the specific closing message back in December, that was just used as justification to close the thread.

I have more evidence in:

Australian routing to Singapore server GSG1 broken, triple latency for Perth players - #7 by Kaldraydis-1147

and of course earlier in the very thread that was closed

All of the tickets that we have sent on this issue proved this, categorically. From those tickets that are now all closed, we were all referred to that one thread, and then that thread was closed.

Please just reread the evidence that has been provided. Over 20 hours has been spent on collecting it at this stage.

Just a reminder:

My isp, Aussie Broadband. Already tried to contact both Blizzard and Google to solve this situation, and were unable to do so, purely due to configuration on Google’s end.

On the whirlpool forums, if you want to check, I cant link because of forum restrictions.

@68128048 John Alexander writes…
[“Google are in Sydney and advertise it out of there. I’ve adjusted it slightly so it now goes direct to Singapore, but it looks like the return path is being preferred by Google to come back in via their PNI with us in Sydney. It’s taken 50ms off the times though.”]

What it ended up being was that Aussie Broadband COULD manually fix the forward paths for the servers if and only if they had the entire ip range for all of the servers (which currently shift around continuously). However they were entirely powerless to fix the reverse paths, which are determined by google.

This reverse path issue being a problem for cities away from google PNIs was shown in the previous thread to be present in both Australia and India.

i.e both Perth ---- >Sydney ---->Singapore ---->Sydney ---->Perth (of which the reverse path of Singapore to Sydney to Perth was not controllable by isp, and instead a result of google’s routing)

and Kolkatta ---- > Delhi ---->(unknown, maybe back to kolkatta) ----> Singapore ----> Delhi ----> Kolkatta. of which the Singapore to Delhi to Kolkatta part will not be controllable by an Indian isp.

For people still trying to manually keep good vpn routes using mudfish, the current maintained list of GSG1 servers are as below:

35.240.253.0/24
34.87.108.0/24
35.186.151.0/24
35.186.154.0/24
35.247.165.0/24
34.87.175.0/24
35.240.139.0/24
34.87.1.0/24
35.198.226.0/24
34.87.79.0/24
34.87.54.0/24

3 Likes