Patching and installation issues are some of the more common issues that we come across in the Tech Support Forums. This thread will highlight some troubleshooting steps that have been proven to resolve most of the patching and installation issues that you as a player may encounter.
Overwatch Installer Not Downloading
Overwatch not updating at all
Overwatch Blizzard/Developer Post Directory - Last Updated: 3/13/2019
- Overwatch requires an up-to-date operating system in order to run. Check for updates before continuing.
- The installer needs administrator permission to update the files on your computer. Be sure to use an administrator account.
- You must have a stable internet connection to install the game. If you experience connectivity issues, try optimizing your internet connection.
- If your game disk is damaged, or if you experience issues while trying to install from a disk, download and run the game installer from our site.
- Programs running in the background on your computer can interfere with installation. Close any running background applications and try again.
- Security software can interfere with our streaming installer. Try disabling or temporarily uninstalling your security applications.
- The Blizzard Update Agent helper program is what handles installation and patching for Blizzard games. Issues can arise if it is not functioning properly. Try troubleshooting Agent.
- The installer may not be able to write files to damaged or corrupt hard drive sectors. Run ScanDisk and Defrag to check for and address hard drive issues.
- Damaged, corrupt, or unreadable computer memory may cause installation issues. Run a Memory Diagnostic scan to check for memory issues.
- Malicious programs may interfere with the installation process. Run a security scan to find and resolve any infections.
- Deleting files in your Temp folder may sometimes resolve installation issues. Locate the Temp folder and delete its contents, then try again.
-Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Temp
-Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10: C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local\Temp
- Data from a previous Overwatch installation may interfere with installation. Uninstall Overwatch and install a new copy of the game.
"Game Server Connection Failed... Retrying."
Stuck on Overwatch Installation
Can't Download, but I am the admin
Overwatch Download Not Working
Cant' Download Overwatch!
Run the launcher in administrator mode to be sure it has the permissions it needs to update the game.
- You will need a stable internet connection in order to update the game. If you are having connectivity issues, try optimizing your internet connection.
Use the launcher’s repair tool to fix corrupt game files that can cause problems while patching the game.
Closing background applications can resolve conflicts between our installer and other programs on your computer.
- Due to the way the launcher updates our games, security programs can interfere with the process. Disable or temporarily uninstall your security software and try again.
- Addon manager clients like Curse Client or WoWMatrix can lock certain files that the launcher needs to update the game. Disable or temporarily uninstall these programs and try again.
- The Agent helper program is what handles updates and installation for Blizzard games. Issues can arise if it’s not functioning properly. Try troubleshooting Agent.
- Problems with your computer’s physical memory can cause updates to fail. Run a memory scan.
- Malicious software can interfere with the patch process. Run a virus scan.
- If the issue persists, uninstall the game and download a new copy of the installer from the Blizzard Game Downloads page.
I cant log into my main account but on my alt account I can. Also overwatch constantly needs updating for no reason at all
Blizzard. Fix your client
Repeating download error