Blizzard. Fix your client

So this has been a somewhat recent issue for me.

Everytime Overwatch tries to update, it instead insists that the client needs to update first. The only problem with this is that the client update sits in update limbo forever. I’ve had times where it actually completed all the way and no lie, I left my computer on for two days and it was still stuck on “Applying Update”.

I’ve had to uninstall the client, and then reinstall it with the latest version everytime this happens, but every time I try to reinstall it, it takes me an ungodly amount of time to get it back up and running again on my system. To which point, I can update overwatch and hope to god that the battlenet client won’t be getting any updates soon.

Blizzard, there have so many forum posts regarding issues with your battlenet client. You’ve somehow managed to create a launcher that works even worse than Origin and Uplay. When you have people peeved by the launcher software they need to play your games, then those people will not want to play those games. Fix it.

In most of the cases on the forums, the issue is something on the player’s PC blocking the install, waiting for permission to be granted to finish the install, or another application directly blocking the ability to update. The staff wrote a helpful thread that addresses all of these issues, pinned to the top of this forum: Patching and Installation Troubleshooting - #3 by Glaxigrav