"Game Server Connection Failed... Retrying."

I haven’t played Overwatch for awhile due to some issues with life, so I had to take a break for a while.
And now that my issues have been resolved, I reinstalled Overwatch and played it last week. I want to play with my friend today and as I opened Overwatch, I received the notification “Game Server Connection Failed… Retrying.”
So I waited for a few minutes and saw that nothing was happening, so I restarted it. I noticed on the bottom of my screen that there was a bar that said something along the lines of “A new patch is ready to be installed” so I installed it and tried to go back in only to find the same message. Waited a few more minutes and got fed up, looked through the forums and tried a few things like trying to manually update Battle. net and Overwatch, etc.
Do I need to uninstall Overwatch again and then reinstall? Or is there something else that I need to do?
Please help, I wanna play in the new comp season and such and I’m ready for the Halloween event.
Any help will be appreciated!

Did you follow the steps for installation/patch issues in the forum? Patching and Installation Troubleshooting - #2 by Glaxigrav