Overwatch Contenders / League 2022 Schedule - Earn Skins

i could of swore they said the team skins for the ow2 variants, including ow2 heroes, wasnt coming until alot later.

Sill no Collegiate Spray, CAH tokens or Sojourn OWL skins.

The 2022 Path to Pro Icon and Spray was patched in. Does anyone own it in game if they were in P2P or through the QR code that was available at their booth in the OWL Grand Finals? Seems they reneged on them being an additional viewership reward for 2022 Summer Series.

Concerning the OWL skins, I purchased all the Paris skins (+ Mayhem, Defiant, Dynasty) when they announced their move to Vegas and before the 50% increase in token cost. I wish I had enough now to complete my Philly collection.

1 Like

I can confirm I have the icon/spray unlocked after using the QR code during the Grand Finals.

I submitted a ticket due to the missing Sorjourn drop and a missing Hanzo contenders drop and it was marked as resolved despite them not answering at all. They literally gave me a warning for asking for a resolution when Support didn’t even give me an answer. I was specifically trying to get an answer from them because I was getting the same vague answer of: “go to the forums” and they gave me a warning. I had an issue I thought was warranting a resolution and instead they threaten to terminate my account. Great support, Blizzard.

Yeah sorry meant Eternal, not Valiant. fixed.

2 Likes

Update #25

Still missing : Kiriko, Junker Queen, Soujorn (OWL Finals + Tokens)

and the recent contenders skins! ! !

2 Likes

Only way to get a response from Blizzard support is making a ticket tied to a Payment issue, those are the ones that they will get back to you, otherwise I had a ticket that was unanswered after a month in regards to missing drops. Still no answer back on a ticket related to my missing Hanzo Contenders and Sorjourn OWL skin. Pretty sure Blizzard Support’s role is just to copy and paste answers without solving our issues at this point, since the missing drops issue has been prevalent since they switched to streaming events on YouTube. Doubt anything will be done to help the people that tuned in only to get nothing.

2 Likes

Update I don’t remember:
Still missing my JQ, Kiriko, Sojourn skins, and the bonus tokens.
Is there any hope left?

Edit: forgot to add name card as well.

1 Like

Tickets are not worth submitting as well. If you want a response, they will give you a warning or possibly worse. Basically just getting auto responses and no action done to actually address the issues here. Told to check back in the forums but not even a response from Blizzard here stating that they would be addressing the issues. No response basically gives the perception that there is no care with addressing the missing drop issue. Even a response stating that they are looking into it is better than nothing.

is blizzard trying to scam us AGAIN? Skin sojourn was supposed to be at the beginning of January. It’s about to be mid-January, and we don’t even know if anyone else remembers that he was supposed to give us something. Until today no one got Collegiate spray as well as Call all Heroes tokens… It’s slowly pathetic how no one even controls it…

2 Likes

Wait - did the collegiate spray and calling all heroes tokens drop?

What QR code? This was in person only?

Yes, at the event, there were different locales with QR codes for additional content, including 1 for the the Path to Pro icon, 1 for the spray, and 6 had high res alternate images of the 6 player icons (one of the artists tweeted the 2 they contributed here: https://twitter.com/A2Ziegler/status/1586134734421504001)

I think if you found all 8 QR codes, they gave you an additional 100 OWL tokens.

And nobody who can provide a solution never provides any updates here, despite the fact drops on the YouTube platform have been a disaster. Maybe once they cycle through all hero drops for Contenders and OWL that we can get a drop chance again after 2 years. Only given solution from support is to post here, since they don’t have any answers for missing drops 2 years on. Very doubt they will do anything as well for the missing Sorjourn and missing Hanzo Contenders drop based on past history from what I’ve seen in the forums along with past tickets. I have had much better experiences with other companies in regards to missed drops with them actually looking into the issue and detailing the problem.

3 Likes

Update #26

Still missing : Kiriko, Junker Queen, Soujorn (OWL Finals + Tokens)

and the recent contenders skins! ! !

1 Like

No one officially stated the Sojourn skin would be in the first January patch. We know there’s a Lunar New Year patch coming next Tuesday (1/17) which could contain the skin.

Who is “he”? What are you referencing here?

Technically :nerd_face:, one person had reported getting the Collegiate spray back when the event was still live, and that they were able to validate it shortly after their 2 hours of viewership, as intended. I also witnessed someone else report (through Discord with screenshot) their spray unlock back when the event was live.

Granted, everyone else in this thread (and that Discord I mentioned), as well as everyone in this Bug Report thread, were actively working toward earning that spray, and did not see it unlock.

2 Likes

I’m that person with it. But it’s still strange how barely anyone else has it.

As for Sojourn’s skin, they did officially state that Sojourn’s skin will be available in early January, now it’s mid-January.

I’m still not sure where this “early January” reference is coming from. This tweet, from my understanding, was the only confirmation that Sojourn was being delayed to January. They didn’t specify when in January.

I speculated back on the 1st that the skin wasn’t showing up until the larger Lunar New Year patch on Tuesday (1/17).

Granted, the Battle for Olympus on (1/5) was fairly substantial, as they managed to squeeze the Path to Pro player icon and spray in that patch. They also opened the Competitive CTF (normally included with Lunar New Year) a week ahead of the seasonal event (1/10), so there have been some patches where the skin could have potentially been introduced.

1 Like

Been hit or miss with validating. Made a ticket to show proof of viewership back in 2020 along with the missing Hanzo Contenders and Sorjourn and they gave me a 72 hour boot for trying to correct them that it was a YouTube issue after they kept saying they couldn’t do anything since it was a Twitch issue. Not sure who runs Blizzard support or their drop promotions, since they never tend to go right in the first place.

1 Like

I’m nixing the support in your quote because I’ve had minimal interactions with them and cannot speak on the matter.

For drops, there was a glorious time from early 2020 to July 2022 where all drops worked smoothly, without any issues that couldn’t be chalked off as user error. There was a brief issue when YouTube first started, and there were occasional hiccups with Contenders content for some, but it more or less worked as expected.

In August 2022, they started their account merging stuff in preparations for OW2, which I speculate was what broke drops for just one weekend, and those points were restored before the following weekend (either Tues or Wed). Drops continued to work as expected up until their biggest promotion: The Playoffs/Grand Finals (more like Play-oofs).

So I wouldn’t say they “never tend to go right in the first place.” They had a fairly strong record for a couple of years and just ran into a huge problem on their biggest promo at the height of new player/viewer adoption/retention. Lots of questions and confusion among the viewers, followed by minimal communication to mitigate the anxiety and worry among the community.

In the original tracking thread, issues were at least moderated by a forum MVP with some semblance of reach to the Overwatch team to relay issues when they got big enough to warrant it, and they were consistently in the forums to reassure folks when there wasn’t any other direct communication from Blizzard. We don’t have a forum MVP anymore, so it’s just a bit more chaotic when things go sideways.

1 Like