Overwatch Contenders / League 2022 Schedule - Earn Skins

Last point exactly. You were able to at least contact Blizzard support via phone call years ago, then have at least a chat option available when needing support, but now you cannot even have that option anymore as you can only submit a ticket, and even then half of my responses were automated replies in regards to Twitch drops. As for the early 2020 to July 2022, there was an issue with the Mercy skin drop for Contenders in which they put out a response that they were going to reissue the drop event a few months later as numerous amounts of people were missing the Mercy skin.

Mercy and Symmetra were the first earnable skins through viewership, so they could be chalked off as growing pains for the delivery system.

Specifically, the original viewing hour requirements were 7 and 15 hours, not the 5 and 10 hours we’re now accustomed to. In addition, the promotion started on October 15, 2020, giving viewers only half the month to earn those first two skins. In the later matches of October 2020, some of the hours failed to record, so they made a second chance to earn Symmetra and Mercy again in December 2020 by watching 18 and 20 hours, respectively, after earning Junkrat (7 hours) and Zenyatta (15 hours).

I recall earning those skins back in October, and not needing to stress about re-earning them in December, but there was a large enough response from the community due to the final broadcast hours of October not recording, the narrow earning window, and the skin being tied to one of the most popular heroes in Overwatch.

1 Like

Does anyone know what’s gonna happen to Chinese OWL teams and their skins now?

Well, my speculation was incorrect. Blizzard technically has 2 weeks to deploy a patch that includes the Sojourn OWL skins. Maybe the Jan 31 patch that ends the event will bring it, leaving it technically in January? haha.

If I were to go out on a limb, I’d bet they see the skins deploying fine in test builds, and they’re just as baffled as us when it doesn’t go live from deploying the same build that’s in test.

No idea, but I would trust Blizzard not mentioning anything about it.

Confirming here that OWL gray/white Sojourn skins are active in-game after today’s patch.

Items that have still not been provided:

• 35 OWL tokens from watching full 7-hour Calling All Heroes broadcast
  • Collegiate Spray unlock from watching 2+ hours of the 3 Collegiate Homecoming broadcasts
4 Likes

Took a few months, but we got there! OWL Sojourn is in and we can close the book on OWL 2022 Finals rewards.

Looks like I need to check if I finally got my grand finals rewards. Not holding my breath.
EDIT: Nope! Still nothing!

1 Like

Still missing the Hanzo Contenders skin

I am still missing my Collegiate Spray. However it has been months now so I doubt they’ll ever fix it :frowning:

3 Likes

Didn’t get to confirm in here as well too, but got the Sojourn OWL skins.

Still no CAH tokens or the Collegiate spray.

1 Like

Ok holy crap, they did finally add OWL Sojourn skins. Sure took them a while.

Still no 35 WOL tokens from “calling all heroes”. I’ll be fine even with 15 dammit.

Yep, I got Sojourn skins finally, still no spray or tokens from December event.

1 Like

Love that Blizzard support’s best answer to anyone submitting a ticket is to post here.

Also Blizzard support: never checks the forums or posts.

Still missing the Hanzo skin, bumping. Been told to keep posting here by Support, but been trying to provide to them details in regards to the missing Hanzo skin issue in the first place, with screenshots of the Blizzard-YouTube connection showing an August 2022 connection date along with YouTube history and showing in-game screenshot of the Cassidy drop being in the account, but instead being to post here. Would make more sense to receive feedback through a ticket with support.

Would be nice to actually have them address this issue. They only seem to care with OWL events but besides that it is hard to get support from them on other events.

If support can’t help you, I don’t know why they’ve asked you to post here, as we don’t get help here anymore. The only forum guy who could help in the past now works for Blizzard, so we’re kinda stuck now.

1 Like

Exactly, zero support from Blizzard’s end. Not sure who or where to ask at this point, but it seems that CS basically just responds with links to articles or just ask you to post here when they choose not to help.

When are the next contenders skins going to be?

Also still no CAH tokens (35) or collegiate spray.

Hey KaMM, do you want to join our World Cup team to get a spray and banner? We have a team of 4-5 members. Just need someone from NA to play 2 games to get it.

2 Likes