(OFFICAL) MCCREE's NAME IS CHANGING!

,one that we’re approaching with consideration."

same as for burning evidence?? xD

4 Likes

You’ve became an absolute disgrace to the gaming world. You, Blizzard are a damn horrible company! Name change? Blaming us, gamers? Telling that we are the problem (it was in a WoW developer’s post)? Blaming Asmongold for WoW’s failure? This is the easy way, right? Instead of fixing your problems, instead of gathering yourself up and start working on your f* games you’re doing NOTHING. Just some “I pretend, I care” things. What the hell has happened to you? You’ve completely abandoned this stupid game and us, your loyal customers for years, and now you do this? Another FFA map, which no one will play? Give us new COMPETITIVE maps, you’ve already removed 2 years ago, and we got NOTHING back! And gives us new HEROES! We need tanks and supports, not renaming existing heroes. How dare you write these things after abandoning us for years???

29 Likes

Well it’s not like the money is going to game production.

3 Likes

Omg pls let’s just name him MacnCheese.

1 Like

I don’t really think that this is the right approach, but maybe I would think different as well if I was a part of the Overwatch Team :woman_shrugging:

Not sure if I will move on to the new name or stick with the old one, but I hope that people will be respectful to each other - no matter what another person decides to call him.

2 Likes

Voice lines, UI/UX elements need updated, art assets, localization, review with regional teams for cultural validation, legal…there’s a very long list. It’s an extensive effort, but one that the team agrees is the right thing to do.

33 Likes

pandering to twitter slacktavists who dont even play the game. call him wokey mcwokeface

43 Likes

Wow just wow, really? This is a hero from the game’s launch with years of established lore and you’re going to arbitrarily change it because because you fired the real guy for misconduct when hardly any players knew it was named after a real person?

Stick the shredding subpoenaed legal documents and leave the fictional hero alone.

38 Likes

Hmm how about McCockroach.

1 Like

I vote the new name should be “Flashroll McFan”.

6 Likes

Why they can’t save him with Joel McCree?

1 Like

Is this really worth the effort?

Just put out a press release that the name is coincidentally the same as someone else.

Bam, problem solved a massively less stupid way.

14 Likes

I would like to know how someone that gets offended because a fictional character has the same name as a real person, is NOT a snowflake. Honestly, curious.

5 Likes

And it seems like the snowflakes have won. GG

13 Likes

its trash…caved in under the snowflakes

5 Likes

blizzard loves to play with crap instead of serious stuff.

3 Likes

Frankly, this is a good decision, you don’t want your beloved community passively supporting a former sex offender.

2 Likes

It turns out it will not even be a plot move. Just renaming. I am disappointed.

4 Likes

You are once again, don’t take responsibility. This is just addressing the issue without addressing the issue! McCree is not the problem. Your team, your COMPANY is the problem!

23 Likes

They release a new hero or standard map now, they have to rework it for 5v5
It doesn’t make sense