My opinion on this patch and why I uninstalled

Why I’ve uninstalled this game for the first time ever since release?

Firstly, I don’t play comp. I enjoy playing tanks and my most played tank is Ball because I found him the most fun. So I’m just a casual gamer that used to play OW for fun, but the constant bullying of this game has drained all my good will.

I would be ok with the ball nerf if they reverted the grapple CD on respawn, since spawn rollouts are gone.
This was done because people cried about “Ball stalling” so now at least let the hero come out faster.

First, there’s more than 10 heroes with stuns / abilities that can screw up ball’s movement and hard countering exist in this game, so if the enemy team was getting stalled by a ball, it was most probably their own fault (for not switching heroes or using their abilities properly to counter the ball stall). Plus, it harms more the hero than doing healthy balance.

Secondly, I’m not too upset about this particular nerf, but the fact that they decide to keep pushing through unnecessary DPS buffs to DPS heroes that already outshine half the roster while other heroes like Reaper are incredibly bad.

Powercreep and balance is managed by a group of clowns that have 0 knowledge about what tanking really feels like.

Buffing Rein’s Ult damage won’t help the hero, in fact, it will only make tanking even more miserable, because it will make Rein a must pick, damage numbers go up higher and sustainability won’t be enough for any tank. All tank players complain about EXPLODING as tanks.
We don’t want more damage. We want more survibability.
They could’ve just made Rein’s Shatter back to 3 seconds and it would have been a much healthier buff for the hero and the game overall.
Instead they decided to push through random damage buffs that literally nobody likes, and manage to make the least desirable role in the game, even more garbage.
The only decent change for this whole patch was Moira’s. And that’s because this hero is such a throw pick that literally any kind of buff would be welcome.

I’ve uninstalled this game for the first time EVER. Not because I’m disappointed about the Ball nerf, but because the development and balance teams have managed to kill the last remaining good will I could have for this game. Not a single piece of content in years, the whole Blizzard scandal, promissing more communication (and failing miserably at keeping their promises) and ignoring us completely to “hint cool news to specific content creators” while the franchise is left to rot, watching other games and franchises I don’t even like go higher and higher, reaching new frontiers, expanding over new crossover games and spinoffs and TV series, while Overwatch… Just dies slowly and painfully.

I’ve had enough incompetence and bad vibes in my life and IMHO I’ve lasted well long with this game, maybe too much. 4 years of nothingness and I would still care about it and hop in to have some fun sometimes.
But tanking has become pure masochism due to powercreep and insane damage outputs.
They could’ve easily fixed the whole tanking role by pushing out 5V5 NOW and adding damage resistance to all tanks, AKA more armour or something. But they instead managed to screw things up more.

I’ve wasted too much time of my life trying to stay posstive and faithful for this game, I even created a huge megathread with community feedback for small QoL updates, wasting my time, love and dedication…

And all of this for what? For nothing. They don’t care about their game, their franchise, their employees nor their community. It seems that with every balance patch they don’t hear their community AT ALL.

I’ve had enough and I’m so broken that I’ve officialy reached a level of disappointment where I not only expect nothingness, but I expect them to finally screw up the last remains of this game so badly that they will finally kill it completely.

This was my sincere opinion and I’m sad, but it’s true.

Yeatle’s take on Ball’s nerf:

Ian’s take on Ball changes:

Overwatch is currently (and finally IMO) dead:

14 Likes

i totally agree with you and wish you luck to whatever game you go to next or if you quit vid games for good. i dont play ball so im neutral to those changes but everything else you said is spot on

1 Like

I swear half of the time people just ignore Ball on the point especially on console and it’s painful to watch and endure

1 Like

I am just checking occasionally.
And well, they just do more to not come back to this game.

1 Like

Right there with you.

I uninstalled about an hour ago.

Tank main tired of seeing top tier DPS buffed and buffed and buffed while tanks get nerf after nerf.

The Ball nerf isn’t even bad, it’s completely unnecessary. Only terrible players are beaten by spin to win. Even my plat compatriots eat Balls alive when they try it.

And the Rein “buff?” Is just there to make Rein players feel like they aren’t throwing picking Rein on Gibraltor, or Rialto or any of the other maps where Rein is terrible. It changes nothing. Anything that this will kill was dead anyway when they got shattered. It’s fluff so Blizz can say “Look, we buffed a tank!”

2 Likes

Let’s not forget that an opponent can die on 2cp, and be back out there spinning with ball before the attacking team has a chance to switch. This feels absolutely awful if you’re the attacking team and it’s a skill-less cheap tactic which gets arguably too much value for the defending team.

My second post ever to the forums (first was earlier tonight in reaction to these changes, then two iterations of this that posted horribly wrong).

I uninstall in solidarity. Tank/WB main here as well. I think I just hit 700 hours on WB, and then this. I tried a few games, but this doesn’t kill my play style that much. The changes to everyone one else does though. I’ve never felt like a scoop of ice cream that’s fallen on an Arizona parking lot in summertime before. I hadn’t initially not seen the notes and almost went nuts trying to figure out of if i was having issues w/ my USB or mouse. Nope, just the Blizz doing some skeet skeet all over WB players.

This will be my second and last post. I hope the CMs are actually reading these things and do their due diligence, and include posts such as these in those communithy thermometer meetings/reports that [we hope to god] happen.

I’ve been with Blizz since WC:O&H and Blackthrone days. In 94-96, we used to drive from Tampa to Naples for whole weekends at my best friends house after they moved, PC in the passenger seat with my honkin huge 19" CRT to LAN it up with 4-6 guys in a giant finished & furnished garage, all loaded in with WC1 and eventually WC2. We’d just rotate between us on matches w/ WC1, doing 1v1’s where the winners would face each other, loses would do the same, then the winners of that those would match up. All weekend long. The old guard did it right.

I still even own a small cache of swag i’ve received over the years for various events and giveaways, as well as my tenure in the glory days of Electronics Boutique/EBGames.

But where Blizzard is now… This is not the Blizzard of old. And I don’t like this current Blizzard. There’s more negative than positive in the news about Blizzard. There’s more anger in the community at Blizzard. There’s no real feel that they understand their own fan and players anymore. This almost feels like there’s an imposter Blizzard. “FOR THE SHAREHOLDERS!” I guess?

It’s done, I’ve uninstalled all Blizzard products from my PC. This will be the first time since 1994 that I have a PC running without Blizz being there. It’s actually sad, but I can’t stomach what you’ve become. It’s so much more than things being discussed due to this patch. You know it, I know it; Blizzard has become much like Rome, though that path has an unfortunate end.

Edit:

won’t know how long this will be here, or how it will show. since OW was that last bit of blizzard i was holding on to, i’ve no need for my account anymore. Delete request submitted. Also, make sure to delete their cache of your personal data if you do this, else they keep all the information they’ve ever had on you.

Edit2:
While not reinstalling, I have rescinded the account deletion after a discussion with my wife. Apparently I was too grumpy and it wouldn’t be wise to let my licenses disappear with the account.

1 Like

As long as Defenders can panic - switch to Hammond in the last second to stall the point, giving the Attackers no option to go back to spawn and switch to counter him, what you’re saying here isn’t really the case