šŸ“¢ Minimum 10 min queue for support

Hi. I disagree with you too. I dont fall into what you just described.

I dont care how powerful or weak my hero is in comparison to others in the same role or in other roles. Iā€™ll play him regardless. You could buff tanks to absolute God mode with 5000hp and 1 shot abilities. I still wouldnt play them. The playstyle isnā€™t fun to me.

I disagree with your idea because I dont think it would make dps players change to tank. That makes it pointless because it wouldnā€™t solve anything.

Thatā€™s an awfully high horse youā€™re on. Your ideas arenā€™t the only options available.

2 Likes

Incidentally, the second comment was referring to restricting Hero Pools, to Masters/GM/Pro, and using OWL stats.

Which is exactly what they did.

1 Like

That really doesnā€™t explain much about the high horse it seems youā€™re on. Being humble is great :kissing:

4 Likes

Well, I got about 40 changes put into another game called as PlanetSide. Including writing a miniaturized installer that was downloaded over 30,000 times. That was later copied by the devs.

Previously wrote a server modification for another class based shooter called TRIBES, with about 40 servers running it, and tournament play for years with about 25 teams.

And I can point to a wide number of changes that line up with ideas Iā€™ve posted. A lot of which are highly technical and very specific.

Hereā€™s a couple:
GreyFalcon Topic Codex
The whole system that allows for rapid patching, and experimental mode

Probably all 4 of the most recent Mei changes, the Double Headshot changes on McCree, the weighted ticket system for owl hero pools, limiting the hero pools to Masters/GM/Pro based on OWL pickrate.
Heck, I even have a concept that is basically hero pools.

To put it simply, thereā€™s probably more of my ideas in the game, than the rest of the forum community combined.
And I have a pretty strong background in class based shooter game design from other games.

1 Like

THIS is what iā€™m talking about. :no_mouth:

4 Likes

Heh, letā€™s throw in that Iā€™ve probably put more thought into Role Queue design than any non-staff person on this forum.

Including the addition of ā€œQuickplay Classicā€.

āœ… [2-2-2] Putting RoleQ into Quickplay
āœ… [Role Select] Finalizing this concept

1 Like

Skimming through some of your posts in this thread,

You seem like a capable person, but your ego doesnā€™t help anyone here; ideas are their own currency. As someone who has posted ideas/suggestions/feedback on Blizzard forums for 15+ years over multiple games, my ego still gets in the way, and in the end I end up needing to remind myself of that. Me needing to reference those 15 years is further proof that my ego is involved.

I used to keep track of changes I suggested getting into OW, but I stopped caring as much since I donā€™t play as much. Not saying you shouldnā€™t be proud of your efforts, but a lot of the time there are more people suggesting these things than you or I think/see.

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure a large chunk of those changes are pretty technical enough that Iā€™m pretty sure nobody was suggesting them.

But letā€™s take for example restricting Hero Pools to Masters/GM/Pro. Since that one was generic.

I was mentioning that on the very first post that I heard about the idea. Then later down the discussion thread, Jeff is talking about it.

But either way, to the topic at hand about Role Queue. Iā€™ve been championing this thing for a long time, with lots of design concepts.

And it pretty much comes down to:

1. Buff tanks, including more firepower
  2. Limit tanks to 1 per team
    • Buff tanks a lot
    • Including more firepower

Just by virtue of Roles having strength relative to each other, itā€™s pretty inescapable that that means DPS becomes less desirable to play.

If DPS donā€™t become less desirable to play, then DPS arenā€™t going to switch to Tank.

1 Like

Fair enough.

I agree with this more than I disagree. Main downside is obviously how much itā€™d change the fundamentals of the game, but could also possibly make OW2 actually feel like a new game.

Limiting teams to 1 tank and making them more fun/interesting to play seems to be at least worth experimenting on furtherā€¦and now Iā€™m eagerly awaiting 1-3-2 or 1-2-2 in experimental again.

1 Like

Thing is they probably might end up limiting Tanks to 1 per team for OW2.

But that would require a huge rework of pretty much every hero in the game. But primarily a ton more self-peel for healers, and CC immunity for Tanks.

I donā€™t see that happening between now and OW2 launch.

So that pretty much leaves a rework to existing barrier tanks. Although Winston and Rein are mostly fine.

1 Like

1-3-2 will probably require way more changes than 1-2-2 imo, even though one takes an entire player out of the game.

But yeah, supports like Zen will need the most I thinkā€¦

1 Like

Not saying I disagree, but it is worth noting that people find the most offensive tanks (Rein/Winston/Zarya/Hog) fun, while pros hate the defensive tanks (Orisa/Sig) to be cancerous.

I mean people DID complain about double shield because old Orisa with fortify with old Moira heals made her almost immortal.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a fair point, 1-2-2 is probably more likely.

But even then, thatā€™s still a lot of changes.

But I guess near CC immunity for Tanks, and cutting healer self-peel ability cooldowns by half would be a good start.

Zen, dunno, but probably either stronger discord, or maybe make it so kicking an enemy launches him backwards.
Or maybe give him a 15% speed boost when discord is active.

1 Like

I would prefer more ā€˜activateā€™ buffs for tanks than passives, but at bare minimum 30% CC reduction for all tank heroes would be a good place to start. This percentage would likely go through a lot of testing and changes, though.

5man teams sound less fun, but more balanced. I like big team fights, but am definitely willing to at least try 5v5.

Guess weā€™ll have to see when OW2 comes out.

Edit: as for your Zen comment, this is partly a joke, but Iā€™d love to have his kick displace both him and his target.

1 Like

Yet thatā€™s what people wanted - fast-paced action, ideally in steamroll kind of fashion, where nothing can stop onslaught of damage.

At least as support, you try to stall without having to absorb damage yourself.

3 Likes

assuming the DPS is taking down the other DPS and the healers are healing the tank, otherwise a tank is just a fancy practice droid

dps canā€™t dps without good space from tanks and support.
you will be shocked when you watch how much the dps on a smurf support or tanks team kill.

Currently I am sitting in a 20 minutes queue for support in QP lol
Not sure whatā€™s going on but I constantly find games that are not full, they get cancelled and I am back in queue. Also, I am playing in EU, normally my ping is around 50ms but whenever I find a game after a really long queue the match has a ping of 160ms - 200ms, what is going on?

last time i played (six months ago) i was playing tank because it was the only role that didnā€™t require me to wait until next patch to play, so i picked orisa, rein, winston, you know, the classics andā€¦we always had two snipers that couldnā€™t be bothered to switch to junkrat or phara to break a choke, or even get a reaper and flank. no. always hanzo and widow that did absolutely nothing all game except getting killed because they thought it would be a good idea to flank with them instead of a flanker.
i quit overwatch because of players like those and there is no way iā€™m coming back until they revert all of this.
and before you say anything, i was an endorsement 5 support player, one of those guys that USED MOIRAā€™S HEALING BALL INSTEAD OF SPAMMING THE DPS ONE.

this doesnā€™t mean you play the game well