šŸ“¢ Minimum 10 min queue for support

there was never a large playerbase for tanks at any point in time in the gameā€™s history.
and tanks are the carry role.

Tanking is particularly bad right now though. People donā€™t want to be stuck on Reinhardt, but you canā€™t play anything else.

And you think weā€™re supposed to fix queue times, without making Tanks more desirable to play?

As for Tanks being a carry role, they only carry if your team is ā€œdoing their jobā€ already.
If they arenā€™t then you lose, and thereā€™s not much you can do about it.

Tanks are currently far and away the least fun to play theyā€™ve ever been.

There is too much damage to contend with. If shields are supposedly at optimal levels then they should not melt in 2 mere seconds - Reinhardtā€™s lasts 5 seconds so now heā€™s a must pick. If heals are supposedly optimal then why canā€™t Supports outside of Ana / Moira keep up? Why wonā€™t they reduce damage? This game is less fun when they try force matches to end sooner. This formula makes it so DPS is the most preferred role

1 Like

Replace RQ with open queue, ensure there will always be at least one hero from each role.

Problem solved.

It would work, but I really doubt devs will ever do it.

I could see something like this though:

1 Like

Dividing the communit even more, I seeā€¦ Blizzard is already unnecessarily dividing the player base with the new hero pools, not another one, please. All this does is it lenghtens the queue times overall, both sides will have bad queue times.

Way I see it, it soaks up a lot of DPS into Open Queue :stuck_out_tongue:

Could do even more if they have Open Queue, but give it a maximum of 2 tanks per team. (With a minimum of 0 tanks)

Open Queue + Role queue adress a sever problem of balancing.

Letā€™s say brigitte moira lucio are a really solid brawly healing composition. Add that to Rein Zarya and Dva, what are the DPS gonna do about it ? Go reaper ? Go Pharah and let the point to the ennemies ?

2-2-2 was in my opinion a perfect way to

1. Force DPS in the meta at higher ranks
  2. Make the balancing easier
  3. Force compositions to not be 4 insta-lock DPS at lower rank.

Compared to the rest of the cast, I agree completely.

Makes me feel like 1-2-2 or 1-3-2 is the way to go; it makes those boring tanks a bit more powerful.

Snipers and 1-shot heroes may need tuning alongside tanks for that, though.

1 Like

youā€™re just wrong, tanks have the biggest impact on the game by far.

2 Likes

But is it fun to just create space, while being entirely dependant on your team to get anything else done?

3 Likes

From personal experience. Most silvers have no idea what theyā€™re talking about when it comes to balance, they canā€™t even counter some of the most counterable heroes in the game then call them busted and OP.

Way too many things would have to change for that too work. And it probably wouldnā€™t happen.

1 Like

they did a good job reworking the tanks, except for hog he was pretty useless.

1 Like

In my experience it is only a handful of people with anger issues that had problems like that, and regardless of rank. Iā€™ve seen some dumb stuff from people in masters too.

1 Like

Wow Iā€™m normally against censoring posts, but I can see why other people flagged this and made it a ā€œhiddenā€ post. Itā€™s so bad it should just be deleted.

1 Like

True. But nothin comes close to what that guy said. Giving damage buffs to practically all tanksā€¦ likeā€¦ oh me oh my what an idea for a balance change.

1 Like

Nah, having the barrier tanks be overpowered makes them less fun. People want to win because of ability not because numbers are bigger.

Itā€™s like taking Moira or Roadhog into DM. Itā€™s fun for a minute because of trolling but itā€™s fundamentally empty and lame.

1 Like

Assuming they get buffed in a boring way? Yes. I mostly observed 1-3-2 so canā€™t say how fun they were exactly, but that doesnā€™t mean Blizzard canā€™t buff them in ways to make them fun. Zaryaā€™s change was great.

I also disagree that making them ā€œpowerfulā€ (note: not overpowered like you put into my mouth for exaggeration) makes them less fun, because right now Iā€™m bothered by you telling me your subjective take is more valid than mine or others. Not only that, but it makes more tanks outside of barrier tanks more viable.

Your comment on Roadhog/Moira in DM doesnā€™t have a lot of value, because

1. DM isnā€™t balanced for anyone; OW being super team-oriented should explain why on its own.
  2. People DO keep having fun with Moira/Hog in DM.
  3. There are enough choices a single ā€œpowerfulā€ tank can make to feel good about winning.
  4. Both teams have tanks; your idea that only one team has the advantage here due to tanks being powerful is mistaken.

Why do you seem to value your subjective take to the point of objectivity? If I seem hostile, that is the reason. Deny it all you want, but itā€™s the core of your response to me.

1 Like