šŸ“¢ Minimum 10 min queue for support

1-3-2 will probably require way more changes than 1-2-2 imo, even though one takes an entire player out of the game.

But yeah, supports like Zen will need the most I thinkā€¦

1 Like

Not saying I disagree, but it is worth noting that people find the most offensive tanks (Rein/Winston/Zarya/Hog) fun, while pros hate the defensive tanks (Orisa/Sig) to be cancerous.

I mean people DID complain about double shield because old Orisa with fortify with old Moira heals made her almost immortal.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a fair point, 1-2-2 is probably more likely.

But even then, thatā€™s still a lot of changes.

But I guess near CC immunity for Tanks, and cutting healer self-peel ability cooldowns by half would be a good start.

Zen, dunno, but probably either stronger discord, or maybe make it so kicking an enemy launches him backwards.
Or maybe give him a 15% speed boost when discord is active.

1 Like

I would prefer more ā€˜activateā€™ buffs for tanks than passives, but at bare minimum 30% CC reduction for all tank heroes would be a good place to start. This percentage would likely go through a lot of testing and changes, though.

5man teams sound less fun, but more balanced. I like big team fights, but am definitely willing to at least try 5v5.

Guess weā€™ll have to see when OW2 comes out.

Edit: as for your Zen comment, this is partly a joke, but Iā€™d love to have his kick displace both him and his target.

1 Like

Yet thatā€™s what people wanted - fast-paced action, ideally in steamroll kind of fashion, where nothing can stop onslaught of damage.

At least as support, you try to stall without having to absorb damage yourself.

3 Likes

assuming the DPS is taking down the other DPS and the healers are healing the tank, otherwise a tank is just a fancy practice droid

dps canā€™t dps without good space from tanks and support.
you will be shocked when you watch how much the dps on a smurf support or tanks team kill.

Currently I am sitting in a 20 minutes queue for support in QP lol
Not sure whatā€™s going on but I constantly find games that are not full, they get cancelled and I am back in queue. Also, I am playing in EU, normally my ping is around 50ms but whenever I find a game after a really long queue the match has a ping of 160ms - 200ms, what is going on?

last time i played (six months ago) i was playing tank because it was the only role that didnā€™t require me to wait until next patch to play, so i picked orisa, rein, winston, you know, the classics andā€¦we always had two snipers that couldnā€™t be bothered to switch to junkrat or phara to break a choke, or even get a reaper and flank. no. always hanzo and widow that did absolutely nothing all game except getting killed because they thought it would be a good idea to flank with them instead of a flanker.
i quit overwatch because of players like those and there is no way iā€™m coming back until they revert all of this.
and before you say anything, i was an endorsement 5 support player, one of those guys that USED MOIRAā€™S HEALING BALL INSTEAD OF SPAMMING THE DPS ONE.

this doesnā€™t mean you play the game well

because playing tank is super boring, thatā€™s all.
doing tankā€™s job, be it successful or not, isnā€™t as satisfying as save teammates as support or killing as DPS.

no but it means i valued my team and always tried to help them win the match. i never played like those hanzo mains that instalock a hero and only care about getting play of the game at the end, my goal was and always has been taking the team to victory, if that meant switching to another hero or another class altogether, so be it.
If they donā€™t want these kind of players in the game, then overwatch IS dead

tbh, iā€™ve never seen a tank get play of the game