Mei bugs with videos. (+ new bugs)

Hello everyone.
Today would I like to share some bugs/issues Mei has with her kit.

1. Freeze particles can through objects and walls.

If a Mei is standing directly against any wall or object and use her primary fire, will the particle effect go through it. Enemies can’t be frozen with this. This is not client based bug. I have tested this with Str1kernaut with him in the enemy’s team and he could see it through walls as well.

This bug works on all walls and objects.

Click here for the video.

Freeze particles through walls

2. Getting stunned/killed in Cryo-Freeze and cancelling it.

Some abilities like are designed to not use the favor-the-shooter system.
Mei’s Cryo-Freeze feels like it’s not one of those abilities.

Mei can be stunned or killed in the first few frames of her Cryo-Freeze abilities.

https://streamable.com/n183s
https://streamable.com/n183s

More video proof of this issue in this thread, even from the perspective from the enemy:
[Still in the game] Mei can be pulled out of Cry-Freeze by Roadhog's hook

3. Ice-Wall placement is not always accurate.

This may be a more map related issue, but it seems Mei can not always place the Ice-Wall where she is looking at causing it to be placed somewhere else.

Wonky Ice-Wall

4. Mei’s Ultimate getting stuck and delayed.

If the ultimate is getting thrown under the payload or other low places will it get stuck and will it take some time before it’s getting activated.

Stuck and delayed ultimate

5. Mei’s ultimate disappear mid-air.

This is one I really want to have developers to address, because this issue isn’t just limited to Mei. Tracer, Wrecking Ball, Hanzo and Ana has this issue as well.
Mei has the longest cast time among the heroes with a projectile ultimate that it happens more often with her than with the other heroes,

The problem.The ultimate disappear if it has already left Mei's hand and disappear mid air if Mei is stunned or killed.
What's probably the cause of it.Mei’s ultimate should not be cancelled once it is thrown. It should only be cancellable when Mei has the robot in her hand. Unfortunately is this not case thanks to latency.

What happened on the screen of the Mei player hasn’t happened yet on the screen of the enemy (or on the server). If the animation has already finished on Mei’s screen but not on the enemy’s screen can the enemy still cancel it, even if Mei already threw it on her screen. The game will correct this on Mei’s screen and make the ultimate disappear.

Mei’s ultimate has a minimum total cast time of 1.5 seconds. In the first 0.5 seconds should it be cancellable. This is the part where she still has the robot in her hand, but thanks to latency is this not always the case. It could have been extended from 0.5 seconds to 0.7 seconds or higher depending on the latency. (The animation after the 0.5 seconds is the part where the robot is flying.)

• If Mei is stunned in the first 0.5 seconds of the cast animation should the projectile not disappear:

Stunned before 0.5 sec (~30 ms)

• If Mei is stunned after the first 0.5 seconds of the cast animation should the projectile not disappear:

Stunned after 0.5 sec (~30 ms)

• But thanks to Latency is this not always true to 0.5 seconds:

https://streamable.com/157vf

In Tracer’s case can you also see a “Stuck” message appear when you threw it on an enemy before it disappear.

Is it fixable?It's not a bug. It's latency.

I don’t think disappearing projectile ultimates can be fixed unless the rules of cast ultimates (or at least projectile ultimates) are changed, just like with Transformation ultimates.

Video Proof:

6. You can’t emote if you use your ultimate unless you have put an emote that doesn’t use the robot at the top of the emote wheel.

This is a weird one. You can’t emote when your ultimate is active. This makes sense because the robot is activated. But if you have an emote that doesn’t involve the robot at the top of the emote wheel can you use all the emotes during the ultimate, even the ones that involves the robot.

BM bug

7. [PTR bug] Mei’s ultimate can freeze through the tortoise on the new Busan map.

If you throw it in front of the tortoise will enemies behind it not get frozen. This makes sense because the LoS of it is broken. But if you throw it under it’s belly can it freeze enemies behind it.

Freezing through turtle

(I already posted this in the bug report of PTR, but I thought I should post here as well.)

Are there any bugs I’m forgetting and should be adding in this list?

Please take a look at some of these bugs/issues Blizzard. Especially the disappearing ultimate and cancellable Cryo-Freeze please.

8 Likes

Wrong category Mate .

These bugs has been posted months ago in the bug report subforum (with the exception of the last one of course).

Maybe posting it in the General Discussion can help.

2 Likes

Ah I see

20 characters

I’m glad to see this thread made! :blush: :snowflake:

4 Likes

As a fellow Mei main do I just want her bugs fixed. Especially the older bugs.

(I love your username btw. )

2 Likes

The cryo bug is long overdue for a fix.

1 Like

They also need to fix her ults horrible LoS checks and how it gets blocked by the dumbest of map details.

Indeed.

I’m curious, does other invulnerability abilities in the game like Reaper’s Wraith Form and Moira’s fade has the same problem?

Emote bug is indeed interesting one. How do these even happen?

Edit: That was silly question. I should know better.

1 Like

Good luck getting any fixes. After two years they still never fixed Symmetras primary interaction with friendly Mei ice walls. They are so incompetent at programming they instead after a year and a half just nerfed Symmetras gun instead which stayed till their terrible second Symmetra rework filled with poorly balanced abilities. Largely lacking what was even promised! So don’t expect much for Mei when they can’t even get the basics and their promises fulfilled correctly.

1 Like

I confirm some weeks ago i did some tests with Bloggerman and i clearly seen the particles going throught walls.
BTW i still don’t accept gamr brraking bugs/issuea like the cryofreeze, the wall and blizzard ones are still in game from a lot of time, Mei could be better and more reliable (without being OP) if those bugs get fixed

It’s almost 2 years Mei has unfixed bugs, i wonder what devs are thinking about

I’ve seen it’s possible to invite devs to a thread. I would like to try it, but at the same time i fear to get the thread locked or get a suspension

Bump. Can we at least get some kind of acknowledgement / level of priority from the devs on these bugs? It’s quite disappointing that literally every part of Mei’s kit has long standing un-addressed bugs with no word from the devs.

1 Like

A bug concerning placing walls under yourself. I get this often, basically it teleports Mei somewhere in the map for a split second, then she’s back on top of the wall.

1 Like

This thread needs more attention. I’ve lost so many games entirely due to these bugs.

btw, here’s another one to add to the list:
Enemy character models sometimes freeze mid-air and detatch from their hitbox if they’re spamming jump.
This means that if you shoot their head, it will pass straight through them, because their hitbox has landed on the floor, but the visual representation for their character is still slightly airborne. Their head is actually around where their chest is.

4 Likes