LORE TEASER: Alyssa Wong potentially writing more Shimada story

Sounds a lot like it would fit the Shimada family and after she just got hired, I can see that’s what she’s writing. Furthermore, she basically confirmed it by answering a comment below.

https://twitter.com/crashwong/status/1024532223649882113

So… what do you think if this is coming? I hope it’s more than 10 pages, that’s for damn sure.

6 Likes

All I want to know is: does Hanzo like bbq chicken pizza or does he enjoy the good ol’ pepperoni pizza.

And; I don’t doubt there’s more hidden lore about the Shimada clan, but I hope it isn’t something generic like a long lost sibling of the sorts. That’s very cliché.

25 Likes

As long as he likes pineapple on pizza I’m happy :pineapple: :pizza:

9 Likes

Throw lore development on the most developed hero in the game sounds something Blizzard would do.

45 Likes

Mama Hong origin story.

17 Likes

Genji’s their baby.
GIVE US PHARAH LORE

4 Likes

I’d like to see more of the backstory of Genji and Hanzo, their early days.

Also interactions between talon and the shimadas, and how Sojiro died.

3 Likes

Canonically, liking pineapple on pizza is the only common trait amongst all the heroes.

13 Likes

Good.

I hope the story is interesting. A comic where our noodle dorks reunite and pull off a heist? Sounds fun.

5 Likes

Does this mean more lore is coming

Was thinking it’d be the time when blackwatch brings down the Shimada criminal empire, but I like that idea too

1 Like

Pharah’s personality is as exciting as a slice of bread, unfortunately.

Better focus on Zenyatta and to extend, the Omnics’ origins as a whole.

2 Likes

:pray:t4:

1 Like

Great. The two characters I care least about.

12 Likes

Hmm, could be mchanzo lore, as she has been known for sometimes writing queer love stories XD.

6 Likes

I imagine it might focus on Genji and Hanzo’s falling out that led to the latter “killing” the former on the orders of the Shimada elders, and Genji being rescued by Overwatch.

On one hand, great more lore. On the other, boo more past stuff and nothing progressing the story forward that’s been stalled since 2016. I hope this is just the first of more to come, though.

7 Likes

You guys are so focused on “asian family drama” and “murder plot” you missed that it has a heist involved.

As a lover of heist stories, Im in.
(its prob Genji’s rescue)
(ill also predict that Genji was an informant for blackwatch even before being a cyborg, hence the rescue)

3 Likes

What about that OWL spray from earlier where we saw Hanzo/Zarya/Sombra/McCree together? Are they like the crime investigation group?

7 Likes

Boy, I wish. That sounds weird but fun.

they’ve already have too much compared to some, ugh. Two most hated characters by everyone who doesn’t main them

8 Likes