LORE TEASER: Alyssa Wong potentially writing more Shimada story

You guys are so focused on “asian family drama” and “murder plot” you missed that it has a heist involved.
As a lover of heist stories, Im in.
(its prob Genji’s rescue)
(ill also predict that Genji was an informant for blackwatch even before being a cyborg, hence the rescue)

Sounds good. I don’t think they could cover it in 10 pages though so hopefully we get more than that.

1 Like

just to remind everyone that mei, d.va, symmetra, zenyatta are all asian, too. i can totally see it involving d.va in some k-drama-esque thing.

3 Likes

If it’s about Hanzo and Genji I don’t care what the plot is about. I’m not interested in stories about them.

1 Like

You know that’s basically a crime right :angry:

But neither of them tie into what she’s describing.

While there is enough story to tell about the shimadas it would be kinda nice if other characters could get some lore at all.

Edit: Nevermind it is Blizzard and the writers are Gengu fans of doom so nobody will ever get story again lol.

5 Likes

Have you seen the new Busan Lucioball map? Maybe we might get something Dva related.

Havent seen it yet would be nice to get some lore for her and Lucio.

Also, I should mention that Nesskain has officially joined the Overwatch team as an artist. He was formerly a freelancer who contributed designs (some comics and the lore event arts) before joining the team full-fledged.

What is this all leading to…?

Boring. Give us more, stop shimadas =_=

I’m kinda surprised by these responses that they don’t want Shimada lore. I thought people wanted substantial lore regularly as opposed to breadcrumbs being handed out once every 5+ months. This is a definite start, and I’m sure it’s the first of more to come.

We still have so much to explore that we haven’t scratched the surface yet, and now I get the sense Blizzard is finally planning to deliver.

5 Likes

More lore in general is great.

Shimada lore in particular is not good, because they already have a lot of lore compared to other characters, and it’s yet another “fill in the background/side plots” rather than the main story arc of Overwatch which hasn’t moved forward at all since Winston sent out the recall.

4 Likes

I want their father to be a hardmore Samurai Tank that uses a Naginata. But he doesn’t swing, he does like flicks and stabs… depending on left and right click, and his ultimate would be a ONE HIT SWING that has a purple dragon that would sweep away any enemies in his path. I do not thin he would have a shield… It is probably he would be better off being a DPS… but yeah.
He could also have an ability where he windmills his Naginata and it blocks incoming damage… not a reflect like Genji, but it would be a good connection between them.

Thing is though, as much as I agree that they need to press forward, I have a better feeling that they’re going to do that soon. When you hire an award-winning writer and an acclaimed artist who’s worked with you in the past full-time, you know something is about to happen.

Kaplan stated they have every intention of moving forward, but they want the audience to actually know the characters and events of the past. The main issue with that is the simple fact that the lore was moving at a tectonic speed, which wasn’t exactly inspiring.

But now I feel like things will be looking up, that they’ll finally start moving lore along regularly and give us the story we deserve and they promised.

I’m going to guess that Alyssa Wong and Nesskain will be the creative team when writing comics and stuff going forward, considering the former was specifically hired to expand the universe and the latter has made many pieces of Overwatch art in a comic style, official or otherwise.

So yeah, maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is approaching us.

2 Likes

To hate pineapple on pizza? I agree, you should all be banned from eating it ever again.

Although, that pea/mayo pizza - those that like that, well the forum rules wouldnt let me express myself on that haha

No, pineapple on pizza is basically a crime.

I forgot my sarcasm face :smirk:

Pineapple on pizza is great. Heathens.

Basically Rip D.VA lore, even junker queen has more lore than D.VA

6 Likes

Why say that? I’m sure we’ll get to D.Va sooner or later.

Does hanzo like pineapple on pizza? if he does he is dead for me