Is this game dying?

It was their misprioritization in funding and spending.

They recently sent out a survey to select accounts.

Devs think competitive is fine, when it’s not. I think the sr system knows where you should be, but it’s too casual, it’s messy, there’s no coordination. It doesn’t know your preferred heroes/roles. It’s a disgusting experience that will raise your stress.

The new hero additions created frustration within the community, adding what people would describe as “un-fun” heroes and mechanics such as Doomfist and more CC.

For too long they let unbalanced heroes go uncontested, you have to wait several months for a patch fix. And then they over nerf the hero so heroes become unviable. It has been the same 6-7 heroes being played the most since launch, kinda makes you think. The reworks they’ve done so far have been questionable.

There is nothing NEW. Nothing worth bringing old players back. Most new players come to this game because of friends, but friends aren’t recommending this game and anymore.

A new map is not new content to intrigue new players or attract old players to return, because the game has not fundamentally changed, it’s the same game on a new map.

There needs to be entirely new game modes, I believe they’re working on this, however I fear the time to get there is too long and by that time more people will have lost interest. It needs to be an amazing game mode.

The devs admittedly now say they’ve changed their perspective on heroes and are shifting away from CC and ult to win mechanics and have been talking about future hero additions having ults similar to tracer.

All the top/pro players I mean I see the appeal of being in a “team” and joining a tournament. It’s more about them trying to make a job of a game really and earn a status or money. Even they get sick or frustrated with this game, a lot of them just won’t admit it because it hurts their chances with the devs.

1 Like

They should’ve put a global survey and put it on battle.net launcher, only selected accounts will make the survey skewed.

2 Likes

yup they stopped publicity and advertising

bad balancing makes players leave

new players go for fortnite or other more popular stuff

brigitte made ppl leave

lack of events make ppl leave

buffing noob stompers like reaper makes new players leave.

destroying doomfist and brig made ppl leave.

mercy mains left. and other X characters mains

lack of gamemods, pve etc makes ppl leave.

lack of new lore

forced sexuality reveals made ppl leave.

toxity makes ppl leave

overwatch leave made some stay… but many dont care and left also because of it. ikr?

updates take forever . oh we do this on ptr. now wait 2 weeks or more

recycled game mods…

silence. no “hey . players we are working on this, hope you are hyped”

cc made ppl leave…

one shots made ppl leave

boring meta…

1 Like

Also, I see all these brand collaborations. Lego, nerf guns, pringles, cereal brand etc… It’s kind of like ummmm ok… could you maybe look at your game before all of this? Kind of bad business practice.

Ignoring mercy made a good chunk of mercy players leave…

Please go on, just another rambling from me :laughing:

Man the game sure dies a lot

Died long time ago with the Mercy fiasco and the introduction of Brigitte.

But Actiblizzard refuses to accept the guilt and they keep going totally unworried about everything. Since they already "sold 40 millions of accounts " they don’t need to attract more players, they have the money and have no interest on improving the current game.

Smart people moved away from this dead game seasons ago and until now Blizzard proved all my points releasing the same events, and barely any updates every 2-3 months.

1 Like

It’s been dying for a long time now as it has reached it’s peak already… but yeah… right now the game seems to be taking a free-fall as a lot of people are fed up with the quality of the time you spend ingame due to poor matches, poor Balance, Smurfs, Bad Teamcomps, Toxicity, etc.
And to top it all off… we get that horrible eSport league shoved in our face like “Hey, look at all the things we can do with all the resources we’re siphoning off the game YOU want to PLAY, so you can WATCH a tiny group of people play it!”

1 Like

no problem, updated the post :slight_smile:

Yah i think so. Its not that the majority is being dramatic and saying “I quit” but simply people get bored and not playing (In my experience along with some of my friends).

1 Like

As with any game thats 3+yrs old, it eother needs massively new content & changes or its going to trickle down due to new games coming out.
Nothing lasts forever

1 Like

Yes, slowly though.

Certainly shouldn’t be dying as quickly as it is right now considering other games thrive for much longer.

1 Like

They are somewhat right though in my opinion.
Games like this need constant support and OW kinda failed in that regard.
It could’ve been the “fps of mobas” but i fear that there are too few updates (heroes for the most part)

1 Like

Poor choices all around are killing this game.

But it’s not dead, and still enjoyable

1 Like

People have been claiming that the game is dying since it got released. Don’t pay attention to what these forums say, they are for people who complain or want to sh*t on the game for some reason. The game has millions of players, very few games can claim that today, and the only thing that can create low spikes of population is the release of new games, which is happening right now, but those players come back eventually.

LFG was implemented poorly. And realistically isn’t a group builder, more of a group filler in most cases.

Less about game death and more about improper design.

And comments here, and comments online, yadda yadda yadda.

Want a video about game death? Check out anything on Law Breakers or Battleborn.

Twitch views =/= player count.

On that note, I think it’s also important to wait to see how OWL performs as well. Drawing in numbers of 80k+ on average isn’t a small feat.

That being said, playing the game and watching the game are two very distinctly different means of enjoying it. Personally I think a game like Overwatch is more fun to play than watch, I have no means of backing this claim up as player numbers are a a guarded secret, but I’m under the assumption that daily player count is many many times the daily viewer count.

Players definitely do, an active reddit community, forum community show that the game has fans.

But the game has issues, major ones, that the Devs just can’t seem to fix, or even flat out ignore.

Blizzard needs a bigger team to tackle this, but unfortunately as with most studios in the industry, even with profit margins through the roof, publishers refuse to greenlight anything that would make the studios better.

This is a Blizzard/Activision problem (and by extension EA, Sony, and Microsoft as it’s not an exclusive practice). Until they fix it, you’ll continue to see a decline. Games die off slowly, that’s just a fact.

1 Like

This game is well past its prime.

The gameplay isn’t deep or nuanced enough to maintain players for years on end.

Couple that with slow balance, bad balancing and a lack of content and well…

2 Likes

They deserve a dead game. Nothing against the individual members of the development team, but Activision Blizzard as a whole has so completely mismanaged the IP that it should continue to fail.

2 Likes

bored to wait for stuff that should have since launch + taking forever to fix issues.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use the word dying, butttt… it is definitely past its peak and going downhill ever since

2 Likes