I hate seeing the game die

Every time I go online, there are more people complaining and less people playing.

Brutally slow patches are killing the game. Terrible balance choices are sucking the fun out of Overwatch. I am even spending less time playing.

The game needs better balancing and more heroes and maps. 3 heroes a year is not enough. Im sorry. Not in a game like this.

3 heroes a year might work if you balance heroes to counter other heroes but its just not happening. The balance is just getting worse.

Mercy was gutted and then forgotten just like Hog and Bastion. And we are only just now working on getting Scatter removed… 2 years into the game?

Please. Stop the events. Stop the cosmetics. Stop worrying about OWL.

Balance the game and work on QoL and matchmaking issues.

Also things like:

14 Likes

People have been saying the game was dying after one week.

Overwatch isn’t going anywhere. People might lose interest but interests come and go. The game still has a steady player base and plenty of additional media.

Overwatch isn’t dead, it isn’t dying, and I’m sure I’ll be saying this again next week.

20 Likes

game still patches faster and more frequent than some other games i have played

There is a point when a game stops thriving and sometimes never thrives again. People want Overwatch to thrive, not just survive. In Overwatch’s case, there is “no such thing” as a non-thriving Overwatch. This game will not work well in mediocrity and will likely “vanish” if it enters that state.

5 Likes

I agree, but to claim this game is on its way to the grave when it’s actively pumping out content, OWL, and unique heroes multiple times a year is just silly. This game isn’t being run by five hundred developers. To expect a handful of people to provide minute-to-minute, well educated, well rounded, on the dot and flawless fixes, on top of brand-spanking new, fun, well made, unique, bugless, exciting content every two weeks is just plain unrealistic.

Video games are hardly easy to create, let alone upkeep. OP may have some points, but this game is far from dead, dying, or “surviving.”

2 Likes

The funny thing about people that say the game is dying.

They never have stats to back it up.

They don’t know. They just assume. “Oh, my games are long, must be game dying!”

So, unless you have some stats, I’d like you to refrain presenting your argument as fact and put it more down as opinion.

2 Likes

Please enlighten us on how many people are currently playing.

1 Like

People don’t stop playing to complain on message boards unless they’re tilted. Everyone who is actually playing and enjoying the game isn’t going to post about it.

No one knows. Because Blizzard doesn’t release the stats. OP assumed it’s dying, but they don’t have a clue. My games load quickly. Never longer then a minute unless I’m playing super early in the morning.

So, enlighten us how it’s dying.

EXACTLY

This is all just wild speculation. All we have is the number of our friends who still play.

I still fail to see the point. OP said it’s dying. Maybe his friends got bored. Maybe they only see the negative comments. Which my original still stands. If you’re judging how active a game is from how many friends you have playing, that’s a fiscal and wrong measure. Especially if it’s on console.

The point is, if everyone of your friends quit long ago, it can easily cause one to feel the game is dying. This is a feeling thing as Blizzard does not release numbers. If they do then we would be able to have a more accurate history of player numbers and would have to rely less on friend list speculation.

If enough people feel like the game is dying, the would jump ship and then the game would actually die. It is a very real fear people have.

Then people need to re-evaluate their fears. I’ll fear the game is dying when it takes me 5 minutes to join a match during peak times. When you don’t see every seat full at the OWL. When the forums are all but silent.

Until then, people can just, honestly, get over it. People play different games. Like I said, especially console. Console users are extremely fickle about what games that they are playing. But OW isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Funny how they would say these exact same arguments for WoW and it’s been going on forever.

2 Likes

I thought there was a large amount developers working on Overwatch. “Everything” screams, “massive investment” with this game. Despite this, are they still providing low developer support for Overwatch?

Hey dudes, I enjoy these nice meme.

Top 13th biggest reddit. Game isn’t dying.

1 Like

Really getting sick of all the sugarcoating. Come on now. Game’not getting any better. Thr flood of timr lock content and actual good skins ate being further buried under unwanted content.

The forum damage control. The typical act of hiding player numbers and activity heavily. Which is a sign usually from this company when one of their games isn’t doing good.

Case in point WOW has been on a steady snail pace decline since Wrath of the Lich King. Yet they drew in so many players and it had so many hools that they could continue running it for years to come.

Diablo 3 , Heros of the Storm, Heartstone, Starcraft all of these games never come into a real life conversation. Usually the response I get is a grunt then we just discuss how old the game is and how it could have been better or improved.

Now Overwatch is a different story. I get ridiculed for claiming I’m a fan of Overwatch. People laugh and yell something toxic as a reply. Now that is bad.

Saying this game is fine will not make it better. If you wanna sit there in the same manners the devs do mindlessly playing a game that is growing ever more frustrating in its experience then be my guess.

But we warned you. While it isn’t dying or will die any time soon the fact remains.

Thus game is in decline and not getting any better.

3 Likes

Man, There’s only one thing I can think of when I read your comment:

"One thing.

I don’t know why, it doesn’t even matter how hard you try."

Statistics to back up your claim the game is ‘dying?’

This is fairly typical forum ‘hysteria’, and is not proven far as I know. Perception is indeed powerful, though, and “more people complaining” sounds like a sentence from someone who has a short history with online discussion.

I would love to see patches more often. There are times when it feels extremely stagnant, but I don’t think that applies to OW recently.

Depends which side of the fence you are on. There are those who love the change, and those who hate them; again, forum hysteria can have you believe either or.

That’s natural. Games are seen more as social tools than ever before, but at the end of the day, they are games. Just because it’s popular does not mean you need to play it the same amount all the time. There is no quota to fill.

The balancing comment is insubstantial, but I agree with the rest entirely.

As I said earlier, these changes are bad for some, and good for others. You won’t find many people on this forum who’d disagree on some of this, but I’m not seeing a constructive point here outside “I disagree with some balancing changes that happened.” … which is a completely normal opinion.

I want more maps and heroes too, but I think you’re being selfish and unreasonable here. You don’t need to stop all this for:

I want a guild/clan system myself, but taking away from the regular events or partly abandoning OWL will not help there. Again, though…the comment on balance is an enormous discussion that your post isn’t actually helping with.

Then keep supporting the idea. If it doesn’t happen, then so be it.

My suggestions and ideas have been ignored on Blizzard forums for over a decade, yet I still post them. They have no obligation to listen or pander to me for any reason outside their production pipeline, and the idea itself.

My point? Saying:

I HATE SEEING THE GAME DIE

When perception is the key element means dismissing a lot of reality.

So long as you can queue and get into a game in a reasonable time, the game is not dying…but that’s just my opinion.

Sorry for the wall.