First look at the player-versus-player changes coming to Overwatch 2

To make it fair all heroes would have the same length and same amount of pull with their tethers

But the more team mates pulling, the faster it goes, at the cost of having everyone grouped up and easy to kill/nobody flanking or flying etc

That kinda just sounds like capture the flag lol. I personally hate CTF but I know some like it

It is like CTF in a way, except there’s only one objective to grab in the middle of the map and you gotta take it to the enemy’s side. It’s more like the Assault game mode from Halo!

For what it’s worth though, in Splatoon the objective you gotta grab is a dangerous weapon in itself, so that keeps it interesting for the objective mule lol

1 Like

I cannot wait for the new game audio. Maybe the ‘play by sound’ talk of yore will finally come to be.

…so if it was 9 new heroes with 3 new modes and 10 new maps it would only be worth, at most, 20 bucks?.. okay

I say its more like uh…Reigicide in Halo, where a player is the objective, imo anyway

Thats what shooters do, people here need to realize that

CoD, destiny, halo, gotw, titanfall… all of of these shooters release sequels with similar features to ow2

overwatch will have more new things than some of those games when they put out new releases

1 Like

Sounds like you have low expectations, you need to aim high in life.

I trust the devs will release twice what I have said as well as a deep PvE experience.

100% Likely that will be at the end of the year…

Though it should have been now…

But how they are currently proceeding makes me face palm.

No point of playing OW1 anymore

I feel like they are trying to actively kill reasons to play Overwatch 1 right now. There is all the big stuff, but even the little stuff like gold guns and returning skins just send the message of, “just come back when we are finished with Overwatch 2.”

5 Likes

For while at least, but if they screw solo tanking up we are in a similar situation than now relatively soon.

Yeah I even stopped doing event challenges because 1. And 2. They are longer and harder to do for a casual like me 3. There is no real pay off.

1 Like

hey blizzard i just want you to know that you should be ashamed about all of your games and how you treat them and how you have no discourse with your community. have a good one

You… are aware that Blizzard has been making tanks significantly less good at surviving and defending their teammates for a very long time now right? I mean… release DVa used to have 400 armor and 4 seconds worth of Defense Matrix. She got reworked to have half that amount of armor. Reworked to have half that amount of DM. Changed DM’s cool down to make DM significantly less flexible. Further nerfed by the global armor nerf during Goats Era. That one was the last straw for me personally. I gave up tanking forever and never looked back. They didn’t stop there though either, because they also reduced DM’s range from 15 to 10 meters.

I would suspect the main reason for Tanks being the massive bottle neck to 2-2-2 is all of the terrible Tank changes that came well before this point. Whether they were nerfs to deal with Ana’s triple tank, nerfs to deal with Goats, or nerfs to deal with Double shield, tanks have been getting slowly butchered for nearly the entire history of this game.

It shouldn’t surprise anyone that most of the people who wanted to protect their team have quit Overwatch.

3 Likes

I’ve probably spent about 500 hours on this whole “How do fix Tanks to deal with queue times” issue over the past 2 years.

So you could say I’m aware.

Then it should be obvious that removing the things that provided different engagement and power fantasies from Support or DPS is not the way to go. After all, no amount of changes is going to make Reinhardt appealing for people who just want to shoot people in the face.

3 Likes

I mean, Brig and Mei are some of the least played and most unpopular heroes in the game, and Bap would never suffer from removing some elements of his equipment because he’s practically a DPS and he has a pretty “overloaded set of equipment”.

But yeah, 1-2-2 was another option.

This is from February 2020:

Main Tanks are about to become like all the Support Sym mains and Group Rez Mercys…

And your point?

Just because they are not overly popular does not mean the Developers should be able to either directly or indirectly delete them from the game without lots of backlash.

It really doesn’t help anything that the Devs keep hard nerfing those two any time they become even remotely good. Why would anyone bother learning and investing time into heroes that they know will get butchered again if they become good?

How exactly was this about Baptiste?

I’m not saying 1-2-2 is not an option. Clearly it is because that’s where the Devs are going. It is however the worst possible option on the table. What the Devs needed to do was threefold.

1. Rework maps so less of them require standing out in the open for excessive periods of time.
  2. Rework objectives so that not every single 6v6 comp map revolved around standing on a particular patch of ground.
  3. Add in many many many more recovery based abilities so players have options besides “Never Die” and “Insta Kill the opposition” in high level play.

Seriously… they set up the objectives and maps in such a way that tanks are 100% NECESSARY then get super surprised when things like Goats or Double Shield happens and go on a nerfing spree.

2 Likes

Main Tank mains? What about us Off-Tank mains? We’re about to lose our MT buddies we play alongside and be forced into 100% Solo Main Tanking. Even if Blizzard chooses to rename tanks as “brawlers,” the true OT experience will not be the same at all.

I’ve long been a D.Va and Mercy main since 2016. I’ve experienced the anguish of their reworks and dealt firsthand with the juvenile sneering and “don’t care” attitude of this community for daring to continue playing and voicing my complaints of the injustices done to those heroes. I certainly don’t want to have my favorite heroes’ identities erased yet again, nor do I want to have to “deal with” relearning them, all while yearning to play what can never be again for years thereafter.

I am so thankful I decided from the beginning not to bother maining Symmetra for all of her massive reworks she faced, nor have been a Bastion main for how he’s been left in the trash throughout his entire existence, nor even a Brig main with her constant nerfing and the endless hate she continues to receive even to this very day. Otherwise, I for sure would have quit long ago.

1 Like

What makes you say that? We’re losing 2CP and a tank slot.