Experimental Mode – Quality of Life November 2020

If Bap/Brig is a good option, that enables Double Shield. Then nobody is having fun.

Y’all ready to rework brig yet? It’s obvious y’all can’t figure out what to do with her despite us all telling you her having three repair packs is the problem

3 Likes

Now the QoL is being considered it reminds me of something I’ve always wanted for Brig that’s very similar to Ana’s nade change, which is a way to prioritize the person in dire need so that your healing pack doesn’t get blocked by Reinhardt or Hog who might be missing minor HP but keep gettin in the way of. Of course I would prefer this to be an optional option in case somebody doesn’t want this mechanic but it’s something I’ve always wanted and affects some of my games especially in narrow places like stairwells. At a distance it’s sometimes frustrating using all three packs trying to heal the one squishy because my tanks dance around (not purposely) and catch lock on of some or all of them.

Where is the Soldier reload while running quality of life change that has been LONG time coming for years?!?!?!?!

Gotta admit, I feel like making Pharah accelerate downwards a bit quicker would be fine, and having Hanzo cancel his storm arrow with sonar or hitting the ability again would be a nice toggle

Revert uppercut. (20 chars)

oh my god please someone listen to this change please…

I’m actually wondering if they will get any data on the Brigitte change during the Experimental card. I doubt anyone will play her on the card. We already know how she performs with 150 hp. Not well at all outside of GM.

3 Likes

Yup, which is why you should just accept that fact, leave like I did, and play a game like Paladins where tanks and supports are allowed to have fun

2 Likes

Could you please not kill Brig? Not like we had a 20 healers pool or something.

2 Likes

This is honestly why I just use “Group Up” instead of trying to say, “come to me”. It’s hard to get that line to work consistently and when you say, “I need healing,” on accident, it makes the other support look to you and pulls their attention from the rest of the team, potentially cause a negative domino effect.

If I need healing, I’ll hit X. If I’m not close enough or out of LoS, I’ll use Group Up.

They should probably just add it as an entire different line, like the new ones they’ve added and you can bind it.

If they can’t be good, because “nobody would have fun”, where is the point in having these characters in the game? Delete them, and let Master/Grand Master have their fun. All 90% of the player base not in those ranks, just go play another game. This one is only for TOP players.

The balance only matters for those top players. Anyone in Diamond and below has other things holding them back. The balance doesn’t affect them because they’re not good enough yet.

Better yet, just remove that voice line from Genji. Problem solved.

Following some reported issues with Pharah’s Experimental update, we have removed the ability for players to crouch mid-air to accelerate downward. This is something we may test again in the future, but will need to implement some fixes before it’s ready again.

9 Likes

Can we at least have the numbers for this so I can just, like, code it myself in the Workshop?

'Was really looking forward to trying this one out.

:joy: :joy: :joy: wow something new :joy: :joy: :joy:

I only accept this change if she does the superhero landing (like in the highlight intro) when she gets to the ground.

1 Like

Y’all should use this as an opportunity to reimplement it as an alternate cooldown (similar to Hanzo’s leap) that gives her a jump-jets-like impulse downward instead of using her fuel.

In practice, it only felt substantial if you used it to negate some of the upward momentum of jump jets to control that height or quickly bounce back down from the apex. Once you were in normal hover flight, it wasn’t a massive difference; and definitely not enough to justify using her already limited fuel (since the last change to her flight)

Please don’t go through with the brig changes she’s good where she is right now, 225 hp gives her that extra bit she needed to continue being a brawl support while not being able to 1v1 dps, if it’s taken away and nothing else is done to compensate she’ll just be garbage again

6 Likes