Experimental Mode – Quality of Life November 2020

Tank mains please rise up for the anthem of main tanks somewhat being playable

Nerfing Brig so quick, honestly just shaking my head. Samito and the delete Brig crew must be so happy bout this, with Moira getting a tiny buff, I guess we know Samito’s next support nerf target of choice.

8 Likes

Please please please do NOT nerf Brig! She is unplayable with 200 health!

6 Likes

Positives: Quality life changes seem good. I enjoy the changes to Torbjorn, Mei, Hanzo, Pharah, and Symmetra a lot. Simple, yet satisfying. Please allow Symmetra to cancel her own Teleporter at a reduced cooldown, similar to Torbjorn. Also, can you please give Echo some love similar to the Pharah crouch changes?

Neutral: Moira’s resource change I’m a bit on the fence about. Proper management of resource is part of the skill component to Moira, but I’m open to this change going live. Ana’s change is okay. I can see some people who might want to pre-nade a full HP target, but it was also really annoying when a full health teammate launched themselves in front of you suddenly when you’re trying to nade a teammate or enemy at longer range.

Negatives: I don’t understand why you constantly are changing Brigitte and cater to the constant whining about her. Please stop changing Brigitte so often, give people time to get used to the changes. I really dislike having to re-learn my main heroes every few weeks. It is the same thing with Orisa. People don’t like playing certain heroes complain the most about them whether or not they are meta. The Brigitte complainers have not stopped since she was released. Either re-work her entirely at this point or leave her alone for awhile. I’m not sure what end goal you have for Brigitte. What direction is this hero going in and where do devlopers want her to fit into Overwatch?

5 Likes

She’s not broken, no.
But she’s strong enough and her niche due to her rework fits very well into the META that is Bunker / Double Shield 2.0.

Buffing her weakness (fragility) to be less of an impact rather than buffing her kit (to increase her impact) means she’s able to be used in more compositions.

That’s why Brig sees so much play now.

I’m honestly tired of playing how GM determines the game is supposed to be played. Can they have their own set of nerfs?

5 Likes

We’re not having that problem at the rest of the ranks, nerf GM, not the entire player base, brig’s pick rate is already low, and I’m a brig main.

1 Like

But then how do you solve Diamonds (specifically Tanks as there’s not enough Tanks) in GM games?

How do you solve Masters (Tanks / Supports) in T500 games?

You can’t just balance for GM as there’s too few of us for the matchmaker to work consistently.

What about someone who climbs from Gold to GM? Now their hero doesn’t work? That’s a terrible system.

1 Like

I like the QoL changes for Hanzo, Ana, Mei, Symmetra & Torbjorn. Pharah’s hover jet change sounds interesting and Moira’s small buff will make her better. I don’t like Brigitte’s health nerf, though. She was already doing very poorly at 200 hp, she’s slightly better with 25 more health. How’s Brigitte supposed to get close to anyone without dying quickly? She needs the health to be good.

6 Likes

You just have to rework Brigitte at this point. This nerf proves you will not ever allow her to be good in this form.

6 Likes

I don’t like the Brigg nerf. Buff Widow back while you’re at it.

2 Likes

So, you’re still not nerfing the part of Brigette that the dev team admitted was the problem. Instead, you’re nerfing other parts of her kit again, because the last time she was unusable in that state you didn’t learn your lesson?

Precisely what is the point in having the balance team admit they recognize problems in heroes, if you will literally do anything else except address those problems? If your brakes are failing in your cars, do you replace the tires and windshield? Because given these balancing directions, I kinda get the feeling that you do.

And what is with this trend of doing this with so many heroes in the roster? Why does the balance team dance around the core problems of a hero and nerf everything else in an effort to completely dumpster the hero, rather than strike at the central problem? Why do we have to witness you guys going through this song and dance yet again? Do you guys learn nothing from the prior attempts and catastrophic fails this technique has yielded so far?

10 Likes

Why am I getting a farting Pharah image in my head?

Am I like the only who would get some damage buff as compensation? :eyes:
The best(and most fun) defense is offence!

Finally dear Moira gets a buff, even only slight!

1 Like

While release Brig was way over-tuned, she at least had a solid identity as a short range secondary healer focusing on low healing, high peel and having one ability to heal a single target out of her Inspire range.

Blizz giving her three charges of RP, then saying that by adding to the most niche aspect of her kit that she no longer needs to be a frontline healer is ridiculous, and always has been.

You’ve got such a large amount of Brig players begging to either nerf RP into the ground or scrap it completely as it’s the most boring aspect of her kit, if it means buffing her in other ways, yet they only changed it once.
A melee character who’s optimal playstyle is to hide in the back until you can land a Whip Shot to proc Inspire is not a paladin or a squire. It’s a confused mess.

9 Likes

That 25 hp saved me a bunch of times already. It was a critical amount of HP. Often it was the difference between multiple players getting healed for the next 30 seconds or not.

1 Like

ive been asking this for how long again?

One cannot deny the overwhelming number of posts on this thread alone about people being unhappy with the Brig HP nerf.

Please listen to us. :broken_heart: A huge number of us, both Brig players and non-Brig players alike, can agree wholeheartedly on doing something about Repair Pack instead. As it is now, it seems to be at odds with her entire concept. Can’t we please try experimenting with changing that instead?

Really, you’ve been doing so well lately with balance changes. I feel like reception to the last few experimentals has been really nice, and the overall mood was starting to improve over time. This card has neat, lovely changes all around, too–with the exception of the Brig nerf. Other than that, there seems to be little to no complaints or concerns right now. Thank you

7 Likes

Those QoL are welcomed. I think pharah and brigitte are correct ones, ana can be a bit tricky one.

About Pharah, it’s cool that she has something like that. Mercy, Echo, Lucio and Baptiste could use some those mechannics too. Can make certain moves more interesting.

About Brigitte, I think her life as 150 and her armor as 50. It’s a good thing, Overwatch Contenders proved that she can perform really well. She isn’t weak, just needs changes in other parts, her health as 150hp wasn’t a issue in the first place. The increase by 25 HP affected “lethality” of alot of heroes on her it’s not the right direction to take, so the revert it’s welcomed, she needs changes in her abilities.

About ana, that can be tricky on situations where you want increase the healing output in a target that will receive damage, but can compensate against situations that your nade can’t reach the target you want. It will help more than hurt, so in the end it’s a good thing.

EDIT: Moira buffs are, also interesting. because not always she can generate much healing gauge by attacking, she still will need smart use but will not deplete too fast.