So about that Pharah buff

I didn’t try to rank shame you, in fact I have no idea what rank you are and frankly it does not matter at all to me.
I am indeed saying that players on low ranks (gold and lower) the majority do not play the game well, and if they struggle with pharmercy, we can’t do anything about it.
That nerf to mercy would completly kill her and while the 3 ga wouldn’t be as damaging I still see no point other than preventing pharmercy, and do we really want to screw mercy in all situations because of one situation, I think not.
I see you want pharah buffed one way or another, and they said something about wanting to review something before implementing some sort of buff to her idk when it will come, or what it is but it was something.
From a player with 300 hours of mercy I can’t imagine having my mobility restricted just because of a stupid interaction mercy has with pharah which isn’t even very relevant where I play. It just sounds completly crazy to me.
They are an insane tag team on lower ranks I’m sure of it but somethings we just gotta let them be, they need to be good somewhere, bastion is also op there but terrible anywhere else, just like pharmercy, diamond and above and we don’t see almost any pharmercy and nerfing mercy a very popular hero, that would affect her everywhere just because in bronze/silver she and pharah are op just doesn’t make sense to me. I’m sure it must sound a little crazy to you too right? Anyway I don’t wanna keep discussing this any longer I hope all the ideas you supposedly got from the other post were helpful to you.

It is hilarious you thought forums users could listen to others.

It’s every man forcing their philosophies down others’ faces on here

On a completely unrelated note, Mashe (mercy ashe) was intentional when Geoffe said Ashe was the plan for Nerfcy. Not any buffs or reverts, but a sniper to pocket.

I think that alone tells us Pharmercy is an intentionally strong combo that was made to synergize well.

What was the buff? And why does no one mention it?

I don’t know, and I don’t care anymore, I’m just trying to say what changes I see healthy for the game and what changes I see unhealthy for the game, I don’t really care if I change someone view or not, I’m just exhausted of seeing “Pharah is op with mercy and bad without, so let’s nerf mercy” and while obviously people can have their opinions and think whatever they want some things are just… difficult to see.

Basically mercy can only use ga one time and s he will need to touch the ground to regain that charge, he then realized it was too bad and said she has 3 guardian angel charges, and to refill them mercy has to touch the ground atleast once, the 3 charge one doesn’t sound too terrible but just… unecessary

There was some technical problems with it, so it was removed from experimental but would be put back in at a later date.

So that is what they were saying they just needed to fix some issues and then they would implement it.

Shes good in Plat gold its basically a free way out shes kinda op not my problem but i dont need me hitting two boddy shots on mecree just for her to dip to the ground like a bird. No buffs needed shes perfect

Sorry, I meant the Pharah buff. I read it just now

Yeah I guess I do want a buff for Pharah, she needs it tbh and it’s fair enough that the devs want to play it safe with the updates. I just can’t see a way to buff Pharah and not buff Pharmercy.

Sure, you might not struggle with Pharmercy at your rank, and niether do I if I pick DPS but I must remind you that Diamond and below make up over 90% of the playerbase. I’ve played lots of games in high plat where Pharmercy hard carried, both on my team and the enemies. Admittedly I have used the combo myself many times which kinda defeats the purpose but oh well…

It does sound crazy to me too and I get it, Mercy is very popular and previous updates to her kit had a similar reaction. I just can’t see any way Pharah can be good and at the same time not have Pharmercy dominate.

Maybe that just means Pharah is doomed to being a bad pick, which is a shame really. Luckily echo has sort of replaced her, even if she’s a little bit less fun to play in my opinion.

Ah sry my bad
20 char

so u want her to never die Pharah is 3 consecutive body shots for mecree.

LET ME SAY THIS.

SHE IS A HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD HERO WITH MANY COUNTERS LEAVE HER BE DPS ARE FINE

I’m not so much trying to force it down other users throats, I am open to suggestions but I just can’t see any other way.

Yeah, Pharmercy should be powerful but now the hitscans are buffed which negates it and people are complaining about that now. Feels like and endless loop to me.

To be honest her concept kinda screws her over, everyone knows that the sky is open, she is a very vulnerable target while standing out in the open, the devs knew good players wouldn’t have a problem hitting a hero that is not behind cover, and the devs also know people that aren’t that good would struggle more. The majority of hero’s/champions that fly on first person shooters are usually characters considered bad, and usually better the lower on ladder you go, this might not be pharah fault itself, this might be a full on design fault.

You do realize…

Hitscan were buffed because of double sniper, right?

Pharah had literally nothing to do with that.

(Well also technically barriers/triple tank but those were ran because of double sniper)

I am aware, but it is a funny coincidence that both snipers and hitscan are mega-powerful and yet at plat and below Pharmercy can still dominate.

This is just an idea but since we both know mobility is very important, why not buff her jetboosters, less cooldown, more height when she elevates anything? Anything that doesn’t make her cause more damage or more consistent damage keeping lower ranks in mind, just anything?

Pharmercy doesn’t ‘dominate’ because it’s powerful (and it doesn’t dominate ever lol. No pharah at the same level as the hitscan she’s up against is going to be able to play into 2 or more counters. That’s just a smurfing issue)

She ‘dominates’ because players below plat lack focus & target priority (on top of a possible lack of awareness, mechanical skill, positioning, hero interactions and map sense)

People will rage at pharah yet be shooting at Sigma’s barrier instead of looking out for Pharah.

That would definitely improve her survivability and make her much more powerful if you have the skill to move properly. The thing is then people would pick Mercy to make it even better and it’d be another problem.

In all honesty I don’t mind Pharmercy being mega-powerful if I’m the Pharah or Mercy, but man that’s not very fair to people who want to play something else.

I honestly don’t know what to do with Pharah. Her greatest strength is her greatest weakness.

What he meant originally is that pharah without mercy is bad, so he wanted to find a way to buff phara while not making pharmercy completly broken.