Sooo... did the devs just lie, ooor....?

Quite some time ago, an experimental patch came out where pharah was given the ability to jet downwards. This addition to her kit would make her finally not feel outdated and would make her feel fluent.

Now, I know pharah buffs as of this second may not be the best topic, but this changed was pulled from the patch to quote “fix it and implement it later”.

Okay well, months later and it’s nowhere to be seen. Pharah still feels outdated and sluggish. Any input?

6 Likes

This is not the accurate quote. They might return to it if they feel she needs it. Here is the exact quote.

Given how Pharah is dominating the highest ranks and professional play in the current meta game (which is where game balance is primarily focused around), it is extremely unlikely that she will see any additional buffs any time soon.

7 Likes

are you seriously asking for pharah buffs in the current state lol?

1 Like

This still sounds like they planned on coming back to it.

No in fact if you read the post I specifically say I’m not.

The operative word in that sentence is “may”.

Meaning they MAY come back to it. Meaning they are not certain to come back to it and are putting it back in their box of toys for now and might revisit it later.

1 Like

Good designers tend to think in terms of what additions and changes would make a character better designed rather than just seeing everything as a “buff” or a “nerf”. If an additional feature such as this were added then as a designer you can always nerf other things to compensate for that. The real question is, does this change improve the heroes design? Reverent green and others are missing the point when they say a change won’t happen because she’s powerful right now and so likely won’t receive “buffs”.

What input is there to give? They’ll either do it or they won’t. It sounds to me like they ran into technical issues that they haven’t gotten around to addressing yet.

My heart bleeds for you, but you’re in the wrong place if you expect any less than 90% of the comments to be some variation of “Nuu, Pharah too strong, NO BUFFS!!!1” :yum:

Oh no I fully expect it. This happens any time I make a suggestion for a hero. For example, a few weeks ago I made a post about how widows “one shots out of nowhere” feel terrible and that she should get a sniper glint or a laser for her gun to make it clear where she’s aiming so people have more of a chance to react, and the only argument I got from people on that post was “Widows one shot isnt op get over it”. Like…yeah? Good for you i guess, that wasn’t my point nor what i was arguing.

1 Like