Experimental Mode – Quality of Life November 2020

Hey everyone!

We’re back with another Experimental mode focused on testing quality of life changes and minor balance adjustments. As with all Experimental modes, these changes are not guaranteed to reach the live version of the game.

What are we trying to address?

In recent Experimental modes, we’ve been focused on balance adjustments to address under- and over-performing heroes. We’d like to shift our focus for this Experimental mode to test out some quality of life changes. With that said, we have also built in a few minor balance adjustments for select heroes following feedback.

What are we testing?

We’re making some changes to a number of heroes to offer players more control. This includes the ability to cancel Hanzo’s Storm Arrows manually, as well as manually destroying deployables like Mei’s Ice Wall, Torbjörn’s Turret, and Symmetra’s Teleporter while dead. We’re also testing with Ana’s Biotic Grenade to allow the grenade itself to pass through allies with full health.

We’ll keep an eye on feedback to see if these quality of life changes have impacts to balance. For more direct balance adjustments, we’ll also be undoing the health buff to Brigitte from the most recent Retail patch and will be reducing the rate of decay for Moira’s healing resource, effectively giving the hero an extra second of healing at max resource.

We hope you check out the new Experimental mode and provide us with your feedback! Science will reveal the truth – And all great science requires data! As always, this is an Experiment, so the changes in this test may not reach the live game.

Thank you!

29 Likes

RIP Brig.
She still needed something. The HP just wasn’t it apparently.

47 Likes

Brig needed it, honestly. She enables too many obnoxious playstyles. Not to mention she has only 10% less health now, while having roughly 50% more self heal. They need to re-nerf her self heal if they want to give her more HP. I’m not too happy about the Moira buff, I think she should have a more rewarding skill buff, but this just makes her resource easier to manage, reinforcing the noob stigma she has.

Edit: and the Ana QoL change is nice too. How often do you really need to chuck a nade at a full health ally pre-emptively vs how often the nade just hits your lucio who just so happens to be flying right through you while you throw it?

16 Likes

Wheres the Sym golden glove experimental, we need this buff. Destroying TP while being KO is welcomed, but for Brig, you shouldve tested self heal nerf before reverting the hp buff.

11 Likes

Lucio is back!!! HORRAY!

4 Likes

I laughed at the Brig revert no lie.

Ana change is good and that was annoying. It should hit live but Ana needs a nerf to her nade.

For one, that nade should have its effects removed from a Health Pack. Please consider testing this change on your internal servers. That all I’ll say about Ana.

And thank you for the Moira change. It may seem small but that does helps her heal more even if it just 1 second difference.

9 Likes

Any plans to address the Bap amp matrix changes?? I dont think he needs them, but it would be nice to get an update as to what the thought process of the devs are. It was a promised, albeit unneeded, change that didn’t happen.

2 Likes

Nerfing Brig? Really? Because a bunch of OWL players are complaining about her for NO REASON? Double shield is not really back, and if it were it would be because of Bap buffs (and his ult cost which is still tuned to old values). And Symmetra with 60% winrate, basically unkillable BUT LET’S NERF BRIGITTE BECAUSE SAMITO IS CRYING WOLF FOR THE 418923717TH TIME

61 Likes

The Brig nerf is so, so confusing to me. She was already not doing great and worked only as a counter to specific comps with 225 total, bringing that down to 200 total is only going to harm her more.

Hell, she wouldn’t be busted at 250 total because her healing has been reduced.

As a past Brig main, just rework her if you’re going to nerf her for the 20th time or put her in a good spot because making her easier to kill isn’t exactly needed.

36 Likes

FML.
20 Characters give or take.

24 Likes

The other changes are okay, im very glad for the Pharah one for example, but why buff Ana again?

4 Likes

Pharah

Hover Jets

• Can now crouch mid-air to accelerate downwards

is there an animation for this i wonder :thinking:

2 Likes

Am i dumb? Where are the changes?

Literally every change is just too good to be true,
downwards hover jets
Anti nade goes through full health allies
Manually be able to destroy deployables

These recent changes have been fire lately

1 Like

Patch notes are in the announcement forum (:

3 Likes

Ty alot, i already found them :slight_smile:

I’m so confused at the Pharah change. I’ve been trying it out in experimental but it doesn’t seem like anything has changed at all??

Its more of a QoL buff, nothing else changes here.

2 Likes

I am sorry for sounding dumb but I do not get it if Moira changes are a nerf or a buff? What does it mean exactly?