Banned midgame, unknown reason and received no email. help!

Hope it’s fixed soon, I’m glad we at least got some clarity that it’s a bug on their end and being looked into. :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you for your response, we need it fixed soon.

1 Like

do u really play with joycons and drawing tablet and why the tablet sorry i know thats not what this post was ment to be about but i need to know also maybe they are doing a ban wave for like zims and what not and that tablet for some reason from there end would look like it was a zim

1 Like

why haven’t we received an email about our account being locked though? it’s not very fair to have people be locked for a day or more and have the support system not even respond

Thank you for writing on this thread Kalviery!

I’m in the exact same boat, got a locked account around 2 days ago without an explanation why.

I already made support tickets for this before you posted your comment unfortunately.

But you writing here will atleast put a lot of players at ease, it’s a horrible feeling to get ignored when something like this happens so thank you for taking your time and responding to this thread!

Will keep an eye out for updates here!

3 Likes

Generally, emails are sent out when there is an account penalty such as a silence or suspension. We may also send an email when your entire Battle.net account is locked.

The SMS system built into Overwatch is intended to provide you with all of the information you would need through in-game UIs when you log in. Part of the issue, as others have mentioned, is that the expected in-game notification and directions are not appearing.

We’ve seen users successfully remove and reattach their phone numbers so we know that SMS services are working, but it is not being communicated back to the separate system that holds the lock on the Overwatch account.

That is at the root of what is being investigated right now.

8 Likes

thanks for the update!

Woah, I got in finally. For anyone still trying go to your battlenet account in security and select the check box to always require authenticator for login. This is suppose to remove sms verification. The next time I logged in I got the verification sms popup. I followed the directions from the Qr code. The first attempted didn’t load but the next one let me right in!

5 Likes

Nice! I’ll try that tonight!

Hey

commenting this because I just found a solution, or at least one of them.

the issue was that this is a normal account lock, but the usual alert that would show up in game with the QR code that would prompt the SMS code being sent did not show up.

It’s possible im wrong and maybe this like just got fixed but worth to try
I was launching the game through steam, I didnt even have it installed anymore on the launcher, and through steam the verification request did not show up, but I just installed the battle net version and launched it through there, and the alert did pop up, I was able to scan the QR code, and was sent to the page to submit the SMS code, which I got sent to my phone.

people mentioned before that they tried different methods verifications, and a lot of the SMS codes did work and were being sent, so it seems that it wasnt the SMS system that was broken, but just the initial prompt to even initiate the verification with the QR code and submit code page was not showing up.

if everyone having this issue happens to be running the game through steam, try installing it on the battle.net client and launch it through there, that fixed it for me and my account is now unlocked, I just launched it through steam and it logged me in.

if people using the battle client were also having this issue then im wrong and maybe just got lucky or it was fixed by the time im writing this.

either way the problem was the verification alert not showing up, and opening the game through the battle.net client caused it to show up for me. but if this doesnt work for everyone then hopefully more solutions get found or the problem is fixed soon!

If steam was the reason this was happening, then I assume there is some kind of problem where the alert that pops up to verify a locked account, is tied to a seperate system than just the overwatch game so steam is lacking the thing that obviously is present in the battle.net client allowing the blizzard alert to pop up, makes sense since it takes you to an external website to submit the code you recieve through SMS, and not an in game verification window.

(edit: If someone is free and online, let me know if this solution works for you as well!)

3 Likes

Oh didnt even see this! looks like there are 2 solutions for this so far then.

1 Like

actually, the 1st article says to do what u did (via clicking PLAY in the BattleNet app: Blizzard Support - Overwatch 2 Account Locked), so yeah glad it worked for you, but I am using BattleNet app all this time, and I can’t even reattach my phone number back, cos I don`t get sms. I hope if I fix this this thing via support ticket then we will have all solutions for everyone

upd:
Just got through this stuff… WOW. All the solutions marked on my EU forum:

1 Like

I’ve been given an update that some work has been done to address the bug. If you still have SMS attached, please try again.

5 Likes

OMG it worked, thank you very much

2 Likes

it’s possible since players frequently request that, but i use a 1240 intuos4 tablet with opentabletdriver for smoothing, it basically emulates a mouse but weighs nothing, the joycon i use fosse’s 2018 joycon driver and x360ce to make the game think its an xbox controller input, this is all on PC not on console so i dont think it would trip any xim detection in the event they would initiate that. as for why, its something i wanted to try because i couldnt aim well on ps4 so i built a PC for overwatch back in 2019, i already had the tablet from art projects, the joycon because i couldnt figure out a good way to use any other controller 1 handed, but a joycon is made for that and has a lot of buttons.

here’s a clip if you want to see the tablet camera https://clips.twitch.tv/SteamyCarelessLegWholeWheat-DP-CwoZjxzU9EaVc

Awesome! Can’t wait to log in tonight after work!

1 Like

Battle.net app: it works now, you press play, in menu you get a popup and scan qr code, enter sms code and you are in.
It can’t be done through steam, no popup.
Finally, I swear I was about to search the seven dragon balls and summon the dragon to wish my account back. Thank you Blizzard.

2 Likes

Thanks, been waiting for days for a response :smiley:

1 Like

It worked! I finally got in.

Thanks!

open up the game and it will ask you to scan the QR code to verify your account.

1 Like

IM IN!
go to your account settings https://account.battle.net/overview
account details tab
remove phone number from account (receive 1st SMS code to verify)
add phone number back to account (receive 2nd SMS code to verify)
launch game thru the battlenet launcher application (shows account still locked)
get the QR code pop-up while launching the game, scan and go to the login / challenge page, get the 3rd SMS verification code, enter it and account is UNLOCKED

WHEW!

remember to close your support ticket if you get unlocked

5 Likes