Banned midgame, unknown reason and received no email. help!

actually, the 1st article says to do what u did (via clicking PLAY in the BattleNet app: Blizzard Support - Overwatch 2 Account Locked), so yeah glad it worked for you, but I am using BattleNet app all this time, and I can’t even reattach my phone number back, cos I don`t get sms. I hope if I fix this this thing via support ticket then we will have all solutions for everyone

upd:
Just got through this stuff… WOW. All the solutions marked on my EU forum:

1 Like

I’ve been given an update that some work has been done to address the bug. If you still have SMS attached, please try again.

5 Likes

OMG it worked, thank you very much

2 Likes

it’s possible since players frequently request that, but i use a 1240 intuos4 tablet with opentabletdriver for smoothing, it basically emulates a mouse but weighs nothing, the joycon i use fosse’s 2018 joycon driver and x360ce to make the game think its an xbox controller input, this is all on PC not on console so i dont think it would trip any xim detection in the event they would initiate that. as for why, its something i wanted to try because i couldnt aim well on ps4 so i built a PC for overwatch back in 2019, i already had the tablet from art projects, the joycon because i couldnt figure out a good way to use any other controller 1 handed, but a joycon is made for that and has a lot of buttons.

here’s a clip if you want to see the tablet camera https://clips.twitch.tv/SteamyCarelessLegWholeWheat-DP-CwoZjxzU9EaVc

Awesome! Can’t wait to log in tonight after work!

1 Like

Battle.net app: it works now, you press play, in menu you get a popup and scan qr code, enter sms code and you are in.
It can’t be done through steam, no popup.
Finally, I swear I was about to search the seven dragon balls and summon the dragon to wish my account back. Thank you Blizzard.

2 Likes

Thanks, been waiting for days for a response :smiley:

1 Like

It worked! I finally got in.

Thanks!

open up the game and it will ask you to scan the QR code to verify your account.

1 Like

IM IN!
go to your account settings https://account.battle.net/overview
account details tab
remove phone number from account (receive 1st SMS code to verify)
add phone number back to account (receive 2nd SMS code to verify)
launch game thru the battlenet launcher application (shows account still locked)
get the QR code pop-up while launching the game, scan and go to the login / challenge page, get the 3rd SMS verification code, enter it and account is UNLOCKED

WHEW!

remember to close your support ticket if you get unlocked

5 Likes

This worked for me aswell! Very nice find!!

1 Like

Thanks for all the reports and confirmations that you’ve been able to get back in now.

Thanks for letting us know. This should be getting updated as well.

5 Likes

Logging in through either Steam or the Battle.net Launcher should now prompt a locked Overwatch account with instructions for unlocking the account.

Thanks everyone for your patience! I’ll keep this topic open a little while longer to monitor for any odd issues that might come up, but it looks like this should be fully resolved now.

6 Likes

Yep, it works now. Verified through Steam. It was stuck on Connecting so I clicked Cancel and it tried again and finally got in.

Tried PS5 afterwards and it was stuck on Loading Preferences. I closed the game and restarted it and it logged right in. So if you’re stuck after verifying, just cancel/close game and try again.

Glad it’s resolved now! :smiley:

1 Like