Banned midgame, unknown reason and received no email. help!

What security check? On my first answer from the gm, told me to press play and whatever thing pops up follow it, I didn’t get any pop-up on both battle.net launcher or steam, it just the menu that tells me “we are unable to log you in your overwatch account is locked”.

2 Likes

Nicole, just curious if you know of any alternative methods to unlocking accounts. I followed their instructions on PS5 and Steam to click Play in the game but I just get the same “Error OW account is locked” message on title screen with no verification options. It doesn’t do anything at all.

I wish we can do a manual verification check in our BNet accounts but I see none.

1 Like

To be clear, I have absolutely no idea if this will work, but you could try doing an account recovery. There is an option for “My Battle.net Account is locked.” and also one for password reset. I’d try one then the other.

https://account.battle.net/recovery/en/

1 Like

Nope, didn’t work, reseted pass, did the unlock account thingy 2 times, still can’t play overwatch. Thanks for the tip though, guess I am stuck in limbo till a human gm checks my second ticket (or longer).

2 Likes

We need a person to help us, not a bot.

4 Likes

yeah, tickets don’t help, since all we receive is a automatic response about wrong behavior. what a shame to something like that happening and everyone affected is completally lost without even know what’s wrong. 3 days and counting.

3 Likes

I don’t know what happened, my account is locked, there is no email informing me of what happened, no QR code for unlocking is given to me, and I need help instead of a robot replying.

4 Likes

Also have the same issue :frowning:

Canned decision by robot about behavior.

Like I don’t even talk or type. I didn’t get an email either

2 Likes

Same exact issue as well

I submitted tickets to both the appeal penalty and unlock account option, got the automated but different response for each

One telling me steps on how to verify my account, despite that not being an option

And for the appeal one I got told I was suspended In accordance to their code of conduct, despite not breaking TOS, not being a toxic player and like very specifically everyone here with this issue, my account being “locked” without the option to verify but not banned or suspended as it still says active on the profile page and I looked up how suspended accounts look like, and they do get “suspended” messeges instead of locked

I also did not receive any emails or alerts when this happened.

Good news is that this seems like a new issue that a good amount of people are having as of the past couple of days, so hopefully this is not anyones fault of their own, but maybe some kind of glitch or technical problem on blizzards side, bad news is so far apart from automated responses it seems nobody has been able to find a solution.

Someone theorized that sometimes certain apps and programs get mistakes as “cheat” background processes, and that maybe some app that a lot of people had, due to some update caused a lot of people to get flagged as breaking TOS, despite no ban email or suspension notice, not sure how likely this is but just an idea I saw.

What we know is:

• people, very recently, have get logged out right after or mid game, by being locked
  • this account locking isn’t behaving like the typical lock because we can’t seem to find any option to verify it, and any of the typical unlocking methods (reset password, confirm #, change email, etc.) don’t seem to help
  • when we click on the account locked orange text in the blizzard client we get sent to the suspended and banned page on the blizzard site
  • this locking doesn’t seem like normal suspension either because people with this new issue are claiming to not break TOS or even be toxic to expect any bans (also toxic behavior bans usually happen by locking your text and VC access first, not entire accounts) not to mention a typical account ban, when trying to log in, will say account “suspended”, not locked
  • nobody with this issue received any heads up or alerts through email or SMS, like you are supposed to upon a ban or locking
  • some people were competitive players but some casual players who only play quick play as well, so some mis labeled boosting reports wouldn’t make sense either
  • and people have only gotten automated responses so far, depending on their support case, but no solutions so far

Sorry, long reply but figured this is new enough and the more info the better, I just want to be able to play the game again…

If anyone has differences in your account locking experience than the points I described, let me know, considering how support is handling this so far, and blizzard players’ past experiences with support, it might be worth trying to figure out the possible causes and possible solutions to this issue before blizzard decides to help.

5 Likes

yeah man, huge fan of cowboy bebop, that’s all i’ve been thinking since this thing happened, i was so hyped when i saw that 14 seconds trailer… this is unreal…

4 Likes

huh weird, did my previous post get deleted? i was only saying I hope we can get this resolved soon so we don’t miss out on the Bebop event. once again, i hope someone escalates this so Support GMs can help us out sooner.

3 Likes

i would love to see someone from the sector just making a post or giving us some sort of hope saying that they are trying to find what’s wrong… is this ask for too much? god… give us some light

3 Likes

I’ve been searching for any alternative methods to verify but no luck so far. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling OW2 on Steam and it’s the same issue. No ability to verify…

2 Likes

hey everyone, on the EU forums, a blizzard agent Tharemder has replied to 2 threads about the issue

threads (closed threads) are here

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-account-locked/34601

and

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/account-locked-with-no-email-of-a-reason/34594

no real results yet but thats at least one set of blizzard eyes that has seen the issue

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! At least they are aware of it. Hopefully the GMs were sent some instructions about this issue. He even replied to one thread where I posted my issues as well. Here’s hoping!

3 Likes

a friend of mine duckyobrien (he used to have a battlenet account called archives) made a short video about the issue to try to get more attention on the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCEom8soF0s

as a bonus you get to hear ducky try to pronounce your battletag as he reads the post. love you ducky! <3

2 Likes

Same issue here, really hope they will be able to resolve this.

2 Likes

Not sure what you told your friend, but I am not Blizzard tech support. I’m a fellow player and volunteer in this forum. My text is not blue like the staff posts.

1 Like

i know that, i didnt tell him anything of the sort. he probably just figured since your tag says tech support. sorry!

1 Like

I received the same issue. Initially I thought it was a locked issue and a GM got back to me stated to go through the process of unlocking through a security process. However, this did not resolve this issue. Also, underneath the play button, I see a “account locked” link. I click on it and I get sent to a “banned or suspended” forum. I sent an appeal about a day ago but no response yet. I hope this can get resolved soon.

7 Likes