Are we done pretending now?

We done pretending now? There are quite a few people across quite a few threads that really stuck their foot in their mouths. The biggest arguments across all the “doomer” posts leading into the release of OW2 was that “OW2 is going to bring PVE.” I called out OW2 for exactly what it was, a way to circumvent all the promises made during the release and throughout the life of Overwatch, and force-feed us this nonsense monetization system. But every thread every single concerned person made was met with “Overwatch 2 was needed because of PVE.” PVE was supposed to need this new system for things that we couldn’t accomplish in OW 1. That was the whole point. What did we get that was new? A PVP game mode that wasn’t even fun and only held my attention long enough to complete the achievements? A rehash of some of the older PVE modes we already had in OW1? There was nothing new to those. What is the thing that required you guys to take away OW from me? If we got nothing new, why did you decide to ruin my favorite game?

3 Likes