"What If" Characters

So we all have those famous Blizzard characters we all want in, Swann, Vol’jin… Bastion, but lately I have been thinking of other characters and thus I’ve created various concepts for a set of characters I’m going to call: The “What If” Characters.

‘What If’ characters are simple: They are 3rd party characters, characters that aren’t own by blizzard, that have a next to none chance of getting into the game. But they make you wonder: “What if they did?” Which to me atleast makes me wonder what they would do if they were added. What would their movesets be and the like. Currently, I have 9 of them completed and working on a tenth as you read this… probably.

So I must ask: Any “What If” characters you’d want to see? And what do you think they’d do?

(Yes, I know just calling them 3rd Party characters would be better but HotS won’t ever get any 3rd party unless they want to add someone to rep their Partner Games. That has some chances unlike actual 3rd Party characters)

2 Likes

Well, if we´re gonna “dream up” a 3rd party Hero, it would have to be Superman IMO, because that’s the one third party character who was also playable in two Blizzard games (Superman: Death and Return, and Justice League Taskforce, both for the SNES).

Though he’d have to be the older-looking, mullet-wearing rendition from the '90’s, 'cause that’s how he appeared in both games :stuck_out_tongue:

He’d shoot beams from his eyes, have some kind of flight mechanic, and posibly freezing breath.

Note: I’m discussing just for fun, I actively want non-Blizzard heroes to not be in the game “IRL”.

3 Likes

Honestly, it’d not a bad suggestion dispite how odd it sounds. If they are allowed to use it, he’d be a neat addition to the Blizz Classic classes.

What character not owned by blizzard would I want to see? Hmmm…let me think. How about the the Power Rangers? With zords and everything? I think that would be cool.

1 Like

Some of the concept designers did a hat pick awhile ago for 3rd party heroes just for fun. I chose Red, from one of my favorite indie games, Transistor.

Very complicated, but I think I captured the essence of the character and the game very well.

2 Likes

I always wanted to see the X men. Particularly Emma Frost. She can maybe shift between her telepathic and diamond form and can either be a powerful mid range mage assassin or a resilient bruiser who stores damage to empower her telepathic form. Her diamond form can maybe have unrelenting and she takes less time to recover from CC and she can maybe talent to take less damage from projectile or energy based attacks while in diamond form.

Idk if this counts but I would really love Aurelion Sol to be a playable character here, his mechanics is just so awesome and the aesthetic is just beautiful.

3 Likes

Yea he can count. It’d be neat to see LoL and HotS compine one day.

Maybe.

…Jury’s probably gonna have to debate on that actually.

Some characters from Activision games would be interesting to see in hots

2 Likes

Yes and the Crash Bandicoot will be cool too,he will be good to pushing lane with his rotation and also shuting apples on the enemies. :grinning:

Call of Duty characters are awesome too.

1 Like

Tiffi from Candy Crush!!!

(it’s Activision Blizzard’s highest grossing and main game)

1 Like

It is about Blizzard but I honestly love to see the second Murluc in the game,a new goblin is cool too.

1 Like

I was looking at this thread going “Oh man, I wish the only ones I had weren’t works in progress”, totally forgetting a hat draw pick from a different draw than Bliztron’s Red that I’m quite proud of as well. The concept is a little old, and could use some tweaks here and there(Especially formatting), but it’s definitely one of my favorite works.

Similarly to Bliztron’s Red as well, the character design is rather complex so as to attempt to represent several mechanics from the origin game(In this case, Hollow Knight(And in certain cases, actually from the trailer for Hollow Knight: Silksong)), so fair warning.

(Edit:)
I’m also a rather forgetful person sometimes, eesh. Had to be reminded I had actually also released another one earlier, this time entirely of my own accord. Similarly to the previous, is a little old and in need of touch ups(Again, especially formatting), but I’d still call it fairly interesting.

This one should be a lot simpler, though, hopefully! (^_^')

3 Likes

I saw that one of these characters will be possible to added I have that for StarCraft characters.

Behold, the pinnacle of my lifes work. Nothing I do will ever come close to this level of cringe. Bask in its stupidity. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I mean… there’s only 1 right answer to this.
ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne-ne
BATMAN!

He’d be op tho, and queue times would be horrendous cause everyone wants to be Batman. It wouldn’t work ;D

1 Like

don’t reveal to me my failure of mdc, never again

Awww, but bepsis man is one of my favorites

2 Likes

same lol

I’m bad judge

Naaaah, you did fine, life stuff just diddnt work out.

My heart is wished for these units:

1. Hogger
  2. Crypt Fiend
  3. Naga Gaurd Harpooner

Dear Blizzard please bring me them!!