Visual bugs since latest patch

its still bugged, been almost 5 months, wtf is going on

3 Likes

Oh I thought I was the only one with this issue! None of the teammates Iā€™ve mentioned it to have noticed it.
To me it looks like the images jump out of frame on top of the screen, I noticed this with Novaā€™s Ult, the visual line went vertical and then back into normal. Almost like it is two maps on top of each other and it doesnā€™t know which to line up too.
I have noticed this with every character Iā€™ve used and on every map, more so on Blackhearts and Battlefield.
But clearly it is a Mac issue. I hope it gets fixed soon cuz I miss the game.

MacBook Pro (2012) - Catalina - 10.15.2

2 Likes

you know this is actually just getting hurtful.

they have known about the issue for months.

Then they tell us they are going to fix itā€¦ but I really dont think they are doing anything to fix it.

Just tell us if you are not going to do anything about this issueā€¦ Dont let us linger

3 Likes

Exactly the same, feel like our macs are abandoned

1 Like

Can U Blizz just be honest and tell us, youā€™re not going to fix this? Just let us know we will never can play HOTS again. Where are community managers? They reply 1 time per month

I switched from High Sierra to Mojave to fix this bug, but they are still there. Blackheartā€™s Bay is so glitchy that I can hardly play. I also see the glitches in Volskaya Foundry, Dragon Shire, Alterac Pass, and Sky Temple. The rest of them are ok. I have tried switching shadows and other graphic settings, but nothing works.

My operating system specs:
Mojave 10.14.6
Macbook Air
1.3 GHz Intel core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

I donā€™t quite understand these glitches. Everything was fine in September or so. Now there are so many graphic bugs that havenā€™t been fixed!

1 Like

hi there blizzard!!! well done!!!

1 Like

mac mini (late 2012 model), icore7 processer, 16gb ram graphics is a intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 mb. This disappearing and reappearing glitch that has hit the macintosh computer is extremely difficult to adapt to. The glitch seems ā€œgraphicalā€ in nature since in certain cases there is a turret or other structure missing, or else the whole reappearing/disappearing minions/mercs/heroes/enemies happens. And itā€™s not just 1 specific map, it seems to be spread across the various maps that heroes of the storm hosts. We donā€™t need a temporary fix, we need a full fix. And for that to happen you have to understand what we, are going through Blizzard. Iā€™ve only seen one game in my history of gaming that has had some slight issues, but we found out through the developer of that game, that the graphical bug was due to some unforeseen glitch on their side. This graphical error makes it extremely troublesome not only to heal, or fight, but to consistently play. Itā€™s also a modest danger for people with prior history of epileptic seizures due to the jarring, unorganized way that it is happening. The fact the heroes/minions/mercs and enemies jump and disappear/reappear, ā€œcouldā€ have some psychological retriggering for seizures. I know games are typically designed for seizure protection, but this graphical error that we are receiving ā€œcouldā€ send synapses of reflective motion that ā€œcouldā€ reflectively trigger a seizure attack. Please address this concern, if not for the visual improvement, but for the health and wellness of us players.

2 Likes

Oh yea, letā€™s do it like this. Iā€™m an epileptic and Iā€™ve been getting seizures from playing the game on Mac like this.

1 Like

macOS catalina 10.15.2 intel core i5 8 GM 1600 MHz DDR3 intel iris pro 1536 please fix

HELLO? its been so fricking long since this bug, can we actually fix it? im going insane srsly

any one have any news? its so dang frustrating to try and playā€¦

Blizzard please at least respond with some kind of information. Anything. Even ā€œbuzz off weā€™re not fixing itā€ would be better than nothing. Hots is my favorite moba, I play every day.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping this thread is still being watched, since itā€™s an ongoing bug.
I wanted to add my 2 cents, just came out of a match on Hanamura where this bug was present. Not as bad as usual, but present nonetheless.
However I believe the character models are not actually disappearing, but falling through the floor.
I came to this conclusion because I was playing Blaze using his ā€œSmoldering Fel Reaverā€ skin.
There is a blink-and-youā€™ll-miss-it ā€œdropā€ to the models as they disappear, but I noticed the exhausts on Blazeā€™s back would stick out a little through the floor when he disappeared while mountedā€¦

Iā€™m hoping this helps root out the cause to this issue.

Mac Specs:
iMac 21.5in Late 2013
OS High Sierra
2.7GHz Intel Core i5
8GB Ram
Intel Iris Pro 1536mb

just be honest and tell us nothing is being done about it. Iā€™m really sick of it since itā€™s been going on since September. At this point i refuse to believe that Blizzard is even tryā€™n to work out the problem. If this problem would have been on a Windows platform the problems would have been solved with a month tops!

1 Like

YO! just wanted to post with the cool kids, trying to get a buddyā€™s mac book ready to go for his travels. Same issue,

Mac book
blah
blah
blah

same as everyone else,

Kudos to mac for not allowing independent driver updates, butā€¦

double Kudos to Blizz, you all know why

So here is a half way solution, it doesnā€™t exactly address the core issue (the OS drivers for the video card rendering and tracking motion) but basically, crank your graphics up to 11ā€¦

Then work backwards from the top end, it doesnā€™t solve the disappearing camps and jumping mobs, but it does provide a more constant game play experience.

So, with everyone up turn, down the shaders and shadows which are the primary reasons for the models not, drop your resolution, youā€™ll gotta adjust your gamma and such to hop in this way back machine. but basically, make it look like warcraft 2, then the models donā€™t take a one way trip to destination Fā€™d.

Seems silly and I just wanted to make a huge toast, but you can tweak your in game settings working backwards from the top to strike a happy mediumish, where the drivers communicate with game engine, all be it in cave manā€¦

ā€œproblems canā€™t be solved by the same level of thinking that created themā€

-Tact

Iā€™m stealing it now

A new patch has just been released, so Iā€™m sure this game-breaking bug has been fixed, right? I mean, thereā€™s no way Blizzard would leave a game-breaking bug unfixed for 4 months, right? Right?ā€¦

4 Likes

I reluctantly quit HOTS 4-5 months ago because of this issue. Simply couldnā€™t play with it. Came back today after reinstalling and was saddened to find it is still an issueā€¦why :(ā€¦

I guess Blizzard just isnā€™t a company we can trust anymore. They ā€œusedā€ to put huge emphasis on making their games compatible on both Windows and Mac. Also, maybe the Mac experts has been transferred or fired, wouldnā€™t surprise me. Been playing WoW since 2005 and WC3 and D2 before that. I really feel this company Iā€™ve grown up with has shown me the love and respect I deserve these last few months on HoTS (:smile: