Mac Visual Bug on 48.0

Seems that Blizzard is just ignoring this…
Haven’t seen any updates or replies after the recent updates and no fix in sight.
Blizzard could at least give some kind of reply except of the same old “we are investigating…”

I think I have a similar issues or worse !
running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1on a 2017 Mac

Ever since installing the latest patch I have been unable to play the game.
I have an issues with my mouse - meaning that the mouse pointer is confined to top corner of the screen, top left. same issues when trying the track pad. Also, I’ve tried my mouse in other games including star craft and have not had this issue. The other problem is when issuing Alt tab to go back to my desktop while the game is running. if I do this get a black screen and cant go back to either desktop or game. I end up having to restart. this again has been tested with other games and no similar issues. I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the mouse issues was resolved once until I alt-tab the game again and then same issues came back. can this be resolved??? I can see its an issues ppl have had for ages…shame blizzard …

2 Likes

the same
macOS Catalina(10.15.2)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2,2 GHz Intel i7
16GB
Intel IRIS Pro 1536

1 Like

Is this just never going to be fixed? I’ve been playing with this bug for months, just read every comment on this thread and doesn’t even seem worth the time to put my Mac specs here…

1 Like

It’s 2020, and still no fix? It’s been almost half a year since the bug was first reported.

1 Like

FYI there is a more live thread that is worth following about the bug rather than this one. I think it is the same issue: Visual bugs since latest patch - #105 by macnasty-11679

1 Like

There is nothing being done about this problem, since september. i actually spend some cash on some of the heroes, and now the game isn’t working like it’s suppose to do. But Blizzard couldn’t careless about the Mac users. Incredibly disappointing i’ve been a big fan of blizzard of the years. But this is downright disrespectful to your customers!

2 Likes

3 months… No changes…
Please Blizzard make something about this! If u propose a mac version of your game, it must works, otherwise is just a sad scam.

2 Likes

Hi Blizzard, please at least let us know if there is something being done to address the problem so ya Mac players can know if there is an expected return time - as of know, with the glitch, the game is unplayable.

The problem still remains, is there any chance that it’s gonna be fixed?

Here’s my MacBook set up:

macOS Catalina 10.15.2
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
16Gb Ram
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Same for the last few months… Have only played vs ai since. It seems to have something to do with the water. Only maps with water seem to be affected and Blackheart’s bay is the worst - nearly unplayable.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
MacBook Pro (13-inch, mid 2012)
Processor 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

it has been more than 4 months now. you showed in the past, that you are capable to remove maps from rotation. this is critical issue that affects part of your playerbase. the solution is obvious, until this issue is not completely resolved. why are you not taking any steps to assure same quality to ALL the players?

2 Likes

Please fix this! I’ve spent a ton of money since Beta on this game, and have had to stop playing during this glitch.

2 Likes

I understand that this is not a big issue, that this is not affecting a majority of your playerbase, and that this might even be the blizzard game you priorities the least. But to me this is the best MOBA and probably the best and most complete game had i’ve ever the pleasure of enjoying hour after hour, day after day.
(until that sad day in september)

I’m trying not to make this a love letter, like some sad kid you just f***ed and forgot, but I just really need some closure here.

Can we at least get some information on what is happening? Are there even a plan for this to be resolved? or should i just move on with my life and stop playing sad video games?
(I check this forum every single day, with the hope of some new information)

sincerely yours,

Butthurt95

4 Likes

Hi,
I’m experiencing this issue too. So are my two best friends. We’ve played HotS together since it came out and it’s been unplayable for us since this visual bug started happening. I’ve never had a complaint about this game and I really miss being able to play it. Please fix this bug. :frowning:
Here’s my info, hope it helps:
macOS Catalina, Version 10.15.2
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
2.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

3 Likes

Same issue here still going on. Really painful to play. Blizzard games were taken off from Geforce Now also. I played there because of this issue. Either fix this problem or let us play in Geforce now. Been a hots player since alpha beta, and started playing your games since diablo 1 was released. Please give some respect to the faithful and loyal customers.

Heres my specs:
macOS Catalina, version 10.15.3
Imac (21,5, late 2013)
Processor: 2,7 GHz i5
Memory: 8 gt 1600 mhz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro, 1536 mt

1 Like

Exactly the same issue as OP describes.
I find the issues happen on Blackheart’s Bay (esp. bottom lane), Volskaya Foundry, Hanamura, Sky Temple, Alterac Pass, and Battlefield of Eternity
Not that anything seems to be getting done about this at this point, but just in case it helps here are my specs:

macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Macbook Pro (Mid 2015)
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Processor: 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

1 Like

macOS Catalina 10.15.3
Mac mini (Late 2014)
2,6 GHz Intel Core i5
16 ГБ 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 МБ

I am having a glitch where the game eats my GPU and the physics glitching out. This glitch shoots me and other entities into the air but leaving my perspective where my hero would be, so I can’t see where other entities or my own hero are. This glitch happens most on the maps Volskaya Foundry and Blackheart’s Bay, but happens on every map in varying amounts. The glitch appears to happen when an entity walks on a surface that isn’t flat (textured ground). I have not been able to observe this glitch in replay mode, so I do believe this glitch is only my side.

Device - iMac 21.5 inch late-2013 model
Processor - 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Memory - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics - Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
iOS Version - Catalina 10.15.4

1 Like

macOS Mojave
version 10.14.6

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014)
Processor 1,4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 Gb 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 МБ