Visual bugs since latest patch

Hey its been too long already with this bug, i might stop playing this game since i think we’ll have this bug forever…

3 Likes

i’ve played glitch free on volsky found today. also alterac pass was glitch free. dunno what happend. but i’m liking it

I saw the patch notes that some mac visual bugs were fixed and I was delighted. I played about 3 games without issue. 4th game on dragon shire graphics issues came back on friendly bridge top lane. Then a team fight occurred on bottom and what I can only assume was an unrelated issue the game hard crashed. I attempted to reload twice and right when the game is almost 100% caught up it will hard crash again. Mac as been unplayable for months and it’s very disheartening.

2 Likes

Same issue for me

Mac OS Mojave (10.14.1)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Playing on a macbook pro, today after Deathwing patch I can’t open heroes, screen goes black, and only the mouse changes. I have tryed reinstalling.

ok so, I does end up reconising the game if during the black screen I go to window mode and back to full screen. Cmd + m

I can confirm that the latest patch has done absolutely nothing to fix the severe graphical issues detailed in this thread. Re-installed the game, hopped into quick match, got Blackheart’s Bay, and just like usual the entire bottom lane is a massive dead zone for me. I can’t even use the steam vents near the central objective.

Look, I want to be patient, and I can appreciate that issues like this are not necessarily easily fixed considering the diminutive size of the team in question. However, it has now been over two whole months since these issues were first reported and nothing has been done to fix them. You guys just implemented massive game changes and a new hero with this week’s patch and the issues still persist.

The game was in a perfectly playable state for mac clients up until September. At this juncture it certainly feels like the official attitude related to this issue is simply “we don’t care.” Or, at least, it’s certainly not a priority.

And if that is the case, then fair enough. If this is not something you intend to fix then I would like to just be told as such. This used to be one of my favorite games to play, and it still could be, but I would prefer not to waste time and energy constantly checking on the playability of a product that will be forever left in limbo for me.

4 Likes

Yep, still bugged. :frowning:

1 Like

me too.
ha… have waited for more than 2months. expected the latest patch.
but it wasnt.
blizzard gave up on mac users. if you guys want to play hos, change to PC.
I gave up! no more hos. sad

The issue was caused by a mandatory update to the Mac OS. It is causing widespread problems to many games available on Mac, not just HotS. That’s why Blizz keeps saying they have to wait for a response from a third party and why they can’t roll back the update that broke the game. The third party is Mac absolutely refusing to gaf about gaming on their computers.

However, I still think that the appropriate response would be to remove the small number of maps this affects. If Blizz thinks a fix is coming soon then they shouldn’t mind temporarily removing the maps. If they think it’s going to be a long time then they should definitely remove the maps because they risk losing a good chunk of their very limited player base. This doesn’t just affect Mac users. It also affects everyone else on their team. You better believe I tell all the PC users in my games that I’m having this problem and that we are losing because of Blizzard. I’m level 2700 so I play a lot of games…

2 Likes

Hello its december now… soon it will be christmas. Im wishing for a bug fixer so that I will be able to play my former best game again

1 Like

The MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 has been released today. Could those experiencing the any graphical issues or crashes see if this update helps or resolves the issue? If you were set to use OpenGL, please switch back to the Metal API.

No changes. Updated to Catalina (was using Mojave before) and the same issues are present. Bridges, vents, and the bottom lane are almost always guaranteed to be dead zones.

Not only is it not fixed but now my voice chat doesn’t work. I tried 3 different devices. Discord works, but not HotS. And now I’m stuck with Catalina, the worst OS since Windows ME so thanks for that. Maybe you should have actually tested it first before making this suggestion.

1 Like

Far be it from me to blame Blizzard for a sub-par OS that Mac pushes out, but… yes. I am super regretting upgrading to Catalina just to test the playability of this game.

If you guys can fix the game on your end, great. But I won’t be making any more radical alterations to my OS just for this one product.

Best wishes.

1 Like

It is still the same, but however it’s easier to fix than before (a simple game restart fixes it) 1st match you play after starting up the game is always smooth, but if you que into a second match, the bugs are visible on every map. It’s very annoying having to re-launch the game after every match and kinda ruins momentum if you know what I mean.

The problem must be something in the game, if it only occurs every 2nd game you play within’ launching the game. (this was also the case after watching the replay after playing a game without issues, the glitching etc)

Hope it makes sense what I’m saying, as it makes no sense the 1st game works fine, but 2nd is glitchy on nearly every map.

2 Likes

Why hasn’t it been fixed already? This issue has been there since 3 patches ago… It’s annoying for all my teammates, because I have to leave like every 2/3 games or so. It’s affecting my rating as well… Tried the shading, command+m and the leaving and coming back trick, but nothing seems to resolve the problem now…

2 Likes

If this issue effected PC this would be fixed already due to its severe debilitating nature. Doesn’t feel like a priority to blizzard. Just played an entire game on top lane as healer because bottom was practically invisible. Crippling loss. Please be candid about status updates.

1 Like

3 months this is abuse please give a solution to mac users, only bugs and still not enough time for this problem? DO IT FOR CHRISTMAS or something, isn’t like you guys are doing a miracle please fix it, or 98 answers to this is nothing for you guys?

The visual bug seems to still be present. Had previously played a match on Sky Temple and Braxis with no issue. It wasn’t until my third and last game on BOE where I started to have the visual bugs occur. It was pretty much unplayable so I had to leave.

I play on the lowest settings so I may try to increase them a step higher to see if that helps.

Specs:
MacBook Pro
MAC OS Catalina (10.15.2)
2.2Ghz Quadcore Intel i7
16GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

edit: went from low to medium graphics settings, no issues on warhead, TOD or cursed hollow. The bug sadly showed its ugly face on hanamura.