Visual bugs since latest patch

i’m seriously thinking about buying a Windows computer just to play Heroes of the storm. But it is absolutely mental that i have to do that in order to play a game properly just because blizzard isn’t doing anything about this issue anymore.

Thanks for your continued reports, and sorry about the silence on this thread. This is still on our radar and we have not forgotten about this issue. Our team is in communication with Apple regarding the issue. There are some requirements that are reliant on other factors that are outside of our control. It’s an immensely frustrating issue and understandably so, but there is no time frame for this yet, since our team wants to ensure everything is set in order rather than have something come up resulting in delays.

We want this fixed for everyone and would prefer that no workarounds are needed just to be able to play the game. Once we have word on solid changes and a full resolution, we will let you know so that this can be retested so that we can ensure all systems are up to scale.

While, we may not post every time here, we do read through each of your reports! I greatly appreciate your patience and we’ll post when a new update is available!

2 Likes

i play at absolutely minimum on all graphics options since the game was launched cuz aparently my MAC can’t handle any more, and this bug doesn’t go at all like that

does it has anything to do with the whitemane and orphea thief skins patch? cuz it all started after that patch

it is very frustrating, yes. is there any solution at all? maps have been taken down in the past. why it is not happening now with Blackheart’s, until issue can be resolved. now I’m just forced to apologize for your problem and abandon games, because they are unplayable there

In terms of partial workarounds until this gets fixed, I have had some limited success by enabling the target info panel, and by restarting maps. I’ll post it here in case it helps anyone.

If I get a Brawl map where it’s bugging near the core at the start, I quit out and relaunch and when it comes back in the bug is fixed for the rest of the match. Obviously this runs the risk of getting you into the Leavers queue (does that happen with Brawls?) and isn’t ideal but a few minutes’ absence right at the start is probably better than you not being able to play due to glitching for the whole match. Unfortunately I have tried this with QM maps and it hasn’t helped so far, although it does seem to swap the glitches around, which is interesting.

I do find the bug is less prevalent when I have the target info panel enabled, including some perfect runs on Blackheart’s Bay. It’s not consistent but does seem to help in my case.

Just got blown away on black hearts bay because half the map was unplayable.

1 Like

The 10.15.3 released today and should be available for update. Has anyone given the new update a try? Are there any improvements after the 10.15.3 update?

1 Like

It didn’t seem to fix the issue at hand all that well. While i was in a state of “attempting” to reconnect i could see at the very start of the angel/demon fight map that the entire base, and towers were surrounded by a vague light glow indicating that the maps assets weren’t quite fully operational, mind you this was all happening while i had the lowest settings possible. So since the newest patch i can say it hasn’t fixed the problem from what i can see.

2 Likes

Still the same issues. Not even 1% better

1 Like

The problem is in maps with “second” layout (when we get some kind of Holes/water etc.). Can You just give option in graphics menu to turn of second layouts?

Hi,
Crossposting this from another Mac thread about this bug: I’m experiencing this issue too. So are my two best friends. We’ve played HotS together since it came out and it’s been unplayable for us since this visual bug started happening. I’ve never had a complaint about this game and I really miss being able to play it. Please fix this bug. :frowning:
Here’s my info, hope it helps:
macOS Catalina, Version 10.15.2
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
2.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB

Also, I played today and the patch released a few days ago hasn’t improved playability at all on any of the maps.

1 Like

New patch, same problem. Sometimes structures won’t load and minions keep flying up and down. Maps with the worst problems are: Sky Temple, Braxis Holdout, Alterac pass, Blackheart Bay and Warhead Junction.

Please fix this issue… leaving the game and rejoining won’t solve the problem.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this will be helpful, but I’m on a Macbook Air still running Mojave and the issue has gotten better (though definitely not fixed) on most maps. The bottom lane of Blackhearts Bay is still completely glitched, and the area around the core for Volskaya Foundry, Industrial District are still showing issues, as well as the bridge in top lane for Dragon Shire.

Well, for me it was mostly better when I tried playing this week vs. a couple weeks ago. Hanamura is still unplayable and volksaya was difficult. I didn’t get to play a round on Blackhearts or dragon shrine but to me at least I felt like some progress is finally being made!

Just remove the Eternarls Fight map, its the most bugged one (its totally unplayable in the whole mid and bot part of the map

1 Like

all birdges and circle area shaped textures are bugged, specially the whole Eternals Fight map

1 Like

New patch is coming, nothing about Mac users… Srsly?

1 Like

Thank you all for your continued reports! It’s a frustrating issue with this going on for some time, but your patience and understanding is immensely appreciated :slight_smile:

I checked with our team on the issue for any new updates. Our team have gone through testing and discussions with Apple and AMD on this issue. This is not ideal, but this should be fixed in a future update. I will update the thread here when the release is available. Hopefully, with success with eradicating this issue completely this time around!

meanwhile u could change the map rotation so we don’t have tp play the most bugged maps (eternals fight and sky temple are the most bugged ones)

3 Likes