Visual bugs since latest patch

I’ve noticed the same issue, but only on certain maps. So far it’s all the maps that have an objective that drops down onto the map, like BOE, Infernal shrines with the Punisher, Sky Temple when the temples fire shots, and Volskya Industry with the robot. Also Blackhearts bay. On Volskya it doesn’t even show the bruiser camp and some walls are missing…

Yeah, exactly. And this disrupts gameplay so badly. When are they going to fix it?

The game is literally unplayable on certain maps like Sky and Blackheart. However, it gives you a stronger sense of achievement after you win a match by guessing where everything might be. No improvement 24 days after the initial post. This is FUNNY, blizzard.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
22 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

3 Likes

Guys, I was suffering like u all. Today I made a decision: install the f… windows on my iMac. Bootcamp. It worked. Even faster. I know Blizz can’t tell us to do that. But worked for me, so I came here to tell ya. Good luck.

the problem is when i play hots on my windows partition i get a huge frame drop once every couple of minutes… so it’s either fighting invisible heroes or fighting with a huge frame drop

Same here, and my mac is running on the latest os Catalina. But it’s just on some maps, Sky Temple, Volskya, BOE, Black hearst bay and Altarak pass only on the objective. Also the large merc camps don’t show on Volskya. I tried to add a new topic, but I can’t find the Mac support page anymore?

This thread is already on the Mac Support page. I can still see it on the forum master list. It might be a problem on your end.

I’m not sure if this helps at all, but after the last patch my maps were mostly fine for the first play or two and then got bad again. Interestingly, when I switched to my alt account the maps were fine again and slowly got bad. Same computer, just a different login.

I would also like to suggest removing the worst maps from the rotation until you have a solution. It isn’t fair to Mac users and the people who get stuck on their team. Blackhearts has gotten so bad I can’t see anything below the top lane. So basically the whole map. Hanamura doesn’t display anything around objective points, which are obviously the most likely places for important fights. BoE is bad in the whole bot lane which is typically the 4 man lane. There are other problem maps but those are by far the worst.

1 Like

Have the same problems on the same maps.

Late 2013 iMac.
Mojave 10.14.6
2.7 Core i5
Intel Iris 1536mb.

Hope we get a fix soon. Want to play ranked without throwing.

1 Like

Same problem on my Mac. Thank you for continuing to look into it and working for a solution.

My Mac System info is:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Processor 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Same problem, any recent updates? havent been able to play for quite a while now

1 Like

Hey, folks! Thank you all for your continued reports! I haven’t forgotten about this issue and continuously monitoring this thread!

No new updates at the moment, but our team is working on this with the appropriate teams to get this resolved. This is primarily due to a driver issue which is why it’s taking longer than we’d like to resolve the visual bugs in-game. This may require an MacOS update in the future if it is a driver bug, but we’ll continue to update when more information is available.

Welp, guess we’ll be trapped in this thread for a while longer.

We should all become good friends!

2 Likes

this is so sad, alexa play despacito

2 Likes

bored… to way bored to play.

suggestion: undo watever new u did in the graphics from last patch so we can actually play the game again

3 Likes

It’s one big conspiracy. They’re trying to keep Deathwing from us.

we can carry the terrible matchmatking between player levels blizzard does, we can carry that in 90% match we have an AFK player, we can carry a solo player in 50% match, we can carry a flamer player in every single match, but this is too much… there’s more that a month with this bug and blizzard is doing nothing…

most of the time I want to delete the game and never come back…

2 Likes

I mean… you broke it with the patch, undo the changes and only release it when the issue is fixed?

4 Likes