Mac Visual Bug on 48.0

Here’s the best workaround that I’ve been able to come up with, it can fix many of the issues but not 100%:

-Your computer needs to have the map data loaded in memory. This means you will need to suffer through one glitch game on every glitchy map before things will work. If you zap your memory, restart the computer or if the games patches itself(without a fix); the data is cleared and you need to suffer again.

-After you’ve played some games and have the data preloaded, you need to reboot the game between EVERY match. If you forget to relaunch the game, the glitches will likely be back for the next match but if you reboot every time you will have much better results.

-This doesn’t guarantee a perfect match, I haven’t had a totally clean match on Blackhearts Bay since the bug appeared but I have had success on other maps. Hopefully you can have some solid matches going forward as well.

same! unplayable atm

I love how blizzard say to me at the bottom of this topic " Hello! Looks like you’re enjoying the discussion, but you haven’t signed up for an account yet."

Do you think i’m really enjoying the discussion ??? let tell it.
blizz’ u suck, i know it’s free game but at least gave us some feed back on your work, or just say ‘na u just few player we don’t care’.

YOU GUYS DON’T PAY COMMUNITY MANAGER ? i guess u waste your money.

Of course i share my love about this discussion that i really enjoy right now.

HELLOOOOO? 1 month already, please guys are you even trying to fix this?

1 Like

Probably all the focus of the company is devoted to Blizzcon right now. But still I don’t understand why nobody from Blizz comes here to say at least “we apologize, we are well aware of the problem, atm we cannot do anything, but be sure we will fix it.”. Not hearing anything from them is what really pisses me off.

glad to hear news soon!!

If it helps, I’m also getting an odd visual bug during transitions (such as from the post-match award screen back to the XP screen) where the screen glitches mostly black with a few rainbow patches, and stays like that while it’s loading. I think this started at the same time/patch, so might be related or simply confirm as a driver issue?

Can’t screenshot it as the system doesn’t ‘see’ it in a screenshot but instead takes a pic of what the screen looked like before/without the glitch.

I think the reality of this situation is that, though a fix may eventually come, the number of afflicted individuals (Mac users with a specific chipset) is so small, that it really isn’t worth Blizzard’s time and money to address, unless the fix is a simple one.

It is a very frustrating bug, as it totally ruins some of the matches, both for me and my teammates (as they have to suffer from my lack of ability to contribute usefully). Maybe I’ll just have to stop playing until I have new hardware at my fingertips.

1 Like

It is just me, or does that sound really bad? Because Apple certainly isn’t going to upgrade any drivers on 2014 hardware so a few people can play a MOBA they’ve never heard of.

1 Like

macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

this happened to me in around August I think - same probably as the OP. minions and heroes kept popping in and off the map. really hoping there’s a fix soon. can’t believe there’s no one high up in the office sitting on their macbook squeezing in a game during lunch or testing on the official servers. this is ridiculous. can’t imagine this going on for long on any other mobas you guys compete with.

This bug has been happening for over a month now as far as I know. I literally just played a game and it’s still doing this. How is this not a top priority for blizzard. The game is unplayable at times.

November 10th and the issue is still happening. How is this possible?

Think I found the problem Blizzard. I unistalled and then reinstalled yesterday and I thought the bug had been fixed. The map I played on returned to normal (I’ve got to tell you that almost every map I played on previously had this glitch happening at least somewhere on the map… sometimes it was in mid lane other times it was down in bot…) but the first game I played there was nothing wrong! But then next game I played the problem returned. Perhaps this only happens after you’ve already played one game.

I understand why Blizzard might not be working on this problem (HOTS is free-to-play and the affected systems are older hardware), but I would like to know whether there are plans to fix it or not.

bot lane for Blackheart’s Bay is still bugged even if I restart the game and so is top right lane for Dragon Shire

2 moths with the same issue now there is a new patch today and the bug still there.

1 Like

Blackheart’s Bay is the map that is most affected, the entire bottom half is unplayable, but it seems that a restart sometimes (except at blackheart’s bay) help the situation. And often when the map bugs the sound also bugs out.

Mac book pro from 2015.

Mojave
Version 10.14.6
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015
2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Three out of every four games are completely unplayable. I’m out. Uninstalling the game.

Please, do something about it.
Everyday it just gets more annoying.

How come that didn’t happen before at all.
It happens to me on Blackheart’s Bay (still after last patch).
Volskaya never see top mercs, nor they’re base rounded-platform. Lots of flickering in most maps in general. I think this doesn’t happen on dragon shrine nor hanamura, but it would be cool to test it before it’s believed to be finally solved.

4th december and its still the same. Thought it was just my computer until I noticed you people have the same problem. I got an iMac 21,5 inches from late 2013.

2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
macOS Catalina version 10.15

I really love HotS but this problem is causing that feeling to go long way…

Please solve this Blizzard!