New patch note and maiev nerf ! (not buffed)

I am a Maiev Main lvl 176, when i saw the patch note of course that i was excited of their so called “Buff”… ow how wrong was i, after a couple of games with her, i knew that something was really, really wrong. let me explain myself for people who have no clue of what her nerf is: before the patch, on the lvl 16 talent of Crual chain, you could have 5 stack on your W whenever you tethered an enemy hero, to reach the 5 stacks, you had to aa them, use q, e. and the 5 stacks could happen no matter the number of enemy heroes you had chained. Now after the patch: no more aa or q, you only get 1 stack if you tether 1 enemy hero, it then increases with the number of enemies u have tethered. so 5 enemies = 5 stacks. 2 enemy = 2 stacks and so on.

It is a HUGE nerf, because now you cannot even 1vs1 anymore and get the kill (which before was possible)

Maiev is not a popular hero among Rank Players under diamond-master and lower, and even less in Quick Match. She was very powerful before this patch, but also very weak to ccs, with 0 self sustain nor shield, only a 30% armor on her lvl 13 talent and some armor on her Q lvl 13.

so please dear fellow players who enjoy this hero as much as i do, upvote this post to bring our beloved Maiev back how she were.

Peace everyone, thanks for reading

19 Likes

no wonder nobody play this hero ever…

that huge nerf, at least they should’ve said that she was getting nerfed

3 Likes

I dont think she needs a rework but maybe buff her W lvl 16 talent back to precedent status ?

2 Likes

Yes, Maiev, the hero who is meant to be a 1v1 master.

Just like how the spotlight video on her on introduction pointed out!
https://i.imgur.com/ywmziGm.png
Er, wait, huh? It says her weakness is meant to be single target damage.

So they buffed her intended role as dealing damage to multiple targets at once, while nerfing what is supposed to be her weakness, 1v1/single target damage.

5 Likes

Yes, because now she isn’t really playable like before, of course there is q build but still hard to land and isnt meant to 1vs1, or E build which is more oriented 1vs1 but not really for clustered enemies
the w build was a perfect balance between the 2

1 Like

It was said a lot in the others topics about Maiev situation. In my opinion that change is a huge nerf and now Maiev is absolutely useless character and there are better choices if draft
The concept of w build was the perfect realization of melee assasin mechanics. You stacked w (like u stack gold in lol or dota), then u get a combo tool to punish squish targets for mistakes. Melee assasin must have burst dmg, Maiev is not a saupport to provide allies to do dmg
Here is links

2 Likes

Maiev was never intended to be played 1x1 and most definitely NEVER drafted for that reason. You pick maiev when you see you could get Q resets reliablity well or if you’re building a set up with warden cage.

So really, if they nerfed her 1x1 potential? Most likely intended and correct.

5 Likes

I also should be clear: The change may well be bad for Maiev. But you complaining that they’re nerfing her single target damage when you’re saying you are/were using her to 1v1 people is the point.

You’re probably not meant to be able to 1v1 as Maiev.

The actually change may be bad, but at least that part of you disliking the change is what i would call invalid.

It’s not really a nerf even to W build. It’s still a buff. In a normal case scenario, where you use W for a multi-ppl setup, you technically WANT to do it as fast as possible, you don’t want to stop and stack the lvl16 damage. With this change, you still get the damage increase when you’re doing the setup fast and correctly.

To put it shorter: it’s a buff to how maiev is normally played in a team, assuming you would go for those talents in the first place (usually not; up until now the aa maiev was most played, from now full Q-E build might surface (due to the massive buff to lvl16 talent)).

1 Like

I think ppl that dont use maiev should stay in silence, instead writing several and several stupid things. Do you it was so difficult stack 5 attacks vs 5 men group?

1 Like

Yes, Maiev, the hero who is meant to be a 1v1 master.

And also Maiev is a hero is meant to counter high mobility characters. But she cant. Its so easy to kite Maiev, she cant do anything agains genji, zera or tracer
As I said before, Maiev does not have enough tools to survive in big fights long enough. she is extremely dependent on the team, and her own dmg is poor against smart enemy

I am complaining they are destroying interesting and unique combo mechanic and taking away the only tool she can carry the game by her own. Lets take away Ming and gengi resets, ktz 1shot combo, kt pyroblast, zera ful reset combo, etc moshpit…

New talent mechanics is a copy of 1st lvl w talent. They both do the same things. Poor disign

2 Likes

Maiev may be on a downtrend lately, but there was a time when she was pretty much 100% banned or picked in ranked not that long ago. I’ve seen A LOT of actual high level maiev play, so I’m pretty sure I have a decent idea how she works, even though I play her myself rarely (lvl20 maybe, or sth).

2 Likes

You carry in teamfights, not in 1x1. She’s also a very strong ganker, assuming your partner in crime is a high damage assassin lacking cc.
Maiev-jaina can easily get the kills and you don’t need maiev to do any damage at all (although she does, of course). Just tether the victim and pull it away from safety into waiting hands of jaina (or even better, if jaina started first - back into blizzard).

OMG just read this post already! Before:

Blockquote
1 target = 150%
2 targets = 150%
3 targets = 150%
4 targets = 150%
5 targets = 150%
Now:
1 target = 0%
2 targets = 30%
3 targets = 60%
4 targets = 90%
5 targets = 120%
…We’re supposed to believe this will make it more “impactful”.

Its obvious its a nerf for all Maiev mainers. And if you think Maiev players should start fighting with initiation against 5 people to get ful prok from new talent, you’ve never played diamond or higher league.

5 Likes

Ok, so lets nerf all Zerathuls abilities because he has void prison, Zera and Jaina together can do real dmg!
Thats a stupid logic. I want to play melee assasin, not a support for mage or aa

1 Like

VP zera was nerfed quite hard. Also, zera was always built as a mainly 1x1 assassin (the cleave build was the nonsense and was nerfed).
Can’t compare zera and maiev - they’re completely different types of heroes.

you are right, I feel devastated and i am thinking of quitting the game until they they bring her back to normal

3 Likes

Still Zera can do dmg in any league without his team help. He has the best mobility in game (unpredictable blinks), 2 self healing talents, he can take solo bosses on a few maps, he counters mobility heroes and he helps his team to do combo dmg. Why should any1 playes Maiev now? What can she do? Nothing.
Anyway she needs ful rework and revision of the hero concept. I said it before, her concept does not work

2 Likes

I probably didnt explain my self clearly enough but its not about 1vs1 only, i could also deal decent dmge 2vs1 or 3vs1 - or even kill all of them, even in teamfights in 5vs5 and 2 enemies were diving our backline, i could help dealing decent dmge/pulling the enemies off of our backline and finish them, now i can’t anymore because the dmge is lacking

1 Like