Blizzard destroyed Orphea

The new talents force a new playstyle, more aggressive (if you go for Ancestral Strenght, while Q build is the same as always) because you need to remain into AA range to keep it going.
I find it pretty nice and refreshing at the moment, but it’s a consideration based more on “fun” atm.

Ancestors strenght seems like a good alternative for fright. I did some nice combos with her

Never picked old Ancestral, always Q; now Ancestral looks at least interesting.

1 Like

I am glad Acestral is off as it was always the least interesting option on tier one; will now actually pick the new version at times at least.

Both heroics are good.

They are all usefull now.

Mind Devourer is the worst talent on that tier (but still ok).

Q build is what makes Orphea Orphea.

2 Likes

Totally agree on Loud Speakers, at this point they should just make it baseline.

Mic Check, though? It’s good, but definitely not a must-pick like Loud Speakers is.

1 Like

Ancestral Strength is what you paired with Fright. Fright was replaced by Chaotic Assault, which is anti-synergistic with new Ancestral Strength.

Stick with Q build. E build is dead and Ancestral Strength lost the extra Chaos generation, which is a straight nerf.

As Heroic abilities go, you have to admit Orphea’s are rather underwhelming.

Aside from Allegrismo, I believe you mean, “all equally useless.”

It wasn’t before, but it certainly will be now.

1 Like

I never went ancestral strength. If I wanna do extra damage to slowed targets or wombo combo people, I play Jaina or KTZ. I play Orphea for spammity spam spam. I love q build/chaos build so much.

I doubt this will change anything for me. For those of you who really liked fright, I’m sorry.

1 Like

Basic attacking that causes slows are anti synergistic?
You hit 1 Q, then hit them with your other stronger abilities, while also having Q on a low cd seems like a fine combo for me

I said the new version of Ancestral Strength is anti-synergistic with the new level 4 talent, Chaotic Assault.

And it’s for exactly the reason you mentioned. You’ll want to be weaving basic attacks in rapidly to keep the slow up, which means you won’t have time to build up all three stacks of Chaos you need to get any value out of Chaotic Assault. And if you try to save up the 3 Chaos needed for Chaotic Assault to proc, you’ll be missing out on those slows.

Put shortly, attempting to get more value out of one of these talents means you will be getting less value out of the other. That’s anti-synergy.

2 Likes

I feel what you mean, they destroyed Orphea as well as they destroyed Maiev…
we need the next patch to be really fixed for these two heroes. they broke them…compeltely

Her ults suck? Damn, that’s news to me.
Do you, perchance, solo queue a majority of your games…?

I guess that this player meant that the ults arent relevant enough compared to other heroes’s ult

1 Like

Gigantic potentially constant AoE damage, AoE pull-and-stun. The latter of which can have cooldown reduction down to 5sec.

The bloody hell do you people need from Orphea? She’s already a murder machine with built in sustain, great range and tons of potential in her talents. What, should she have a point and click nuke like Pyroblast minus the travel or cast times?
Come on, it’s bad enough both ults can easily catch an entire team. That one of them befits some setup and that the other has a small window of escape seems entirely fair considering their power and the fact that Orphea is quite powerful even disregarding her ults.

Like-- Orphea mains, relax. She’s still plenty powerful. Be happy you’re not in the place Probius’ Tower Defense got schmucked. That practically ripped the talent’s functionality right out.

I’d say “Be happy you’re not in Maiev’s position” Lol

But anyways, it is powerful to me also, i was just trying to interpret what the Orphea main was saying

I haven’t played with the Maiev changes but boy people seem mad at them-- but wasn’t she also in a super powerful position herself? It always seemed to me that Maiev was bad news any way she came about in a comp. Except maybe if she was the only melee.

I sympathize with having your favourite setups wrecked but sometimes there’s a good reason, you know? The point of the talent system is decidedly to AVOID cookie-cutter setups.

That said I’m not really a frequent Maiev player. I don’t really do well with her, as I find people are very wise and play a strong game of keep away with her.

The thing is that Maiev is a hard skill cap - high rewards hero. to shine, you need follow ups, and she then becomes really scary in high rank tiers (which is the fewer playerbase)

secondly, Maiev is a melee hero which makes her very exposable vs ranged heroes, she is also very very weak to CCS, stun, root, silence, blinds falstad guts, Bw emerauld wind, poly, and so on, so many things that can kill her in 1 second if she is not always on her guard. (mostly vs teams that have 4 ccs or more, in ranked you have to be twice as careful)

But unfortunately, Blizzard removed the high skill cap - high reward from her, along with her fun playstyle. She also has 0 self sustain: no shield/no self heals so she always has to rely on teammates and the only defense she has (with w build) is 30% armor at lvl 13 which isnt permanent anyways)

The devs just did a bad choice concerning her, and probably orphea or probius as well (i dont play them so i can;t say much but pple seem to be upset too)

She was also designed to counter high mobility heroes such as tracer and genji, for that you could do your maiev combos at lvl 16 and kill them. Now she can’t, so her purpose of countering them is now useless. and instead they counter you since you cannot do much against them except probably lvl 20 if you take the armor+speed reduction… but it is late game and really irrelevant at this point

1 Like

One way or another each hero get in the “rework grinder”. Just look at my profile pic for the best exemple of a “rework” where you end of with a new hero at the end.

There is others exemples as well. Veteran knows them.

It’s playstyle, really. Losing the fright combo really hit me hard, but once I realized I play super aggressively anyway, this change up actually benefited me. Now I just omnomnomnomnomnomnom the enemy team.

Good. A DPS with that much mobility shouldn’t have been in the game in the first place.

Are you serious or are you trolling?

Do you even know how to dodge or sidestep? You dodge on Q and bam there goes her mobility. She has hands down the most conditional mobility in the game - if she misses a Q she has no dashes, no MS, no blinks. You’ve obviously never played her if you think she has “so much mobility”.

If you have so much of a problem with her do you have a problem with Genji or Tracer with their infinite unconditional dashes? Hanzo with his ezpz get out of jail free card? Or heck even Valla with her roll and MS even though I think she’s very well balanced?

4 Likes