Cannot Connect on Launch

After launching I see about 10 seconds of “Authentication: Connecting…” then I get “Error: You were disconnected from Blizzard Services.” I click OK, then I’m stuck on “Connection Lost: Blizzard services may be temporarily unavailable or you internet connection may be down. The game will now try to reconnect,” until I eventually hit cancel. Then I’m back on the login screen, which takes forever to load, then errors out again after I try to log in.

I have tried scanning and fixing the game, and reinstalling. The game worked for me when I played a day or two ago. The issue also is not with my network, as my roommate is able to play just fine. I have no issues with logging in and playing either Hearthstone or Overwatch.

13 Likes

Same problem here and 4 more people can’t connect from 3 countries.

3 days later, and I have tried pretty much everything I can think of. I am still experiencing this same issue. Still completely unable to play the game.

1 Like

Virtually Exact same problem here (I’m on a iMac, if that means anything for technicalities). Once Hots finally loads up to where I’m supposed to be able to log in, there is nothing there but a loading circle and the “Options” and “Exit” buttons at the bottom right along with region change in the bottom left corner. Other than that, it is just a loading circle that does not go away after the game tells me that authentication failed and that I was disconnected from blizzard services. Even fell asleep with my computer on the loading circle and woke up 4 hours later to find that it still hadn’t gone away.

2 Likes

I also have this problem and would very much like some advice or a response.

1 Like

i have the exact same probleme has idleHandz. Can t connect keep getting a circle of doom. what’s going on with this game!? is there anyone still working on hots.

I am having a similar issue not only does it force me to manually log in every time now but it goes to the authenticator I click approve and then I get “you have been disconnected from blizzard services” then it takes me back to the log in screen.

1 Like

anybody on mac still getting this issue? i haven’t been able to play for 1 week now…

1 Like

Hey y’all,

Make sure you are launching the Blizzard app as Admin and then check for updates in Heroes by clicking the Options button above Play.

The following steps can also help in some situations:

If this persists, please create a new thread with a WinMTR test while running the game for about 5-10 minutes.

1 Like

finally some help. thank you. i was able to log in but now my Boost is over… kinda sucks to be honest. i lost all my remaining days because i wasn’t able to log in. can you help me out with the boost?

Posted the WinMTR test here

I am having this same issue. I get dropped and all it says is error. The blue text fix does not work and is not the problem.

So I see the blue post up top, However i don’t think that this issue is a one off. I’m not sure what’s going on any update or a link to a post where you are working on this would be appreciated. I’m not going to troubleshoot my pc anymore if it is on your end.

Thank you

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Tried to logon and I’m met with the message “Error. You were disconnected from Blizzard services.” and poof - right back to the logon screen. What is going on?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as well.

1 Like

Same here… takes a while to load, then show the authentication bar then says disconnected from blizzard services. yet wow, destiny 2, and other games load just fine.

1 Like

Still having this issue. Haven’t been able to play in about a week as well :confused:

Same issue. Nothing is helping.

It it were only one person Id say its ok its me, but several people with the same issue?

I have the same issue, was fine some hours ago and now suddenly I cant log into the game.
EDIT: Tried all of the workarounds and nothing helped.