Cannot Connect on Launch

They have updated the Blizzard launcher to state there are now logon issues. Follow @BlizzardCS for more info!

Yeah since this patch HotS and ONLY HotS has been disconnecting me automatically. Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 thankfully are not plagued by this error so it’s not my internet.

The provided solutions have not helped at all and not even attempting connecting to another country has worked. Though is did get me to the authenticator part before again simply saying disconnect as if it’s simply being refused than anything else.

Having the same problem here. I got an update. I crashed during a game of HoTs.
Now I can not connect to HoTs
error “you were disconnected from blizzard services”
I have tried reseting the router, modem, computer.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Same thing happening here. I was in the game and logged out for a moment and then when I try to log back in, I get the authentication message, then boom, disconnected from blizzard services. Other games (WoW and Diablo) work fine.

I’m having the same issue. Game was working 2 hours ago. My computer died during a game, and when I logged back in an hour later I got the issue above. Tried to login on 2 of my separate battle.net accounts to no avail.

Tried to connect to europe, but that went the same way.

Same. I click “Play” in the Blizzard Battlenet launcher, HotS boots up, goes to “Authenticating” screen, then says “Error: You were disconnected from Blizzard services” and jumps back to the login screen.

I was playing HotS just fine a few hours earlier and nothing changed in my PC’s setup so I’m 99% sure it’s not an issue on my end. I followed the instructions in Zenlaka’s post about deleting the cache, flushing the DNS, and, even though I doubt my antivirus is playing a role, temporarily disabled it anyway and I still cannot connect. A little bit of googling points to the issue being a DNS problem.

I’m having the same issue. I was logged in earlier today a few hours ago but not when I try it’s saying I’ve been disconnected from services. Seems Blizz is working on it and to follow @BlizzardCS for updates on twitter for anyone else having the same problem.

Wooow…Blizzard end-days are upon us. :frowning:

Seems like many are experiencing the issue.

Just to add my two cent - I first encountered the issue when playing on MacOS (2014 iMac). Tried the troubleshooting on this thread, which didn’t help. Then, I re-booted the same iMac on bootcamp into Windows 10 (I have HotS installed on that partition as well). Tried lauching the game in Win 10, and I still encounter the issue.

Definitely not an OS issue. Well, Blizz seem to be aware of the issue, so hopefully it gets resolved swiftly.

Posting the breakdown of my attempts in order:

• Changing region: no effect
  • Cancelling authentication: takes me properly to login screen (versus hanging on loading wheel). Failure to login from this screen then takes me to the OLD loading screen
  • Cache deletion: no effect
  • Tools deletion: had to relocate all the games (couldn’t find Destiny 2, fiance is going to freak out that it appears uninstalled!)…but no effect
  • DNS flush (including a bonus reset of my wifi connection): WORKED!

So, maybe try just resetting your connection first :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe that was all I needed. As a sidenote, we noticed issues downloading the Destiny 2 update last night. It slowed down to a massive crawl near the end of the patch. Also location is Australia, connecting to US West.

Has this been recognized as a App-Wide issue? This is clearly not a one-off situation. I’ve completed everything you’ve listed, less the WinMTR test. This is not a Networking/Firewall issue at all. Literally every other application on any equipment/devices are working fine.

(We) downloaded the update on two separate laptops and simultaneously had the same exact issue.

This was caused by the Patch, not an issue with Equipment or Network.

Please recognize this, and if you have enough employees left to work on it, fix it.

1 Like

Was able to log into the game like 2 hours ago.

Then I had this issue. With it getting stuck on “Error: You were disconnected from Blizzard Services”. As I am writing this, I wanted to log in again just to be sure.

Now I’m randomly logged into the game.

Blizzard, it’s an issue with your game not people’s setups.

1 Like

I deleted all my battle.net files on my Mac and now it’s working!

Unfortunately the game servers has been shut down. Luckily a new game called Hots Immortals will be available this will be a mobla or a “moblie multiplayer online battle arena”
None of your purchases will carry over from Hots to Hots Immortal :frowning:

DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONES!

1 Like

+1. Same is happening to me :frowning:

I live in an apartment at my university, so I connect through their internet. I haven’t been able to connect for over a week now on the wired connection. However, today I tested connecting via WiFi instead and it worked. Oddly, my friend is still able to play on the wired connection even though he connects to the exact same Ethernet switch. While connecting wirelessly is a functional workaround, this is still not preferred in the long term as WiFi is less stable than my wired connection. Is there any way to know what is going wrong here, or how to fix it?

Edit:
Seems I was only allowed to play one game, now I am having the same connection error again, even through the WiFi. The disconnect only occurred after the game was fully over, and after the Honor screen, but I am once again unable to log in at all.

I am dealing with the same problems as described in this thread. I tried to upload the WinMTR files to the other page, but for some reason I am not allowed to post with links, and it automatically recognized part of the data as links. I tried uploading the data as images, but found I cannot do that either. Thoughts?

Heya Spectre,

Since this thread is from December last year I’m going to go ahead and lock it. Be sure to post the winMTR results on a new thread!

As for posting winMTR, you can post the full report on the thread. Just put it in a quote box.

It should look like this after.