Recent Dust Grants and Missing Cards

Hey all,

We’re working to fix a few ongoing issues right now that we wanted to give you all more information about.

Last night (Pacific time), we started a heal-up that awarded many players some Arcane Dust (starting in the Americas region). That Dust was to compensate those players for a bug that allowed those players to get extra copies of uncraftable Golden cards from various sources, like monthly awards, Arena awards, and some products (but not Packs).

Those uncraftable Golden cards included cards from the Rewards Track and the Battle for Alterac Valley event. The heal-up was supposed to delete the extra copies of those uncraftable cards and award the affected players with Dust equal to the value of those cards. That’s why different players got different amounts of Dust—it depended on how many of those extra copies you had, and what rarities they were.

Unfortunately, as some of you have noticed, there were some issues with the heal-up. One issue was that several cards were included that weren’t supposed to be included, resulting in players getting more Dust than intended. A second issue was that some players got the Dust award twice. A third issue is that some players had too many cards deleted, leaving them with fewer copies in their Collections than intended. When we noticed these issues, we stopped the heal-up to avoid causing issues for more players.

The team is currently working on fixing these issues. We just ran a script to correct the Dust grants for people who got it twice, and are in the process of running a script for people who got too many cards deleted. Once these issues are fully resolved, the team will run a check to make sure the fixes have been run correctly and all appropriate adjustments have been made. Then, we will finish the initial refund in the Americas and start it in the other regions.

We will update this post when we have more information.

1/20 Update:

The heal-up correction has been completed in the Americas region. That correction included running a script that subtracted the same amount of Dust that was previously added to each account, and also added back in the cards that were previously mistakenly deleted. Then, the refunds were processed as initially intended. The refunds only properly apply to a very small number of players, so the end result is that most players ended up with 0 extra Dust. We’ve seen your concerns, and we’ll continue to investigate your reports, but we’ve looked into it extensively and have not seen any player end up with less Dust than they started with (except for any Dust they spent in between the two adjustments).

The original refund script has been fixed, and is now being rolled out in each of the other regions. Because it was adjusted, most players won’t see any affects from it.

We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused.

1/21 Update:

This process has now been completed in all regions. We’ll continue to investigate individual reports to make sure that the process is completed as intended.

16 Likes

Aww! So the generous windfall wasn’t a secret gift, but a bug? :/, and it’s being reverted?

23 Likes

of course, did you really think they were going to give double the dust a card is worth? :joy:

10 Likes

Buh, of course they weren’t just gonna let us keep it. Just say it’s a parting gift from Bobby.

2 Likes

Thank you for kindly informing us. I was very confused but pleasantly surprised upon logging in to seeing I had so much dust that I did not have before.

1 Like

Well 8800 Dust x2 Just turned into 2000 Dust. 14k was just taken out of the signs from the 16k before, and only single golden copies were restored. I’m assuming after a proper restore that amount will go down to 0, Thanks blizzard. XD.

Big grats to anyone who just went negative 10-14k dust in the hole lmao. XD

6 Likes

I wonder what people needed so badly to spend all the dust so quickly :joy:

1 Like

Another day, another “glitch” and yet another player somewhere unhappy.

Not sure whats left for buzzards next reveal maybe…

“Hi, we’re vampires and we live among you, (yes we eat you)”

2 Likes

I just lost dust I had before this “fix” - looks like the fix is removing more dust than intended, just like the initial one gave more dust than intended. Awesome.

14 Likes

We all saw this coming. No way they were going to let you keep the dust.

3 Likes

Well I already spent all the dust I was awarded except 400 of it (~10k)

I will happily go negative in dust if it means I will be able to craft another viable deck that I enjoy and have fun right now, rather than later.

I kind of figured they would roll back excess dust (that’s just how they do things, make an oopsie and the players have to pay for it) so I made sure to spend it before they could take away any extra dust that was a result of their own error.

And if they delete the cards that I crafted with said extra dust it’s no big deal for me to play other games again like I was already doing before. :slight_smile:

Either way I win. Get rekt Blizz… hopefully when Kotick leaves ya’ll can finally get your many issues in order.

9 Likes

Less dust than before and I’m missing cards to decks I actually play. Hope they fix this

12 Likes

I’ll try to save you some hassle here. I don’t think you’re rollback is working properly. I have completed the “honor” reward track. Right now, I have only one copy of the un-craftable Stormpike Aid Station. Also, I was initially given 5600 dust (once only), and had 5200 dust removed. That seems really odd to me. It would be the value of one golden common, 4 normal rare, or one normal epic. None of those fall into the category of cards being adjusted for.

2 Likes

Blizzard when Tyrantus is missing his text:
Sleep

Blizzard when Cookie has a kill 180 beast tasks for several months.
sleep

Blizzard when f2p players obtain free dust within 5 hours.

HAH, YOU FOOLS THOUGHT IT WAS A GIFT, BUT I, BLIZZARD DIOVANNI, HAVE ALREADY TOUCHED THE UNGIVE DUST BUTTON!

“My Scamaz is… inevitable.”

8 Likes

That would seem to be the value they gave to one golden copy of Stormpike Aid Station. At least that’s the amount they seem to have given me for each missing golden honor track objective spell.

They seem to be rolling out the dust removal and return of the goldens in stages.

When they replace your Aid Station, the totals will add up again.

at least in this way they will minimize the damage done by players who doesn’t know what’s going on

you forgot maestra who disguises you as a rogue :joy:

1 Like

wish i woulda spent all that dust.
those that did were smart.
if they dont delete the cards you crafted with it.

that’s the big detail they haven’t revealed.

if you spend 11kish or so on cards do you go red dust, or are the cards actually reverted?
bc if its just red dust thats nothing, we all missed out on a great oppotunity to get tons of cards right now.

if its card reverting then yea it made 0 difference if you spend the dust or not.

would be nice to know this detail blizz…
a 0 interest loan of a massive scale on dust is wayyyy better than having to wait like a year to get that kind of dust saved.

can you revert the dust back so i can spend it and then go negative 11k?
can’t you give us that choice / 0 interest loan? it was there, now its not, seems fair to let us choose.

3 Likes

you go into negative dust, which is way worse than having 10 legendaries for the current meta.

How many cards from last year have been played during this year?
I think it is more important to craft the next “the demon seed” with 1600 dust in 7 months, than the former “thief rogue” who won’t be supported in the next year probably (and so it will die).

Having the flexibility on what to craft when you are missing something is a powerful tool that we have thanks to dust.
Having 10 new legendary cards that fits in many decks that will be obsolete in 3 months (and can’t be upgraded if you don’t open new legendary cards, since you are now at negative dust) it’s not worth it imo.

Unless someone started playing recently and got 8K-16K dust (improbable since you needed duplicates of uncraftable, which is rare), going in negative dust will be a nightmare; probably some players would quit (or at least pretend to) because of it

My point of view is: you are now getting a free loan from your bank and you use it to buy a lot of electronic stuff, but tomorrow the bank tells you “until you give me back the money I gave you, you won’t be able to buy anything again”.
The things you bought today seems “good” and “valuable”, but in 6 months they will be already obsolete and you can’t buy the newest version.
Selling them will also pay 1/4 of your debt, so it’s not a solution.

The best thing to do would be to change bank and start from scratch (so change game or do a new account), or play wild (hoping new standard cards won’t be as important as questlines were).
Or just get lucky and find whatever card you need from packs :joy:

1 Like

Except a golden rare is 800 dust and a normal rare is 100 dust. I’m at +400 dust relative to yesterday.

getting it twice will be reverted…

unless i missed something those who got it once and more than intended will get to keep it !