Really blizzard why would you do this

My account has apparently been banned and the reason given was i was botting which makes no sense to me because i dont even know the first thing about botting where i would go to do it or even the tools one would use to bot i get i play alot more then alot of people because im an achievement hunter and lately i have been trying to get all characters to 1k wins so i got alot of play time ahead of me so much so that i have played for 30 hour stretches at times more so now that duels was taken down so it takes even longer to complete games and if there is evident bot use on my account then its not drom me and i need to change my login info the last thing i would do is jeopardize my accout since i have had it the better part of 10 years and have actually put money into it so it stands to reason i would not do things that could remotely get myself banned even when players stop me in a match and then send a friend request right after i wait a minimum of 2 days before accepting so i dont say anything wrong to them because im upset

2 Likes

And me as well for same reason

2 Likes

Well its like i said in the ticket to dispute that if there is such activity on my account then its someone else who managed to get my info and i changed my info shortly after

:thinking: that’s exactly what a botter would say :thinking:

but it’s also exactly what an innocent person would say

Nevermind, ban completely justified. Especially if you didn’t bot. That’s unironically crazy. Uninstall and touch grass

Haha with how crazy the world is these days and how expensive things are i prefer to stay home in the company of my puppy and i do get out quite a few times a day im just making the slow crawl towards the acievement completion i made this character after losing my origional account which was in the 1200 player numbers so its not like they are all really low most are over 500 wins and im just working my way there as i play

You all don’t understand how this works do you?

People you play report you and once you get so many reports it bans you. No actual human does any research into it, they just let the players decide who needs to be banned.

There is another game that does this, and innocents got banned all the time simply because they were letting their AI handle everything and it doesn’t research.

1 Like

I think this is pretty much obvious, at least before the appeals process. I mean, let’s just take a quick look at the numbers:

240k in about 22 days, that’s about 80k per week. If a standard work week has 40 hours, that’s 2k per hour. So if three entire minutes were dedicated to “research” on average per account, they’d need a team of 100 people whose only job is researching potential bot accounts. That’d be insane, and 3 minutes isn’t much time anyway.

When they post those kinds of numbers they are pretty much telling you that they don’t personally research bans, it’s some kind of automation. Maybe it’s not 100% user reports, maybe there’s some other method that they use, but whatever it is it is programmed and not handled personally.

And even if only 1% of those banned accounts submit appeals, if they expect a single employee to handle those appeals, even if they give them literally zero other work, they’d have about 3 minutes per appeal if they don’t want to fall behind. They probably instead subcontract bot ban appeals to some third world call center style operation, whoever is the lowest bidder, and the experience a player would have with them is probably little better than talking to a bot. In any case, Blizzard is banning at such a frantic rate where I don’t see how they could possibly keep up quality.

1 Like

I am realy hopes that they unbanned me! Missing HS

1 Like

Not only that but i feel like my loyalty to the company all these yearms means nothing great customer service blizzard

1 Like

Really though, don’t play for 30 hours straight. That is probably why they banned you. It’s hard to believe a human could do that.

You all don’t understand how this works do you?

People you play report you and once you get so many reports it bans you. No actual human does any research into it, they just let the players decide who needs to be banned.

That’s not all there is to it. Given the situation described in this thread, the system probably also looks at how long you play without breaks, which in most cases would be a good indicator of bot activity. It could easily check other things as well, but it’s impossible to say without analyzing all the false positives.

I get you dont really understand it and thats cool but i really do have an addiction to video games and im not just saying that its hard to explain but there a consistent urge to keep playing keep doing better keep raising my rank so much so that i cant help myself and mix that woth my insomnia i can very easily do 30 hour stretces orlf game time and not have it bother me i get from some peoples stand point thats bad but it doesnt hurt anyone and im not going to get “some pill” as some would say to do i hate prescription medication so much so i havnt seen a doctor in over a decade

So, another “the police only arrest guilty people” mindset.

And again, if this was done by someone NOT trolling for the company, that post would have been 404’d already…especially for using these words:

Also

This.