Patch 23.0.1 Patch Notes

Patch 23.0.1 is a server-side hotfix, deploying right now. The patch includes balance changes to Battlegrounds and Duels, a pre-emptive balance change for Standard, and bug fixes.

Balance Changes:

• In order to prevent an unintended interaction after Standard rotation, Pandaren Importer is changing from a 2-mana 1/3 to a 3-mana 2/4. Because this is a server-side patch, Pandaren Importer will appear as though its stats have been affected by an in-game effect. This will be updated in an upcoming patch. Because of this change, regular copies of Pandaren Importer will be able to be disenchanted for their full dust value until April 20 at 10 a.m. Pacific. (Golden copies of Pandaren Importer are not craftable because they were on the United in Stormwind rewards track).
  • Sub Scrubber (Ini Stormcoil’s Buddy) has been moved from Tavern Tier 2, to Tavern Tier 4. Because this is a server-side hotfix, the Tavern Tier will not appear correctly at hero selection or when hovering over the Buddy Meter. This will be updated in a later full patch.
  • Varden Dawngrasp and Ini Stormcoil have been moved from Armor Tier 2 (2-5 Armor) to Armor Tier 1 (0 Armor).
  • Wildfire and Malygos are banned from deck creation in Duels.
  • The Legendary Loot and Unstable Magic Passive Treasures were moved to the Ultra Rare Pool 2.

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements:

• New: Fixed a bug that caused this weekend’s pre-release Fireside Gatherings to be unable to use the new Sunken City deck recipes.
  • Fixed the visual bug that caused the Ranked Season Rewards celebration to appear blank.
  • Fixed a bug where Kurtrus, Demon Render counted times your hero was attacked as well as times you attacked with your hero.
  • Fixed a bug where secrets played after Freezing Trap would not trigger after Freezing Trap activated to remove the trigger condition. For example, after this bug fix, if a player plays Freezing Trap and then Explosive Trap, and the enemy attacks the player with a minion, the Freezing Trap will activate to return the attacking minion and then the Explosive Trap will trigger.
  • Fixed a bug where Emergency Maneuvers could cause an enemy minion to go Dormant.
  • Fixed a bug where Pathmaker would create extra history tiles throughout games.
  • Improved Battlegrounds performance related to when minions buffed “for the rest of the game” appear in Bob’s Tavern during the Recruit Phase.
  • Temporarily removed the “The Good Stuff” Darkmoon Prize from Tickatus’s Prize pool in order to avoid a bug. The Prize is expected to be returned to Tickatus’s Prize pool in a later patch, when the bug is resolved.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would crash if you got a Mysterious Stranger encounter after already completing all Tasks for all Mercenaries you own. Now, if there are not enough visitors with available Tasks to fill the three options, it will select random Mercenaries to fill those slots. You will then be able to select a Mercenary as normal and, if that Mercenary does not have any Tasks to offer, you will get Coins for that Mercenary.
  • Fixed a bug where the Reshape Deathblow would copy the target’s Equipment twice.
  • Fixed a bug where the “Mecha Magic!” Duels card bucket was inaccurately labeled as “Big Spell.”
  • Fixed a bug where players who already had a complete Curse of Naxxramas collection when Patch 23.0 went live could not claim the Diamond Loatheb reward that was added in the patch.
2 Likes

Sunken city fireside gatherings are bugged and the new cards/deck recipes cannot be tested.

Yes, thanks. The team is aware and working on a fix, hopefully for this weekend, this hotfix was just already in flight at the time this issue was first discovered.

And what about adventure bugs, like not even starting at all? For example, Dalaran Heist, Tombs of Terror and Galakrond’s Awakening is still unavailable for me since I bought them about half a year ago

1 Like

More hotfixes, still nothing about the spectate issue when I picked out in a battleground lobby. Is there a way to get some attention to this one as this is now something that has been happening for over 2 months.

Thank you. This helps put my worried mind at ease.

There is a weird stuff since the new patch in Mercs-mode:
Like: If i set up a PvE Fight then quit for more than 30 mins (IF i log back within 30 mins, it act like normal)
Before the patch: The game will count that as a lost and auto-retired that run and got 120 XP for that.
after the patch: there are 2 outcome:
1/ I got send back to the map to continue that bounty and No XP reward.
2/ Return mid-fight, like before, but that count as a newly started fight, and if i finish that fight i got little to no XP, not the 168 XP for a long fight.

Will you unnerf Pandaren Importer as soon there is more rogue spell in standard please? Asking cause I play this card on many of my wild decks its a good turn 2 play but now its worthless and most of my wild decks suffer from this change and I think it’s unfair for wild player to pay the sin for a theory crafted OTK that has yet to prove to be good on competitive.

TL:DR : please unnerf Pandaren Importer as soon as rogue get more spell in standard.

2 Likes

Why would you nerf the Pandaren, it is a fine and unic card that is victim of te sircunstances. Shadow Step is actually the powerfull card. Or to keep everybody happy, just make a rule between the Pandaren and Shadow Step.

1 Like

Yes, a “nicer” fix would be to add a couple more class cards in the core set. They dont have to be good, just filler cards to avoid this problem.

So, are we getting full dust refound on these?
Just crafted Malygos for some duels shenanigans and then there’s this :confused:

3 Likes

Really hope you can add Ranked rewards progression for the newly added League of Explorers in Duels. Maybe have it add up to the class of the Signature Treasure you pick.

Any chance the website will be updated with the new core set so we can theorycraft ahead of launch?

2 Likes

How dare you to ask those people to actually work and use more of their brain?

Couldn’t you really use the in-game notification systems to alert gamers about this (and every) server-side patch?. Should the majority of gamers be surprised by the changes?

is Heathstone no longer compatible on Chromebooks?

By the HOLY LIGHT! The game jumped six patches in the pin in such a short time! No wonder it’s so unstable!

Edit: no wait, apparently patch 17 and 23 are running concurrently, and THAT’S why it’s unstable.

Glad to see the “Good Stuff” card issue is being looked at, thank you Dev’s for looking into this issue so quickly!!

Whoever manages the HS site should be fired. We’ve been asking for this for two weeks and it can’t be that hard to do.

3 Likes