Forced 2nd place in Battlegrounds?

I was playing Battlegrounds after the newest patch and performing rather well - on my third game, I was on a large win-streak with a very solid Menagerie build. When it came down to the top 3 remaining, I was slated to battle the guy in third.

I won that battle, eliminating the player in third place, putting me into a 1v1 against the guy in first. However, after returning to the tavern, instead of being given the opportunity to purchase or sell minions, or shuffle my board around, I was instead greeted by the ‘2nd place’ end screen. I had 11 health remaining, and most certainly did not lose the last battle I was in, nor did I ever have a chance to play against the guy in 1st place.

Is this intentional? Did he somehow fight against my board without me being aware of it? Is this an exploit? I’m not sure, but I feel as if I was robbed of a potential victory - even if I couldn’t beat him, I would’ve liked to have had a chance to try, or to at least see the outcome.

48 Likes

Same thing happened to me at the same time.

1 Like

Yep, same happened to me. A guy who quit way earlier in the game stopped losing health after the first round, faced against them once after they quit where they operated like any basic dead player just their health didn’t move. When we got down to the last 3 players and I beat the other guy I was forced into 2nd place at the end without facing the player that quit.

4 Likes

something similar, but not quite the same happened to me. when it was down to three people, I could never fight one of the three remaining. and in fact I went three or so rounds against the person in first without either of us fighting the person in 3rd. eventually after beating the person in first, I was stuck as second. Which is especially weird because when I looked at the trade history it appeared that I took off 36 health from them.

1 Like

Similar just happened to me; we were 3 left. Me and one of the other people fought 3 or 4 times in a row. Finally I knocked him out, and then the game ended with me alive in #2nd place and the guy who faced neither me or the guy I knocked out as #1.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me too. I had an invincible line-up and somehow a player without any minions took first place. I have proof of this too if needed.

3 Likes

Exact same thing happened to me, a 38 health Malygos with murlocs at Tavern Tier 1 was the last person I needed to beat to get first but after I took down the third person I automatically got 2nd place.

1 Like

Same here! Very annoying. I was definitely getting first place, but now I missed out on the achievements.

2 Likes

Today was the second time that happened to me, looks like it is known bug if somebody disconnects :confused:

1 Like

Just got the same issue. Was second place with George and just beat third place and should have been a 1v1. Nevertheless, I got 2nd place out of nowhere while, presumably, the other guy got first place. I really doubt he just disconnected as he was almost full health and on a streak. His portrait did not grey out or anything.
Also got a SS if needed showing second placement and my portrait along with 1st places portrait. They are blurred as usual but it can be vaguely noticed that first place is still up and running with almost full health and with me still in the game (and possibly even win xD).

1 Like

Same happened to me, the last player (supposedly the 1st) isn’t actually in the game. I watched carefully as the bug appeared the 2nd time. The player left, but afterwards, instead of putting him at the bottom, it showed him as active, with a FIXED HP. So even if you do run into him as a bot later on, his HP will never drop and when you finish the game, you auto get 2nd place

2 Likes

the same thing has happened to me 3 separate times so far.

1 Like

Same thing happen to me just now seems like a common bug Can some blue guy tell us if it is known as a bug from the dev team ?

1 Like

I had the same glitch 1st place sold all his warband on 8 gold quit and got 1st place.

1 Like

Yeah what Jimmy said hope the fix it soon.

1 Like

I just had the same thing happen to me as well.
Sad cause it might have been my first 1st place.

1 Like

This just happened to me as well. I noticed something was off when there were four of us left but I was getting matches with the person in fifth place instead of one of the remaining players. I was in third, knocked out the player in second and then was awarded second place.

1 Like

Ca fait 2 fois en 2 jours que ça me le fait, mais les 1ers en question sont taverne 1 ou 2, ils ont une grande partie de leur vie et ont 2 combats d’affichés, et souvent le même avec les même dégats, par la même personne) … Deux fois où je gagnais … et deux fois où ce personnage ne combat personne à part le premier combats quand il entre en jeu, rien de plus …

1 Like

Happened to me yesterday. I was still alive with a good build and other players were alive, too. Then I was greeted with 2nd place with no chance to play the remaining player(s).

1 Like

Happened to me the same, I was playing as George and got an invinsible line-up (6 murlocs, all of them with divine shield and 5 of them poisonous). I won almost every single round and when it were 3 players remaining I battled twice in a row with the 3rd place. After that it pops out that I got the 2nd place even thought when I still had more than 30 HP

1 Like