Even single-player game is rigged

Yes, I suppose I’ll start yet another ‘rigged’ thread, this time — regarding solo content, and ‘Mythic Boss Rush’ in Mercenaries in particular.

The strategy for beating those rushes often relies on specific treasures. After each boss, up to two of your mercs (out of maximum 6 in a party) are offered a choice of three possible treasures, so each of them has a 50% chance to discover the right one (for those who failed their maths classes and combinatorics in particular: (5*4*3/3!)/(6*5*4/3!)=1/2)).

So, a few questions, some of them rhetoric.

1. What’s the chance for two of your mercs ‘whiffing’ on the treasure, i.e. not getting the specific one you want? (Spoiler for dummies: 0.25)
  2. What are the odds for doing so, say, four or five times in a row? (Again, for those who stink at maths, be no stupid, have ‘educayshun tu stronk’ and so on: 1/2^8 or 1/2^10, i.e. less than 0.4% and 0.1% respectively).
  3. What is the chance for hitting these odds consistently and regularly, i.e. for several boss rushes in a row or something like it? If one is so lucky, maybe he or she should play a lottery? :smirk: (Suggested answers: not great and probably not, although this one was supposed to be rhetoric.)
  4. Do you truly believe the game is not rigged? (I leave this one up to you.)

Alright, I suppose it’s time to wait for those white knights and shills to emerge with their… ridiculous :grinning: OPINIONS, foam in the corners of their mouths and babbling frantically something like, ‘Di saentifik metod! Trogg no stupid! Trogg make you stupid! Game no rigged, trogg see no EVIDENCE! Trogg smash stupid!’ :rofl:

3 Likes

It is weekend. You need to wait for monday, once they are again on the clock.

Don’t some of them live on the forum almost 24/7 with some occasional breaks for basic needs? :grinning: Or were you referring to those who are ‘back to the office’ or whatever it was called within Bli$$ard — that particular portion?

The fanboys will never accept this. Just forget about it and unninstall like me.

With all respect, do you really wish to tell me what to do? :grinning: Have you considered the possibility that I’ll manage and figure it out on my own somehow? :grinning:

Most people can’t accept let alone handle the truth. Cognitive dissonance is a mind block they can’t get past. Hence the term “ignorance is bliss”

1 Like

Funny, but when it happens, they tend to accuse you of ‘cognitive biases’ and say something along the lines that you cannot trust your own senses and head, but you can trust us. :rofl: