[Main Thread] Can't load past title screen on Kindle

I updated to the latest patch yesterday. Hearthstone is stuck on the loading screen for me and never progresses past it. I’ve tried rebooting my Kindle Fire and am still having the same issue.

Hearthstone is currently at 18.4.60352
I am using a Kindle Fire HD 10 (7th generation) tablet running Fire OS 5.6.7.0

1 Like

I updated to 18.6.63160 today and still have the same issue where I am stuck on the loading screen. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall Hearthstone and the behavior is the same.

Clearing the cache and data did not change the behavior of being stuck at the title screen.

1 Like

Blizzard, any response to this pervasive issue, other than your post 26 days ago (which didn’t work for me)? You literally have customers trying to buy your products and are unable to.

1 Like

Hearthstone is stuck on the tavern doors title loading screen for me and never progresses past it. I’ve changed my Blizzard account password, uninstalled Hearthstone, shut down my Kindle, restarted it and reinstalled Hearthstone. After starting Hearthstone, I am still stuck on the loading screen and am still having the same issue that I was experiencing prior to running of the above steps. Clearing the cache and data did not change the behavior of being stuck at the title screen either.

Hearthstone is currently at 18.6.63160.
I am using a Kindle Fire HD 10 (7th generation) tablet running Fire OS 5.6.7.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

informer

1 Like

I can report I’m having the exact same issue with the same hardware and software versions.

Thanks for your reports! I’m checking to see if there may be any issues our teams aware of for the moment. This does seem a bit inconsistent from the last time it happened though that I want to check for a few things here.

• Try the workaround posted above.
  • Try logging into a brand new or different account, then try logging into your main account.
  • If you are using the google drive to login, select no and please try manually logging in using the Blizzard account information instead.
  • Try seeing if the problem continues on a different connection if possible.

If all of these suggestions fail, I’ll provide any information we receive from our team here, but I strongly encourage you to contact our customer support team directly to see if we can work through this a bit further.

Thanks for the response. As you can see from my post, I’ve tried following the workaround posted above (changing password, uninstall, reboot, fresh install). My account works fine on PC and iOS. It’s just the Kindle Fire that doesn’t work.

The reason that this issue is critical to me is because I own a lot of Amazon coins. I use these coins to purchase sets and packs from the Blizzard store. I currently cannot preorder or purchase anything since I can’t even load the game on my Kindle Fire (I can’t even choose an account or get to the main menu to sign in). I am not using Google drive to log in since it is in the Amazon ecosystem (Android Play Store and other Google features are disabled or not installed).

My money in Amazon Coins is effectively being held hostage because I cannot access my account to spend them in the Blizzard Shop.

Appreciate the details! We’ve attempted to replicate the issue on our end, and it does seem to happen after the patch goes through, but usually the request after has been going through successfully for us.

Requested for files removed - no longer needed.

I do still strongly advise to contact our support team to look into possible account issues if all the suggestions in the post above did not help. We haven’t been able to successfully replicate the issue, but we are looking into this.

There are no folders that start with com.blizzard located in the Android > data directory (I have some com.amazon folders along with other folders for other games like com.disney, com.mojang, com.netflix, etc.). I have tried to uninstall/reinstall/reboot and clear cache/data multiple times so that must be the reason why it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

So I’m having this issue on a 7th Gen Fire HD running Fire OS 5.6.7.0 on a satellite internet wifi connection

Is it worth doing the “change password work around”? Or should I just wait and hope it gets fixed.

I opened a support case and after providing as much information as I could, Blizzard told me that there was nothing they could do which is very disappointing. I’ve invested a ton of money and time into the game and I am SOL now.

This was their response:
I’m afraid this issue does exist for a while already, as discussed in the following forum thread:

Unfortunately, we don’t have any new information about this. I can only hope, that a solution will be found soon. I’m very sorry for the trouble.

Best regards

Game Master Nafgiroth
Blizzard Entertainment

2 Likes

Updated game last night after having to uninstall and reinstall after update wouldn’t load. Now the game gets to the logo and stops. Wi-Fi connection on a Fire that is running the latest software 5.6.7.0

2 Likes

Hey, I have the same exact issue on my Kindle Fire. Check out my posts over the last several days in this thread:

Hopefully Blizzard does something about this sooner than later - it seems a bunch of people are having the same issue where Hearthstone is no longer working on the Kindle Fire and doesn’t get past the title screen.

2 Likes

This issue is happening to me again. I haven’t been able to play for over a week.

Same for me, password workaround, multiple reloads, nothing works, stuck on main title screen. using a fire hd 10 7th gen. Account works fine on my phone, pc, etc

I too am ailed by such unfortunate bull excrement.
Whatever will I do?

I am seeing the same issue on my Fire 8. Any more news if there is a fix for this issue? I tried clearing data/cache and doing all of the updates but it is stuck on the loading screen.

UPDATE: I tried loading Hearthstone on the latest generation of Fire 8. It seemed to work fine. There seems to be something up with my older generation Fire 8. I wonder if this is consistent with what other people are seeing?

Thank you for reports so far. Our teams looked into this and it seems that the problem is caused with devices that do not have enough memory. At this moment, this is the only information we have. If you do have another device, that is an alternative until we receive more details.

And now it’s happened again. Only this time changing my password and reinstalling didn’t work.

I’m getting pretty annoyed, I can only play on my T-mobile Note 9, on wifi, or I have to switch to 2g ( restart my phone ).
My kindle fire HD10 ( 7th generation )
Fire OS 5.6.7.0 ( 657612520 )
Wasn’t working for a bit, ( a few weeks ) then started working, but lagging out after a few games, I’d just restart and it would be fine.
Yesterday it started crashing, and I would have to load it a few times, it would work.
Today, no matter what I try, it gets to the loading screen, displays " Hearthstone " and stops.
I have tried switching through 3 different wifi connections, I’ve enabled a vpn, etc, and still get frozen.
I’ve downloaded, installed, uninstalled ( both Google Play, and Amazon )

The first time it stopped working for me was right after a Blizzard patch, nothing changed on my device, or wifi.

I pull 100Mbps down, consistently, and 80Mbps up ( consistently ).

I have 14 gig of space left on my tablet ( with Hearthstone installed ).