[BUG] The selected deck is not valid for this game mode

It says that my Decks are not complete but they are. And when I do get in the Q it gives me a Error that says Deck not Valid for this game mode?

10 Likes

I get the same issue with 2 of my decks. Also, I have a number of decks that are complete but it says that they are missing cards. After the patch I was able to play on my phone. But, once I got home and got on my comp, I go this issue. I then uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Same issue. Tried to play on my phone. Same thing with the decks.

I submitted a ticket. The told me to repair the game. I knew that wasnt going to work but i did it anyway. SO guess what happenedā€¦ nothing changed.

This is really getting annoying.

4 Likes

Blizz you say to post bugs here. But to days later no reply still have the same problems. You make it hard to get support not cool Bliz FIX your game!

6 Likes

Howdy!

We cover this issue in our known issues thread Here.

Decks can show missing cards in the Collection Manager.
(Note: Editing the deck twice may help resolve this issue)

Sorry for any confusion but bugs should be posted on our Bug Report forums located Here. I always recommend checking the Known Issues thread first before posting on the bug report forums.

Thank you!

1 Like

Iā€™ve edited my deck every time i log in and itā€™s still not working.
Cā€™mon fix it or roll back the ā€˜patchā€™
Paying customers here even though we are not in China our money is good.

3 Likes

I try to play in wild but it tells me my deck isnā€™t right for the game type. Isnā€™t wild for all cards?

Error reads: ā€œthe selected deck is not valid for this game mode.ā€ It comes up after searching for a little while.

Iā€™m a nooby at forums. I donā€™t know how to post the screenshot.

2 Likes

i tried editing the deck a couple of timesā€¦ issue still remains

1 Like

Itā€™s been five days since the last post. When will blizzard fix this? Im a new player and am just trying to get used to the game mechanics. 7/10 times I canā€™t even play do this error. Iā€™m about to just give up on playing this game.

1 Like

Also having this trouble. Canā€™t even play the game. Thatā€™s cool.

1 Like

I also just got off chat from with tech support and the guy was pretty much like ā€œI canā€™t really help you, did you make sure there are no wild cards or over 30 cards in your deck?ā€ Iā€™m like yes manā€¦but he didnā€™t have a solution

This is ridiculous. Game breaking; been going on over a week; posted on the known issues and poor communication. Canā€™t believe this is what we can expect now.

4 Likes

I found a weird solution? If you havenā€™t beaten all 9 of the beginner level bosses and unlocked them all, this problem is way more prevalent.

Started a week ago, havenā€™t even got all my heros to level 10 so far. The mage deck is broken, getting the same error message. I tried a campaign and after that it was broken, so I canā€™t level the mage up any more. I tried all, manually building copies with total different cards etc.

Sometimes iut happens to paladin or shaman as well. Then I just restart the game and it works again. But the mage is completely broken. What a gamebreaker ā€¦ havenā€™t thaught a game that is online for so long might feel so ā€˜betaā€™.

1 Like

Longer than that. Since 11/5/19, theyā€™ve done nothing to fix several bugs Blizzardā€™s new patch created that others reported:

1 Like

I get this in every mode and it just started randomly. Iā€™d been playing practice mode and everything was fine. Then I tried some other modes and this started, now I canā€™t play any mode. Iā€™m new to the game so I donā€™t understand whatā€™s causing it. Iā€™ve tried deleting the pack and letting it auto fill. I tried rebuilding it. I tried logging out & back inā€¦ nothing. Game is now unplayable.

I solved it!

Go to the deck that isnt working and check all the cards, if there is a duplicate but they are listed separately that means it glitched and you only have one of that card, if so replace it or craft the second one. Thats why it says ā€œ1 card shortā€ or something.

3 Likes

This worked for me!

Blockquote
Emzy
I solved it!
Go to the deck that isnt working and check all the cards, if there is a duplicate but they are listed separately that means it glitched and you only have one of that card, if so replace it or craft the second one.
Thats why it says ā€œ1 card shortā€ or something

This worked for me! Was my issue exactly.

THANK YOU! Definitely a bug.

Iā€™ve tried editing twice on iPad and desktop. Iā€™ve tried deleting and re-creating the deck. No luck.

What is being done to resolve this issue?

1 Like

Iā€™m unable to use Kazakus in my wild Rogue deck. It only works if I remove Kazakus.

1 Like

Still having this issue with my shaman deck. Was there a working solution? Iā€™ve tried the solutions listed in this thread with no fix. Thanks.

2 Likes