Bot-Ban Update—March 2024

Hello all,

We have another quick update on our continued fight against botting in Hearthstone. Since last month’s bans, we’ve continued to refine our bot-detection systems. This week, we actioned nearly 85,000 accounts for botting. We’re continuing our efforts against these cheaters, and you can continue helping by using the in-game reporting function to report suspected bots.

10 Likes

Including a bunch of real players, for things are (scaring old time pipe organ music) as CLOSING THE GAME!

Oh noes, the horrors! By standard, ban ropers. Please, for the love of The Holy Light, ban ropers!

How about actually banning (and I know this is controversial)…you know…ACTUAL BOTS!

5 Likes

so now bots are people?or what is this about i did a searc hon reddit and didnt find a thread with players mentioning they were banned for closing the game

all i could find is someone getting a 2 week suspension for a message he sent on a chat (added to friend list after winning )

No, set reading comprehension to “1” and trolling to “0.” Clearly they need to ban bots, NOT people. Especially on the forums.

1 Like

they litertally banned bots is written on the OP

say stuff all the time that isn’t true.

I’d say you’re new here, but really.

bot ban waves are always good news

i know you cant be trusted
but i searched reddit for posts about getting banned after closing the game and find a single thread

projection, the post.

And there you go since you found one there, you should look for the many examples of people being banned for other reasons too. Maybe you should look here too…interesting how you suddenly can’t search the forums all of a sudden.

you first post mentions “a bunch”

so bunch means “1”?

a bunch. Unless they disabled your ability to search your home servers, look around. I alos posted:

I know they didn’t encode you with a decent language module, and I’ll admit there were some typos in my post…but I gave one example. Meaning there were others.

See if they’ll enable your ability to search around the forums here again.

I have no idea who went to the bathroom in your cereal bowl, but obviously you;ve been hurt. SO much so you cannot do anything but be so toxic when interacting with others. I feel bad for you, you must be in such misery. I hope you get to feel better one day. Genuinely.

Do you have proof or do you just believe everyone who claims they do not bot in a public forum with semi-anonymous people? I personally do try to help those people, but I don’t have proof to the point of complaining to the Devs that they didn’t ban them legitimately.

2 Likes

Bot bans are a hard pill to swallow cus they remove potential players from the game but its needed to retain players. It should have been done in 2020 but a fire sale was happening.
Theres an easy way to retain bot players but limit them, place them in a virtual server against themselves that doesnt reward playtime.

1 Like

Problem code: 166944
Violation: Use of third-party programs to automate the game process (bots)

Help, please, this is the second time in the last month of playing that I have received information that my account is blocked. Reason: using third-party programs to automate game processes (bots). This reason cannot in any way apply to me, from the installed programs for Hearthstone I I only used HearthstoneDeckTracker and nothing else, I contacted support and they haven’t answered me for more than a day, I don’t know what to do, but I need to figure this out, BattleTag-Jostik#21329. Please, help!

It’s certainly good that you’re getting rid of bots, but why ban ordinary people?

1 Like

Help please, I didn’t break anything!

2 Likes

If they banned each instance of botting as it was reported or in a very short turn around time of it, the people making the bot software can learn what has changed that is getting the attention of the system for the ban and they can make incremental changes to adapt and overcome what blizz has changed. This goes back and forth endlessly.

In the method that blizz uses where they do large sweeping ban waves all at once every so often, they cannot do the incremental adjustments to overcome. Also, and this is most important, if they do it this way, the player that was a customer of both entities cannot get their money back from either blizzard nor the bot software sellers. Even if thru a paypal style transaction, if its been a long enough time the bot user loses the most as well as being banned. Punishing the correct people the harshest. in this method it makes it unlikely the bot software sellers will get return customers so it becomes a diminishing returns type endeavor to provide the bot software.

Getting bot bans once every year or maybe as much as every 6 months is the ideal long term best outcomes strategy.

I deleted my previous reply because i have the info needed in this one
Hi here is my proof i did not bot i opening hs replay to play the game and thus have my replays before i was banned

Earl Rufus
Here is conclusive proof i was not a bot merely somone who got annoyed on ladder for dropping from rank 7/8 to 10

You can clearly start to see me get angry and tilted after each game and starting to concede alot earlier then usual

After some wins and losses i started to do this because i was losing and severly tilted
and started to do this alot in many games

In some games did play a few turns and then concede anyway this was my last game before i was banned.
I was now supremly annoyed that i had gone from rank 7 or 8 to diamond yet again in the replay below.

So because i afk close game i was considered a bot i reckon i was tilted i should have taken a break from the game instead i continued to play tilted…

You can check my games played this was all the last week before my account got banned.

All this happend wihtin the space of a few days i am many things im not a cheater i wil post this new info on my ticket on twitter i wil not rest till my name is cleared please help me and from my side i wil try and play the game in a more positive manner.

3 Likes

Please visit the EU server, there are NO bots there.

Issue ID: #93588294
Offense: Exploitation of game mechanics

I have a bot problem: blizz apparently uses them, and they violate their standards and code of conduct, ruining real players game experience. A lot of us inquires as I did about “what did I do wrong?” And we get the same exact reply of no substance. That is my “bot problem”.

I come from a different forum thread following the advice of a fellow puzzled hs player, who got suspended for undisclosed reasons.

If you suspend someone for something specific at least tell them the reason. If you do 1) they can change their behaviour or 2) they can defend themselves.

Or just go with the “just because I can according to the terms”. That would be understandable, and save time for both parties. (This is irony)

3 Likes