Blizzard pairing Casual to Standard Ranking at lower Diamond

Different opponents but all brought basic decks with free cards. 90% I met between D10 and D5 are so basic. They bring Yeti in the deck … all free cards…

Question: what da hell is going on?
My theory is : Blizzard made a coding mistake and they are pairing casual players to the Standard ranking.

I just made Diamond 5 and only met two meta decks. The rest are all free to play decks.

This is crazy. If not casual players, they are bots then.
One more thing, they don’t quit until the last card. This is CRAY CRAY

2 Likes

I said it before. MAYBE THEY JUST DO ACHIEVEMENTS OR QUESTS. I routinely did something like that myself last month; I was Diamond 5 to 1 on Standard; I went to Wild to do achievements and I passively ended-up to Diamond 10 and I was doing all kinds of “bad gameplay” things like “not seeing lethal” because I was waiting for more cards needed for the achivs.

I encountered 2 of them last month and they only use Core cards. Not much achievement hunting or questing can be done with those cards.

What are you talking about. Several quests have “just play 3 games with “class” even if you lose”. I routinely do it myself because on a new account I barely have cards on some classes.

So many bots out there it feels like a single player game now. On one hand, it’s usually an easy win. On the other, that’s not what I’m here for

1 Like

They have bonus stars now from playing each other.

This is what happened in classic and a large reason it was closed.

They banned more yesterday.

NA, EU or ASIA?

I ask because i am currently D5 on EU, and i do not see opponent resembling a bot (cheap aggro, weird play). Not a single one.

I know the ASIA server is infested with it, but i’m not sure if there is significant difference between NA and EU.

Yeah they actioned 85k accounts for botting, and God knows how many of them were regular users who have to spend months trying to get unbanned

1 Like

NA in standard. I am hoping to see more of them actually.

1 Like

They just banned like 100k accounts. I’m sure that was just a fraction of them. I see them every other game on my climb. At this point, I would wager most of the active users on this game are automated bots.

lol, it’s nice to log in, get your five wins vs bots, and not have to touch standard again for another week, ngl.

Don’t kid yourself. They didn’t ban 85k or 100k bot accounts. Diamond 5 on up is still just as full as they were last week.

2 Likes

This is some massive copium. You can’t tell me a bunch of players with a random and nonsensical assortment of names and letters all decided to do achievements in ranked only using Standard format cards. Come on, even Stevie Wonder could see this is blatant botting.

1 Like

Never seen this and i have played since classic

These are the replacemnet bots. Blizzard kills 1 bot 10 take it’s place.

If the bots are there to make up for declining playerbase (rather than a weird RMT scheme which seems to be the old theory), then they’re probably not going anywhere.

I played two games today at Diamond 7. Both bots. If not, they are brining basic decks to the game. Like makes no sense.

1 Like

There comes a point in a game’s lifecycle when the bots have been in it for too long and in far too big numbers so everyone knows about them, even the board of directors of the company.

When you present the numbers of live players they will inevitably have to ask “yes, but how many of those are real and how many are bots?”

So that makes the “new” theory highly unlikely, if not downright impossible.

It’s the “weird RMT scheme”

Not to worry, it’s 98% bots in Diamond 5+ too!
Seems like at 10 years the standard mode game has died as far as enough real players to que against. :confounded:

3 Likes

It’s weird.
My theory is : Blizzard made a coding mistake and they are pairing casual players to the Standard ranking.

I just made Diamond 5 and only met two meta decks. The rest are all free to play decks.

This is crazy

1 Like