Bot-Ban Update—March 2024

I applaud you for critical thinking, but you basically said “one has to prove his innocence” from a position with 0 info. Most people (including me) who thinks his ban/suspension is unjust will post their ticket number for identification in case a blizz employee reads it, or some sort of proof they have. Currently I dont even know the reason for my suspension (see my bot problem post for clarification on this forum) so it would be hard for me to provide proof of “no wrong doing”.

There are for sure bad actors, but we should never forget that innocent until proven guilty should always be the starting point. I do know these rules do not apply in this situation legally, but blizz should at least uphold some semblance of core legal values or norms if it decides on punishing people. Otherwise those will suffer the most who did absolutely nothing.

2 Likes

Interesting that actiblizz resides in a country where PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is the legal standard, and has been since their country’s founding.

One must prove GUILT in systems not based on draconian, dark age legal systems.

2 Likes

From my perspective it seems like the bots are much fewer, thanks!

Hi,
would be great if you exclude duels between friends from you checks.
i’m only playing with my friend during lunchbreak with random decks. mainly every monday and tuesday and got suspended for a week now because of exploit using.
from support i only got some standard copy and paste answer. i dont know the real reason why my hearthstone account was suspended and i really would like to know the reason.
greetings
mat

1 Like

You are not fighting against cheaters, you are using faulty evidence to ban innocent players. I have NEVER used a bot but you banned me anyway based on your faulty detection system and no matter how many players tell you this it falls on deaf ears.

What you are doing is borderline criminal. You are apparently banning people based on your toxic and broken reporting system. Everyone knows how toxic your communication system is and it is common knowledge how many people misuse the reporting system.

2 Likes

They are banning innocent players and no matter how much you tell them you have NEVER run a bot it falls on deaf ears. They don’t care that their defective detection system is catching innocent players in their net because they treat their defective detection system like it is fact.

Do a search (your engine shouldn’t matter) for “video game news sites.”

Then looks for their “contact us” link, and/or a “Editorial Inquiries,” or “News tips/send us a tip” or something similar.

Do a search on youtube for “gaming reviews” and find the contact information for the people doing content. Direct them to the threads here.

Don’t forget to contact a lawyer to discuss your options, as well as your local officials.

Make your voices heard. It’s clear actiblizz wants this swept under the rug.

1 Like

source ? you are going to need one

How about all the players reporting on this defective detection system and how it falls on deaf ears? How about how Blizzard says it has evidence but never presents this evidence? I have NEVER run a bot but apparently I am guilty because their defective detection system says I am.

I have been playing this game since Beta but I am suddenly running bots; something I don’t even know how to do. On top of it Blizzard’s reporting system is consistently misused by players and since I have been playing since Beta that is going to add up to a lot of misused reporting. I do not have a common playing style but have NEVER run bots.

I saved up 100K in gold through my own efforts. I finished most achievements through my own efforts.

1 Like

And the fact they keep deleting any all reference to people simply talking about their breach of contract, telling people they should speak about this to their local representatives, and people who report on gaming news.

If there’s truly “nothing here” than there’s nothing for them to be afraid of.

But like so many other situations where this company is guilty of wrongdoing, sweeping it under the rug while their victims are left out in the cold is their standard operating procedure.

2 Likes

they cant go around telling how they detect bots
the bot users would use that info to avoid being detected

what they do need is to put more people to respond to tickets

your ban works until diamond 5 ***
Then is impossible to pay, here is why:
Everysingle time the adversary gets exactly the cards they need, i mean everysingle time
When i start i get the big cards, never the cards i need, like never
once i get to 2-3 stars everything is normal
player not responding to emoticon
trying to add the user not responding

so if they have 3 cards 1/1 and i play the card 3 that unflict 1x 3 damage , everysingle time it hits the hero twice and destroy a single card, then everysingle time they get exactly the same cards… go ahead and play… do some testing… see for yourself

its better now, before i couldn’t get to diamond with the best deck

1 Like

most people dont respond so every single of your emotes

thats true, but being beaten in 5 turns with a perfect hand each time…

1 Like

It sure doesnt feel like it. Ive matched 20 times today and ONE, yes just ONE, of my opponents was a human. You didnt do anything and you are stupid if you think ban waves do anything if you dont refine your verification processes.

Utterly ridiculous how this is able to happen for as long as it has with such a big company behind it.

Why ban? We are not allowed to concede anymore? This is getting ridiculous!

How do you know they are bots?

I have the squelch plugin for HStracker. Every game starts with auto squelch, so i’d never respond to any emotes. i hope they dont ban me just because of that.

Still every game I play is all bots… didn’t even dent the bot riddled game…

1 Like

You haven’t, you never did, you never will.